Author Topic: Brent Council car parks- open Boxing Day?  (Read 903 times)

StuAff

• Folding not boring
Brent Council car parks- open Boxing Day?
« on: 11 December, 2021, 08:53:31 pm »
Anyone know whether Brent's car parks are going to be open on Boxing Day? I'm going to the Bill Bailey show at Wembley Arena, and need somewhere reasonably secure to park the scooter. Most obvious place is the Civic Centre car park directly opposite, if it's open. Mr Google suggests it's open 24 hours, but…Helpfully, Brent do not seem to have any way of simply emailing the relevant department.

Re: Brent Council car parks- open Boxing Day?
« Reply #1 on: 12 December, 2021, 11:42:31 am »
Try giving them a ring on Monday
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #2 on: 12 December, 2021, 11:43:21 am »
Try giving them a ring on Monday
Yup, may have to do that...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 12 December, 2021, 05:03:03 pm »
Good luck!
I've had scant joy phoning Brent Council for other matters - automated loop, a few options to press and the getting cut off.

I'm a few miles north of Wembley I have parking but its two buses or bus + Tube from here.

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2021, 06:13:38 pm »
Good luck!
I've had scant joy phoning Brent Council for other matters - automated loop, a few options to press and the getting cut off.

I'm a few miles north of Wembley I have parking but its two buses or bus + Tube from here.
This does not surprise me, sadly...

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #5 on: 13 December, 2021, 11:10:22 pm »
There appears to be no general enquiry number, so sent an email via the contact form, which should at least go to the parking department. If there's no joy, I got in touch with the bods who run the official Wembley Arena/Stadium parking, the option of bike parking wasn't showing. However, a nice lady enabled it again, so I could buy a space in their multistory for a fiver (did that for Underworld a couple of years back).

StuAff

• Folding not boring
« Reply #6 on: 17 December, 2021, 11:05:51 pm »
Still no reply from Brent…but show now rescheduled to 10 January (on account of Boxing Day rail closures..well duh....), so (that being a school night, so I'd need leave, and a Monday to boot) I've requested a refund.