Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1718166 times)

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #16975 on: 24 November, 2021, 05:35:22 pm »
Looks good :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16976 on: 24 November, 2021, 05:49:13 pm »
In case any Withamites are interested I've plotted this ~1hour route to the Endeavour
I might actually make it to the Spa Rd RBT for 7:30 this evening!!!  :o

There's a much nicer route down through Channels than using Broomfield Road.

Something like this:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38076466

Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #16977 on: 24 November, 2021, 06:27:53 pm »
In case any Withamites are interested I've plotted this ~1hour route to the Endeavour
I might actually make it to the Spa Rd RBT for 7:30 this evening!!!  :o

There's a much nicer route down through Channels than using Broomfield Road.

Something like this:

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/38076466
ok, we'll give that a go, shorter too  :thumbsup:
Suspect BFC may have guided us thru the Channels mud tracks (at least, they were muddy construction roads last time I ventured that way) if asked.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #16978 on: 24 November, 2021, 06:30:04 pm »
Do I need to bring a lock?

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16979 on: 24 November, 2021, 06:35:12 pm »
Do I need to bring a lock?
Yep I would
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #16980 on: 24 November, 2021, 06:43:29 pm »
Thanks

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #16981 on: 24 November, 2021, 06:56:14 pm »
I expect to be at Spa for 7:30, routes through channels etc are etched into memory - really need to pay attention to the kids and dog walkers rather than looking at a garmin screen on the shared pathways.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16982 on: 24 November, 2021, 07:12:54 pm »
No show from me chaps - slight case of the runs, wisdom dictates ...  :-[

« Reply #16983 on: 25 November, 2021, 01:03:57 am »
Sorry you couldn't make it, Tom - good seeing the rest of you guys and thanks for an enjoyable evening as usual!

Mr. Jaber; H singing Ave Maria for you, as promised. Its taken her years and years to get to this level so I hope you like it!

Maybe we should do a night round mine and we will get H to do the background music for us. We can drink all my homebrew :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16984 on: 25 November, 2021, 08:17:07 am »
Sorry you couldn't make it, Tom - good seeing the rest of you guys and thanks for an enjoyable evening as usual!

Mr. Jaber; H singing Ave Maria for you, as promised. Its taken her years and years to get to this level so I hope you like it!

Maybe we should do a night round mine and we will get H to do the background music for us. We can drink all my homebrew :thumbsup:

Wow - that was a great way to start the day with that, thanks she's pretty good at that singing lark isn't she!  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #16985 on: 25 November, 2021, 08:39:24 am »

Blimey!   :thumbsup:

You won't know this Nick, you being a relative newbie and all, but at Epiphany we have in the past had a musical interlude.  Upto now said musical interlude has been been provided by me (talentless fuckwit) and bobb (a genius on the ukulele).

Do you think we could book young Hannah for Epiphany 2022?  The musical interlude normally takes place at lunchtime and if all goes well we'll be in Chelmsford.  Which reminds me, I've got to get a Pelt to you haven't I?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16986 on: 25 November, 2021, 05:47:22 pm »

Wow yes, a fantastic talent and such a lovely voice!  You must be very proud. :thumbsup:

« Reply #16987 on: 25 November, 2021, 07:55:13 pm »

Wow - that was a great way to start the day with that, thanks she's pretty good at that singing lark isn't she!  :thumbsup:

Ah, thanks and I know that's a special song for you so I'm really glad it started your day nicely for you. :thumbsup:

« Reply #16988 on: 25 November, 2021, 07:58:59 pm »

Blimey!   :thumbsup:

You won't know this Nick, you being a relative newbie and all, but at Epiphany we have in the past had a musical interlude.  Upto now said musical interlude has been been provided by me (talentless fuckwit) and bobb (a genius on the ukulele).

Do you think we could book young Hannah for Epiphany 2022?  The musical interlude normally takes place at lunchtime and if all goes well we'll be in Chelmsford.  Which reminds me, I've got to get a Pelt to you haven't I?

I'm sure she'll be interested (and honoured, no doubt) though do bear in mind she only really does classical and musical theatre stuff - we're bound to be able to put together some well-known numbers though.

So, would this be at the SH or somewhere else, and what sort of time, is it a late lunch or what? Sorry, I must read up on these things.

Pelt I can probably collect at Witham if I come by car. If not I can come to you beforehand.

« Reply #16989 on: 25 November, 2021, 08:01:21 pm »

Wow yes, a fantastic talent and such a lovely voice!  You must be very proud. :thumbsup:

Many thanks, Tom and thank you for your kind words - yes, I am very proud of my girl - she's everything I could have ever dreamed of.

OK, so let's wait until summer and I'll have you guys round where Hannah will provide the music and you can drink some of my no-doubt-delightful homebrew ;)

« Reply #16990 on: 26 November, 2021, 05:30:23 am »
I've just got round to listening. Simply superb. Perhaps she has inherited your singing genes Nick? Might we have a singing reindeer at Epiphany?

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #16991 on: 26 November, 2021, 09:45:57 am »
I've just got round to listening. Simply superb. Perhaps she has inherited your singing genes Nick? Might we have a singing reindeer at Epiphany?

That would be a first!

@Nick - Epiphany lunch will probably be ted's gentleman's club in Chelmsford.  Hannah would be invited for lunch and then perhaps do a turn afterwards.  The talent always get to eat for free, I've always been made to pay but then I'm a talentless fuckwit  ;D

We'll sort the details out shortly but ask her to save the date  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16992 on: 26 November, 2021, 05:27:51 pm »
This week???

I'm not around, again  :'( >:(

Regarding a festive curry... what about Wednesday 8th?

December is turning in to a busy month, have we decided on 8th Dec for this?
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16993 on: 27 November, 2021, 08:59:00 am »
December is turning in to a busy month, have we decided on 8th Dec for this?

Um, it's my birthday, so while I'd love to have a MEMWNS Christmas Curry on the day, I don't think I could get away with it! Other Wednesdays are available - but memories of previous such events suggest a Friday night might be better!

« Reply #16994 on: 29 November, 2021, 12:27:27 pm »
More urgently, what about this week ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #16995 on: 29 November, 2021, 04:32:26 pm »

Bengal Spice in Brigg for me this week... might use the clown bike.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #16996 on: 29 November, 2021, 04:56:28 pm »
Thanks Joergen, helpful information  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16997 on: 29 November, 2021, 05:51:22 pm »

I'm free! Any westerners about? Still overdue a visit to the Three Horseshoes at Duton Hill.

« Reply #16998 on: 29 November, 2021, 06:40:04 pm »
Any EER types out ?

« Reply #16999 on: 29 November, 2021, 06:53:31 pm »

I'm free! Any westerners about? Still overdue a visit to the Three Horseshoes at Duton Hill.

I could be up for that. Did I ever tell you where they got the rope for the well in their car park …

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43