Author Topic: more insane management speak phrases  (Read 144161 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Re: more insane management speak phrases
« Reply #600 on: 12 April, 2019, 12:35:54 pm »

as well as ensuring consumers’ full natural experiences.

There's a lot to be said in favour of full natural experiences. I haven't experienced any as a consumer though.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #601 on: 12 April, 2019, 12:59:14 pm »
There's a Negasonic Teenage Warhead in Deadpool, if that helps.

This has just led me to learn that the Marvel character was named after the Monster Magnet track rather than the other way round.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #602 on: 12 April, 2019, 01:17:01 pm »
So basically, what they say is true!

***** is a special carrier oil. ***** uses a unique technique of an award-winning Brassica Napus
Seed Oil and natural ***, leading to the perfect natural extraction with reliable stability through a
purification process by ****. Herbal infusions of ***** can serve as an effective skin conditioning agent,
as well as ensuring consumers’ full natural experiences.

...and it's also a great big mountain of farm waste...

I miss blockchain bollocks. It's better than this guff.

I'm currently working for a well-known purveyor of non-pharmaceutical health and wellbeing products, and writing this kind of guff is my bread and butter. The real art is making medical claims for the products without making any medical claims at all, because that would contravene the regulations.

I'm not proud of myself but it pays the mortgage.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #603 on: 12 April, 2019, 02:23:03 pm »
I'm modestly proud that work I did nudged us a (tiny) bit closer to synthetic nucleotides, which of course opened the way to synthetic DNA, and the likely eventual demise of the human race as we engineer our own overlords.

« Reply #604 on: 12 April, 2019, 02:28:09 pm »
That should be submitted to New Scientist. They have a slot for that on the inside back page.

I'm fascinated to know what a 'megasonic wave' is. Care to ask the marketing team ?

They'll just tell you to knock it off with those negative waves, man...
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

ian

« Reply #605 on: 12 April, 2019, 02:35:04 pm »
In other news, someone actually made a quantum crystal (admittedly a teeny one, but still the largest object yet to violate Bell's inequality).

They somehow failed to mention whether it cured any ailment when swung on a pendulum over someone's belly.

« Reply #606 on: 21 May, 2019, 01:39:36 pm »
So the new mob are super keen on this garbage, I have 500 pages of stuff like 'synergize' and 'sharpen the saw' to plough through before a 2 day leadership workshop at the end of the week. If there's a mass murder at spa hotel in the peaks this week you know why, although it'd be consistent with the psychological profile I've recently had to do to see if I'm suited to the job I've been doing for years.  ::-)

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #607 on: 22 May, 2019, 09:04:57 am »
Hi All,

XCO is looking to leverage the power of digital data, computation and parametric design to further merge evolving technologies within engineering to create a digital toolkit suite. This will enable automation of mundane tasks and increase the interoperability between software platforms which will save time, gain efficiencies, reduce errors and provide more time for greater creative solutions.

Shudder.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #608 on: 22 May, 2019, 09:13:54 am »
Hi All,

XCO is looking to leverage the power of digital data, computation and parametric design to further merge evolving technologies within engineering to create a digital toolkit suite. This will enable automation of mundane tasks and increase the interoperability between software platforms which will save time, gain efficiencies, reduce errors and provide more time for greater creative solutions.

Shudder.

whereas a company I did some work for recently said " we want people to be doing meaningful tasks rather than shuffling data, so we're using this one tool to hold all data and let people use it to produce the reports they want"
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

ian

« Reply #609 on: 22 May, 2019, 11:46:18 am »
Hi All,

Shudder.

Oh, I am so stealing 'parametric design.'

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #610 on: 22 May, 2019, 12:48:24 pm »
Hi All,

Shudder.

Oh, I am so stealing 'parametric design.'

Parametric design is a process based on algorithmic thinking that enables the expression of parameters and rules that, together, define, encode and clarify the relationship between design intent and design response.

Yu wat now?

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #611 on: 22 May, 2019, 12:50:35 pm »
Isn't parametrics like the Paralympics cept for mathematicians?

It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #612 on: 22 May, 2019, 12:55:55 pm »
Hi All,

Shudder.

Translation: we're writing some subroutines.

ian

« Reply #613 on: 22 May, 2019, 02:22:05 pm »
Since I vacated my Tidy Haired Thought Leadership™ chair for the elevated subdecks of product innovation, I've thus learned two things:

firstly, add the words 'artificial intelligence' to everything.
secondly, how to spell algorithm and understand it's not a peculiar kind of dance move.

caerau

« Reply #614 on: 22 May, 2019, 02:23:41 pm »
no mention of mnemonics?

ian

« Reply #615 on: 22 May, 2019, 02:24:38 pm »
Not that I remember.

caerau

« Reply #616 on: 22 May, 2019, 02:26:19 pm »
Well I am rather out of date in computerise things.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #617 on: 22 May, 2019, 02:42:02 pm »
no mention of mnemonics?

The danger of those things is when you accidentally refer to the Bon Jovi architecture in a serious situation.

I of course have absolutely no memory of the Von Neumann architecture is beyond that.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #618 on: 28 May, 2019, 07:18:31 am »
 From /. comments on Usanian universities ceasing to offer MBA courses (expansions of MBA are welcome  ;) ), a rather good parody of business tw@tspeak:
"Clearly, these MBA programs need to identify synergies so that they can be more impactful about incentivizing more student stakeholders thereby leveraging scaleout to maximize university revenue."

2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #619 on: 11 June, 2019, 03:30:33 pm »
"The new setup for our managerial structure will allow us to make a bigger impact at higher speed – while having more fun"

I have some doubts.

ian

« Reply #620 on: 11 June, 2019, 03:37:18 pm »
The last time we had fun on the mothership we had to jettison several entire subdecks. It was the only way to be sure.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #621 on: 11 June, 2019, 06:16:20 pm »
"The new setup for our managerial structure will allow us to make a bigger impact at higher speed – while having more fun"

I have some doubts.

Those are my criteria for car hire.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #622 on: 11 June, 2019, 06:22:26 pm »

I have some doubts.

Skydivers'R'Us?

« Reply #623 on: 12 June, 2019, 01:09:54 pm »
Since I vacated my Tidy Haired Thought Leadership™ chair for the elevated subdecks of product innovation, I've thus learned two things:

firstly, add the words 'artificial intelligence' to everything.
secondly, how to spell algorithm and understand it's not a peculiar kind of dance move.

You are so behind the curve, granddad.

It is called 'machine learning' these days. This must be combined with reference to the Internet of Things, oops, sorry, 'IoT'.

Example

In the IoT, Machine Learning will expedite the creation of value from data.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

ian

« Reply #624 on: 12 June, 2019, 01:23:26 pm »
I started to use 'machine learning' (we do, oh we do) but they told me it wasn't sexy enough and to use 'artificial intelligence' instead.

This curve is too steep to climb.