Author Topic: On the commute today  (Read 1951477 times)

Re: On the commute today
« Reply #21225 on: 25 November, 2021, 10:50:23 am »
Unless we have presumed guilt of motorists it’s impossible for the cops to get a conviction.
I don't think anyone has presumed guilt.
Many countries have presumed lability, but this is a civil matter for insurance claims/compensation only, not criminal convictions.
The trouble is people in cars bump into other cars frequently, so convincing a jury of drivers that a low speed coming together of two roads users falls below the level expected of a competent driver is not likely to happen. There will be several jury members who have hit other cars, and they will of course consider themselves to be competent.

Eddington  100miles

« Reply #21226 on: 29 November, 2021, 11:22:23 pm »
It was a bit cold.
Not as icy as I feared, but I have still prepped the ice tyres in case - but I live in hope and have not fitted them!
Strange things are afoot at the circle K.

« Reply #21227 on: 30 November, 2021, 05:32:13 pm »
That gamble paid off
Strange things are afoot at the circle K.

« Reply #21228 on: Yesterday at 09:06:28 pm »
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/51.51651/-0.07267

Last Friday 6:45pm, Commercial Street E1 London, near Aldgate East tube station, the rider right in front of me got stopped by police for I presume having no lights.

I think there were 2 police cars parked, with a space between them, for issuing fines, I hope.

In my experience about 50% of cyclists in London don't have lights, this includes fully lycra-ed up, clipless using "roadies".