Author Topic: Wiggle: email for customer services contact wanted please  (Read 1014 times)

Wiggle: email for customer services contact wanted please
« on: 06 November, 2021, 02:06:52 pm »
I am trying to get into Wiggle to peruse their Ronhill running tights.  The stupid website appears to be caught in the "accept cookies" loop.  In spite of offering the option to alter the settinv yourself it always reverts back to demanding that I accept all cookies.  Nothing doing Wiggle.

I would like to email them to tell them that if they don't stop insisting that I accept their cookies that I will be taking my future business elsewhere.

Cookies leave crumbs and crumbs make a mess.  😉

offcumden

• Oh, no!
Re: Wiggle: email for customer services contact wanted please
« Reply #1 on: 06 November, 2021, 02:19:02 pm »

« Reply #2 on: 06 November, 2021, 02:23:16 pm »
Unfortunately not because it simply shoves me into the website which immediately demands that I accept all cookies and I'm in that loop again.

Thanks for trying though.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2021, 02:44:54 pm »
Working fine for me.

But life’s too short to get stressed by these things; if you’re really paranoid go in with cookies and clear your history afterwards. Or use a private session.

« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2021, 02:56:12 pm »
Working fine for me.

But life’s too short to get stressed by these things; if you’re really paranoid go in with cookies and clear your history afterwards. Or use a private session.

Works fine for me as well - just tried accessing it via an incognito tab and it gave me the option to select which cookies to accept.

« Reply #5 on: 06 November, 2021, 03:08:58 pm »
Privazer is a very good cleaning prog. (may be a tad too thorough).
https://privazer.com/en/
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6 on: 06 November, 2021, 04:16:10 pm »
Hang on, isn't it perfectly reasonable for an online shop to set a session cookie so it knows who's putting things in which basket?  Not all cookies are evil.

« Reply #7 on: 06 November, 2021, 04:23:52 pm »
Failing that, why not shop direct with Ron Hill.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #8 on: 06 November, 2021, 05:15:21 pm »
I don't want to stop all cookies, just the advertising and marketing ones.  Using my Samsung phone and Samsung browser I couldn't achieve that.  Imagine what life would be like if every time you browsed in a shop the world and their marketing mates got all of your information.  No thanks.

I solved the problem with duckduckgo.  Wiggle doesn't have what I want atm unfortunately but I think that DDG will become my default browser from now on.

« Reply #9 on: 06 November, 2021, 05:29:57 pm »
Failing that, why not shop direct with Ron Hill.
Or try Sportsshoes or Start Fitness. Probably cheaper than Wiggle anyway.
Or Magic Mountain is the Ron Hill outlet store. Maybe some bargains, though limited sizes. https://www.magic-mountain.co.uk/

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #10 on: 10 November, 2021, 08:49:58 pm »
You could try sales@ etc. Though if they're out of stock, they may be less likely to address your concerns.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #11 on: 11 November, 2021, 06:15:11 am »
I don't want to stop all cookies, just the advertising and marketing ones.  Using my Samsung phone and Samsung browser I couldn't achieve that.  Imagine what life would be like if every time you browsed in a shop the world and their marketing mates got all of your information.  No thanks.

I solved the problem with duckduckgo.  Wiggle doesn't have what I want atm unfortunately but I think that DDG will become my default browser from now on.

I suspect that your problems won’t go away with Duck Duck Go. Most companies only test on the most popular browsers* so Samsung and DDG with less than 5% and 1% respectively (if my memory serves me well) will be fairly low on their list of priorities.

We only certify on Chrome and Safari and whilst stuff mostly works on other platforms it can be unpredictable.

« Reply #12 on: 11 November, 2021, 07:09:44 am »
Once you use an unusual browser it can go wrong during redirection in the payment process. Then the system of the seller and the system of the payment agency (usually your bank) have to cooperate. Works well on a PC when using something like Firefox or Chrome but often goes wrong when using a phone and an unusual browser.