Author Topic: Atrial Fibrilation and recumbent trikes  (Read 1118 times)

Atrial Fibrilation and recumbent trikes
« on: 21 May, 2022, 01:49:20 am »
Went to the doctors with swollen calves thinking it might be from sitting all night working and after various blood tests was told I had an irregular HR, an ECG evidently showed I had atrial fibrilation and was put on blood thinners (Apixaban - this has had a serious effect on my ability to quaff beer).
       I checked and was told I could still exercise ie ride my recumbent trike but have noticed that since starting the meds I have a lot higher HR when out on the trike, my max should be 148 but I am struggling to hold it down and have hit 168 and believe me I am not working hard but am consciously backing off to try to keep HR down.
       I have other checks in the pipeline but had the thought that maybe being in a laid back position and exercising could maybe affect the HR differently (or am I clutching at straws).
       My Doctor says I am fit for my age and I walk and do strenuous work ie gardening etc, BP is good (meds probably) age 74 and yes the cakes have affected my waistline though not excessively.
        Any ideas folks please
 PS Nothing was mentioned about my calves in the end :facepalm:
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.