Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143268 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #50 on: 27 February, 2015, 06:30:45 pm »
I had two deliveries today; one was due tomorrow and the other "estimated" for next Thursday :o
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #51 on: 27 February, 2015, 10:04:32 pm »
Methinks Mr Larrington ordered the latter from Amazon, which was delivered by Amazon Logistics and lives within Greater Londonton.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #52 on: 28 February, 2015, 12:16:17 am »
Methinks Mr Larrington ordered the latter from Amazon, which was delivered by Amazon Logistics and lives within Greater Londonton.

Both were ordered through Nozama but the very early one was fulfilled by Someone Else.  Can't remember who the courier was.

Edit: Very Early Delivery was from AudioVisual Online and delivered by DPD :o
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #53 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:56:12 am »
I sit hedumacated...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #54 on: 22 July, 2015, 03:52:51 pm »
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #55 on: 22 July, 2015, 04:00:34 pm »
I have to say that I have been a long time critic of shite couriers.   Jason from DPD was absolutely excellent and mllePB got her package within the hour window quoted. 

Begrudging acknowledgement of excellence by DPD.

« Reply #56 on: 23 July, 2015, 09:29:39 am »
Deusche Post AG

I bought some special bolts from a German ebayer.  On the 25th June he/she despatched them by Deutsche Post and they arrived on the 21st July.

It is partly the seller's fault as they must have known of the strike but didn't tell me until I asked where the item had got to.

On the 5th July I bought another item from Germany and it was delivered inside 3 days by DHL (owned by Deutsche Post)!

Nevertheless, I'd urge anyone thinking of using German postal services to be very wary as I don't think the strike issues are resolved.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #57 on: 13 August, 2015, 03:59:10 pm »
A new bike was being delivered today by DX.

tracking was okay last night, showing as tracked into the senders nearest depot. Today the tracking number doesn't exist. I've contacted the DiX couriers, they reckon it's been delivered and signed for at another house, 300+ miles from my address. They have no knowledge of it ever being sent out to me anyway. Strange one that, they sent me an email last night with the tracking number and my house details.

Wank.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #58 on: 13 August, 2015, 04:03:22 pm »
Have you contacted the vendor?
This is real 5h!te!

« Reply #59 on: 13 August, 2015, 04:05:18 pm »
it's Wiggle, 24hrs to reply  :-\

if its a mistake, fine. If it's been added to someone's fleet, I hope their legs drop off.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #60 on: 13 August, 2015, 05:53:29 pm »
contacted Wiggle via live chat, DX have gone home  :facepalm:

« Reply #61 on: 14 August, 2015, 11:25:41 am »
Apparently DX had delivered it to the wrong address, somebody must've thought Christmas had arrived early!!

The address I was told is the other end of the country, it's coming to me today. I don't know how that's going to happen unless somebody picked it up from that house last night!!

« Reply #62 on: 14 August, 2015, 07:43:37 pm »
hoo(feckin')ray!!

arrived, box undone but taped back up, bike untouched. Perhaps they didn't want it because it was only a cheapo hybrid ;D

I now have a dedicated bike for towing the trailer :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #63 on: 14 August, 2015, 08:57:05 pm »
I am pleased/relieved/amazed you got the bike so soon...

« Reply #64 on: 14 August, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »
Me too. They must've collected it from the wrong address last night. Nobody really knew where it was this morning but they put it on a van today without any tracking of the box :facepalm:

Disaster averted, it'll be towing the dog trailer tomorrow.

I wish they'd use dpd for everything, don't have any issues with them. Plus they give you an hour delivery slot.

« Reply #65 on: 04 September, 2015, 12:18:34 pm »
I currently have a courier driver sitting outside.  He delivered a parcel a few minutes ago, and while I was signing his machine for it he went and got the second parcel.  As I handed his machine back to him it flashed up that he had to take 20 minutes break. and won't let him scan the parcel until he has. So he is currently sitting outside and bringing my second parcel back in about 15 minutes ;D

I suppose its a good thing that they make the drivers take breaks, but between parcels for the same address?

ian

« Reply #66 on: 04 September, 2015, 12:25:44 pm »
The thing is that they then drive around like lunatics trying to make up the time, because they've still got to make all those deliveries.

Couriers seem to have stopped bothering knocking on my door and just leave the parcel on the doorstep. I presume the walk up the steep drive makes the effort of knocking too much for them. It's kind of handy, I suppose, though it's also visible from the road and some passing scrote might eventually think he's qualified for a free gift and help himself. Mind you, yesterday I came home to find the cat asleep on top of the parcel. I presume that passes for guard duty in the feline world.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #67 on: 04 September, 2015, 09:38:42 pm »
I am STILL reading the title of this thread as "Shi'ite couriers"
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #68 on: 14 September, 2015, 11:11:11 pm »
And tonight's winner is....
<opens envelope and pulls out 'Sorry we missed you card>...

DX!

Your contact options for re-arranging delivery or collection are limited to web or premium-rate call to a robot.

Web: After completing the form, I'm presented with an IIS error page full of SQL errors from the back-end database. Excellent.

Phone: After tens of minutes trying to get the robot's voice recognition to work, it tries to look up my work postcode. ( This is not a new postcode or anything weird.) Hangs up at this point, and eventually says 'I'm sorry, we having a technical problem', and hangs up on me.

And that's it.
What a useless uncontactable bunch of twunts.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #69 on: 15 September, 2015, 12:44:24 am »
:
What a useless uncontactable bunch of twunts.

Try
Name:
    DX

Address:
    Dx House, The Ridgeway
Postcode/City:
    SL0 9JQ Iver
County:
    Buckinghamshire

Phone:
    01753 630630
Fax:
    01753 631631
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #70 on: 15 September, 2015, 01:07:02 pm »
According to order tracking, the fucknuggets at Hermes tried to deliver a parcel to me at 1037 on Sunday (I was in, and nobody tried to deliver anything) and posted it through my letterbox yesterday. They didn't. Wankspanners.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #71 on: 25 September, 2015, 11:50:13 am »
When it comes to couriers, I must be the most unlucky git on the planet.

or

All couriers are truly shite

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=51052.msg1924049#msg1924049

« Reply #72 on: 26 September, 2015, 09:31:22 am »
What a shower of shite they are!!

camera 1 - lost

camera 2 - out for delivery on a 9.00am today.

They only forgot to load it onto the van :facepalm:

ian

« Reply #73 on: 06 October, 2015, 11:50:10 am »
According to DPD I'm not in. Which begs the question, where actually am I then?

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #74 on: 06 October, 2015, 12:00:38 pm »
According to DPD I'm not in. Which begs the question, where actually am I then?

Inside a box with some poison. They didn't want to open it and kill you...