Author Topic: Making vehicle drivers give you more room  (Read 1025 times)

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Making vehicle drivers give you more room
« Reply #25 on: 22 November, 2021, 09:30:20 pm »
No, wriggling cargo gets you more room.

« Reply #26 on: 22 November, 2021, 09:54:35 pm »
On narrow roads and pinch points where close passes are more likely, I glance over my shoulder and listen out for high reving. And put my right arm out to prevent a close pass. I do this on wider roads as well if I hear or see fast approaching vehicles.

I do this also for oncoming vehicles.

On occasions when I do sense a close pass but can't be arsed to look behind, invariably I do get one.

« Reply #27 on: 23 November, 2021, 07:43:17 am »

Isn't the cheap option to strap a pool noodle across your rear rack (if you have one?)

J

I really must dig out my reading glasses - I was initially thinking the poodle would wriggle too much.

I also misread it and so spent a few minutes trying to work out the benefit of a pot noodle in this situation.

T42

• Hat needs a wash
« Reply #28 on: 23 November, 2021, 08:15:28 am »
El Prez had a sticky-out mirror on his flat-bar eBike - bars were about a metre across, all told.  A gendarme pulled him over on the main drag of a local town and told him that if he didn't take the so-called bike path (glorified footpath frequented by kids from local school, with 4 non-priority intersections whereof two with major roads, and two kerbs to negotiate) he'd do him for obstructing the traffic next time.
But they never got to Carcassonne.