Author Topic: Nirvana baby wants compo  (Read 1304 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Nirvana baby wants compo
« on: 25 August, 2021, 12:06:03 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58327844

I suspect he's pissed on his chips by posing a couple of times since for reshoots, milking his fame.  Would love to know what Dave Grohl said when he found out.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Nirvana baby wants compo
« Reply #1 on: 25 August, 2021, 12:23:40 pm »
Would love to know what Dave Grohl said when he found out.

Oh well, whatever, never mind?
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2 on: 25 August, 2021, 12:37:59 pm »
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ian

« Reply #3 on: 25 August, 2021, 12:47:05 pm »
I like the way the BBC was too scared to show the entire cover.

« Reply #4 on: 25 August, 2021, 12:50:57 pm »
Just as well the cover model for Blind Faith's self-titled album hasn't sued anyone (AFAIK), because the BBC would cack themselves over showing that album cover.  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #5 on: 25 August, 2021, 01:08:33 pm »
And best not mention Houses of the Holy

« Reply #6 on: 25 August, 2021, 01:45:03 pm »
And best not mention Houses of the Holy

Per Al-Wiki:

Although the album was originally released with the nudity intact, Atlantic Records were allowed to add a wrap-around paper title band to US and UK copies of the sleeve that had to be broken or slid off to access the record. This hid the children's buttocks from the general display, but still, the album was either banned or unavailable in some parts of the Southern United States for several years. On subsequent [releases?] the cover covered one of the naked children's buttocks with the "Led Zeppelin Houses of the Holy" text printed on a white background. The buttocks were later airbrushed out.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_controversial_album_art#Nudity_and_sexuality

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #7 on: 25 August, 2021, 02:49:58 pm »
Just as well the cover model for Blind Faith's self-titled album hasn't sued anyone (AFAIK), because the BBC would cack themselves over showing that album cover.  ;D
Rumours that she got a pony (as in a small horse, not £25) out of it are apparently untrue.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

ian

« Reply #8 on: 25 August, 2021, 03:18:23 pm »
I never released the record company had bottled it over Guns & Roses' Appetite for Destruction cover either. Less Rock and more Roll.

essexian

« Reply #9 on: 25 August, 2021, 03:18:52 pm »
I wonder whether the baby on the cover of Anarchy by Chumbawamba will sue next?

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #10 on: 25 August, 2021, 03:28:38 pm »
Would love to know what Dave Grohl said when he found out.

Oh well, whatever, never mind?

I expect he was a bit curt.

« Reply #11 on: 25 August, 2021, 03:34:56 pm »
Rumours that she got a pony (as in a small horse, not £25) out of it are apparently untrue.

The photographer appears to be source for that one - per Bob Seidemann's account in a mid-90s ad to sell autographed copies of the original lithography, after a load of toss about the design concept, he said:

"Stanley Mouse (Miller), my close friend and one of the five originators of psychedelic art in San Francisco was holed up at the flat. He helped me make a layout and we headed out to meet with the girl's parents. It was a Mayfair address. This was a swank part of town, class in the English sense of the word. Mouse and I made our presentation, I told my story, the parents agreed. The girl on the tube train would not be the one, she was shy, she had just passed the point of complete innocence and could not pose. Her younger sister had been saying the whole time, "Oh Mommy, Mommy, I want to do it, I want to do it." She was glorious sunshine. Botticelli's angel, the picture of innocence, a face which in a brief time could launch a thousand space ships.

We asked her what her fee should be for modeling, she said a young horse. [Blind Faith manager Robert ] Stigwood bought one for her."
https://web.archive.org/web/20091027083720/http://geocities.com/badcatrecords/BANNEDblindfaith.htm

As you infer, the model says "nay":

[Mariora] Goschen recalled that she was coerced into posing for the picture. "My sister said, ‘They’ll give you a young horse. Do it!’" She was instead paid £40.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_Faith_(Blind_Faith_album)#Album_cover_controversy