Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 2945888 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Conversation turned, as it often does in this house, to Untitled Goose Game.  I've been sulking about the lack of a gritty, urban, Canada-goose-based version since it came out, but barakta had an even better idea:

(click to show/hide)

I have just discovered that Untitled Goose Game is actually A Thing and may be yours for a mere 15.49 of your Earth pounds off of that Steam, that they have now :jurek:

*HONK*

Back in the before times, a friend handed their Nintendo thing to barakta with Untitled Goose Game loaded.  She's not usually one for gaming, being somewhat finger-impaired.  But she took right to it and within 5 minutes was asking what the buttons were for 'bite' and 'poo'.  [Developers, consider that a feature request - Ed]

So  has found her Spirit Animal, a cranky goose.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Three questions:
  • Wot the blazes is this?
  • Why was it on the wall surrounding the Raised Garden of Larrington Towers?
  • National Geographic?

What… by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

And why… by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

A trap for very small cranky gooses?  It is 20 cm long, ~14 cm at the widest point and the 'ole is 6 cm in diameter.  There is another 'ole at the other end only that one's covered with the same mesh as the sides.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Over on Twitter, Proud Father of St Albans has shared a photo of his daughter's latest Girlguiding badge, achieved for walking to a local chip shop and making a purchase.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
W? T? F?

It’s hardly Phil The Greek Award stuff, is it?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Useful life skill thobutz. And possibly provides the answer, or an answer, to your mystery object, Mr Larrington. Could it be a portable trekking hiking mobile chip receptacle? Chips in the container, which is transparent so you can see how many are left, handle for holding, and hole in one end for retrieving hot greasy potato fried chip pieces yum yum.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

ian

Finally a use for children, who have been at a loose end since they weren't allowed to fetch and purchase booze and cigarettes.

Three questions:
  • Wot the blazes is this?
  • Why was it on the wall surrounding the Raised Garden of Larrington Towers?
  • National Geographic?

What… by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

And why… by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

A trap for very small cranky gooses?  It is 20 cm long, ~14 cm at the widest point and the 'ole is 6 cm in diameter.  There is another 'ole at the other end only that one's covered with the same mesh as the sides.

It's a bug barn/insect trap

I'm pretty sure that it is an underwater golfer's safety harness cleaner.

Beardy

• Shedist
Mr Google agrees with Family cCyclist and indeed gives links to a three or four for sale on that eBay they have these days.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
W? T? F?

Nope!

Mebbe this is the 'inclusive' award...

Or maybe it's just a souvenir from a fun activity

hellymedic

• Just do it!
FSVOF!

Beardy

• Shedist
I’m being made to watch a ‘singing’ competition on the TV. Send help

For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

It could be worse, could have been the sportsball.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Beardy

• Shedist
It could be worse, could have been the sportsball.
At least the sportsball makes some kind of sense. This is so bad it’s actually beyond surreal

Clare

• Is in NZ
‘Made’ how? If you dislike it so much why not leave the room?

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
W? T? F?

Lots of Phil The Greek expeditioners out the last few weekends, exploring the remote environs of, erm, Downe in that South London.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
W? T? F?

Lots of Phil The Greek expeditioners out the last few weekends, exploring the remote environs of, erm, Downe in that South London.

It must be the season for it, I saw two lots out in the environs of Ely whilst out for a ride today.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Over on Twitter, Proud Father of St Albans has shared a photo of his daughter's latest Girlguiding badge, achieved for walking to a local chip shop and making a purchase.

I'd have stayed in the Brownies if that had been available in my day! ;D

(As it was, the only badge my lot seemed to do was "hostess" which involved making a cup of tea. I left before ever doing this, and to this day, cannot make a cup of tea, and I don't care.)

ian

W? T? F?

It’s a dangerous area. My wife was attacked by the electropig thereabouts. Darwin has a lot to answer for.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
The electropig sounds intriguing.  Tell us MOAR.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.

I'd have stayed in the Brownies if that had been available in my day! ;D

(As it was, the only badge my lot seemed to do was "hostess" which involved making a cup of tea. I left before ever doing this, and to this day, cannot make a cup of tea, and I don't care.)
Oh dear. Making a cup of tea is literally a life-sustaining skill for me. <raises mug, puts kettle on>  ;D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
It is evident in many eateries that those serving beverages have not leant how to make a proper pot of English tea.
This is a pity.
<Gribble-mumble>

Beardy

• Shedist
§the growing prevalence of make ‘tea’ in the cup with a tea bag is barbaric and eateries, and indeed people at home, who do so should be compelled to desist immediately.