Author Topic: Cutlery lust  (Read 115251 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Cutlery lust
« Reply #25 on: 19 August, 2010, 05:51:33 pm »
Yes.  Such a terrible waste of unobtanium that would be far better used to manufacture quantum accelerators.   >:(

I'd quite like to see a dolphin using chopsticks, though...

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: 19 August, 2010, 08:33:10 pm »
I'd quite like to see a dolphin using chopsticks, though...

RAAAAWWWWWR!
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #27 on: 19 August, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »
Does it worry you that, 100 years hence, the triumphal dolphins will laugh at our heavy titanium cutlery as they tuck into man fillet with unobtanium 5g chopsticks?

Only 5g? Given that most of the Titanium chopsticks on the market are between 18g and 22g, a factor of four improvement isn't much, pretty crummy unobtanium.

Wouldn't we have some sort of force field tech by then, that'll give us weightless tools and cutlery?
Actually, it is rocket science.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #28 on: 19 August, 2010, 08:57:07 pm »
Wouldn't we have some sort of force field tech by then, that'll give us weightless tools and cutlery?

They eventually got a working prototype, went to the pub to celebrate, and when they came back it had floated off and everyone was too hung over to remember what made it work.

« Reply #29 on: 19 August, 2010, 09:06:28 pm »
Does it worry you that, 100 years hence, the triumphal dolphins will laugh at our heavy titanium cutlery as they tuck into man fillet with unobtanium 5g chopsticks?

Only 5g? Given that most of the Titanium chopsticks on the market are between 18g and 22g, a factor of four improvement isn't much, pretty crummy unobtanium.

Don't be silly Tim,  we'll just be swallowing food pills by then, no need for cutlery... it was on Tomorrows World a while back....
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #30 on: 20 August, 2010, 01:50:00 pm »
pills? don't be daft.

Genetically modified trees with liquid food just under the bark. Take a Ti straw, stick it in tree and suck.

We are the tree vampires  :thumbsup:
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #31 on: 24 August, 2010, 11:04:00 am »
If you really want to go the route of lightness, isn't a set of titanium folding chopsticks the way?

Wibble

:)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: 25 August, 2010, 09:20:23 pm »
I'm really sorry to do this to the spork enthusiasts, but...

CRKT Cookware: Eat N` Tool --- Heinnie Haynes - Knives, Pocket Tools and Accessories

:D

« Reply #33 on: 25 August, 2010, 10:27:14 pm »
You'll get messy fingers using that for soup !

Zoidburg

« Reply #34 on: 25 August, 2010, 10:30:29 pm »
I like a spoon to be a proper spoon.

When it comes to shoveling scoff down my neck on the go I prefer the full sized shovel and not the crappy fold up entrenching tool.

« Reply #35 on: 25 August, 2010, 10:31:27 pm »
I'm really sorry to do this to the spork enthusiasts, but...

CRKT Cookware: Eat N` Tool --- Heinnie Haynes - Knives, Pocket Tools and Accessories

:D

Things are just getting silly now
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #36 on: 25 August, 2010, 11:45:53 pm »
That one's just not doing it for me.  Seems like a case of doing several tools badly and none of them particularly well.  Unless perhaps you're after a spork that could double as a tyre lever in an emergency.  And it's not even gratuitous titanium.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #37 on: 26 August, 2010, 12:02:45 am »
Just imagine riding through a thick, slimy, green stream emanating from a slurry pit, then finding you have a flat, and dream of eating later in the day.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #38 on: 26 August, 2010, 12:42:36 am »
Damnit the short ti spork is only $9 but the shipping to the UK is $14  :'(

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: 26 August, 2010, 08:20:51 am »
Damnit the short ti spork is only $9 but the shipping to the UK is $14  :'(

*waves fairy sporkmother wand*

Or on eBay, $8.95 and $2.96 USPS First Class Mail International  :D

Clicky

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #40 on: 26 August, 2010, 05:22:49 pm »

Clicky
Way too short for burying your poo.   Or isn't it truly multi-purpose?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #41 on: 26 August, 2010, 05:38:18 pm »

Clicky

Congratulations, you just bought this item.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #42 on: 27 August, 2010, 10:11:55 am »
My name is Charlotte and I'm a Snow Peak Ti camping cookware addict.

I also have their cut-down "racing" spork, which is one of those little objects of desire which, despite being considerably less practical than most other pieces of cutlery, nonetheless makes me unaccountably happy.

Yes, I really am that sad.

I just weighed my plastic Tellytubby spoon, the one I usually take with me on long rides. 11g and it says "all gone" in the bowl so you know when you've finished! Free on the front of some parenting magazine many years ago.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #43 on: 27 August, 2010, 10:35:45 am »
Yeah, but can you sharpen the tines to a wicked edge and use it in single combat?  Is it hypoallergenic, non-stick and anti-bacterial all at the same time?  Could it work as your primary tool to tunnel out of a prison camp?  Will it withstand boiling heat and vicious cold, without bending, breaking or otherwise deforming?  If push came to shove, would you be able to perform an emergency tracheotomy with it, whilst knowing all the time that it was, without doubt the most stylish combined fork/spoon utensil in the entire improvised triage area?

I thought not   ::-)

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #44 on: 27 August, 2010, 11:44:42 am »
The Fairy Sporkmother has been sniffing her glittery sparklestars again, hasn't she?
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #45 on: 27 August, 2010, 11:47:28 am »
Charlotte, all I can say is God help anyone who gets between you and the chocolate sponge in the works canteen.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #46 on: 27 August, 2010, 11:48:13 am »
Yeah, but can you sharpen the tines to a wicked edge and use it in single combat?  Is it hypoallergenic, non-stick and anti-bacterial all at the same time?  Could it work as your primary tool to tunnel out of a prison camp?  Will it withstand boiling heat and vicious cold, without bending, breaking or otherwise deforming?  If push came to shove, would you be able to perform an emergency tracheotomy with it, whilst knowing all the time that it was, without doubt the most stylish combined fork/spoon utensil in the entire improvised triage area?

You should work in marketing!   :demon:

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #47 on: 27 August, 2010, 12:17:50 pm »

Nope. But it's got tellytubbies on it, which means no-one will ever think "that looks cool" and steal it and if you do spot someone else using it...what are the chances it's not your spoon!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #48 on: 31 August, 2010, 01:41:44 pm »
Barakta with her new toy:

:thumbsup:

« Reply #49 on: 31 August, 2010, 08:59:34 pm »
For maximum effect that needs to be worn on a gold chain around the neck..... :D