Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 144968 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #225 on: 27 September, 2016, 12:55:25 pm »
Just had the bizarre experience of getting a notification from Royal Mail that my package had been delivered about half an hour before it actually turned up.

Lucky I decided to hold off on that complaining email.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #226 on: 27 September, 2016, 01:27:43 pm »
UPS took my parcel to a UPS Access PointTM after but one failed delivery attempt but fortunately a Nice Lady from The Nether Lands e-mailed to ask plz to tell us when we can resend because we can't hang onto it for ever.  Doubly fortunate, in fact, after previous communications from the sender got et by Microsith.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #227 on: 29 September, 2016, 12:02:09 pm »
There was a man at my door with two boxes for a Mr Galloway a little while ago.

Right house number, wrong street.  ;D
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #228 on: 29 September, 2016, 02:18:14 pm »

Happens a lot.  I think the reason is that they navigate using a SatNav that does 4-digit postcode lookups, then only pay attention to the house number.

« Reply #229 on: 29 September, 2016, 02:28:02 pm »
That'd work. They're each a single postcode (cul de sacs, not too many houses), & only the last two letters of the postcode are different. The first part of the street name's the same, as well - X Gardens & X Court.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #230 on: 29 September, 2016, 03:06:56 pm »
Satnavs sometimes just Don't Work.

I used to live on a street and address that some makes of satnav could not cope with (as Torslanda found out). Even given the exact address, it sent him two streets away, at the far end of a dead end road. I've had a forlorn call from a courier stuck at the same place. I think the satnav wanted to send them through some bollards and across a bowling green or some such idiocy, certainly not to my actual house.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #231 on: 29 September, 2016, 03:27:24 pm »
Yeah, but when something like that happens the courier tends to know it's going wrong, rather than happily delivering to the wrong road.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #232 on: 29 September, 2016, 04:06:14 pm »

Happens a lot.  I think the reason is that they navigate using a SatNav that does 4-digit postcode lookups, then only pay attention to the house number.

Boy, am I glad that Stag House is no more. The Royal Mail sent me loads of their stuff.
(Same street number and first 3 postcode characters)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #233 on: 29 September, 2016, 11:37:12 pm »
Satnavs sometimes just Don't Work.

I used to live on a street and address that some makes of satnav could not cope with (as Torslanda found out). Even given the exact address, it sent him two streets away, at the far end of a dead end road. I've had a forlorn call from a courier stuck at the same place. I think the satnav wanted to send them through some bollards and across a bowling green or some such idiocy, certainly not to my actual house.

I don't doubt for a minute you are correct but I can't for the life of me remember where you were . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #234 on: 29 October, 2016, 02:54:31 pm »
Amazon "Logistics" have this afternoon delivered two of my parcels to a Mr Fall at 1/1 in this building even though I was in, there is no Mr Fall, and there is no 1/1.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #235 on: 29 October, 2016, 02:59:38 pm »
Mr Fall sounds like one of those public address euphemisms.  Presumably for "We dropped the package."

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #236 on: 29 October, 2016, 03:05:15 pm »
I get the occasional package for the same number with a very similar street name, which is just around the corner - For example, if I lived on Jackson Street the package would be for Jack Street which is the second left after my house.  Hilarious how long it takes me to explain to half of them that Jack Street and Jackson Street aren't the same.

« Reply #237 on: 29 October, 2016, 03:16:16 pm »
We live in B******* Village, we're number 8 Model Row.  There are only 8 numbered houses in the village, and the (dead end) road has no official name, but is sometimes referred to as "Main Road".  1km away, across the crossroads, at the end of B******* Road is Wharf Row, also numbered 1-8. About 200m from there is B****** Wharf, yep, you guessed it, numbered from 1-8. Oh what fun we have, despite differing postcodes. To the extent that I came home one day after work to find a "For Sale" board in the front garden! That was meant for Wharf Row.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #238 on: 29 October, 2016, 03:17:27 pm »
Our online chat isn't going well.

Chat
End Chat
Sound
Me: Hi
You're now connected to Rajkamal from Amazon.co.uk
Me: Hi Rajkamal
Rajkamal: Hello, my name is Raj Kamal.
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.
Am I chatting with Kirsten?
Me: I have just had two emails telling me that two orders 2X
and 2Y have been delivered to a neighbour Mr Fall at 1/1.
yes, this is Kirsten
I have been in all day and there has been no attempted delivery. There is no Mr Fall in this building, and there is not a flat numbered 1/1
so god knows where they've taken it
Rajkamal: Hi Kirsten. Good day!
I understand that you received an email stating that both your orders has been delivered, but you were in waiting for delivery and no delivery attempt was made.
I will check that for you.
Me: well they've obviously been left at the wrong address, so the delivery person needs to go get them and bring them to me
Rajkamal: Are you referring to following items:
A and B?
Me: yes
Rajkamal: Thanks for confirming.
May I place you on hold for 2 to 3 minutes while I check this for you?
Me: yeah
Rajkamal: Thanks for waiting patiently.
I've checked your order and see that tracking shows the order has been delivered today at 02:34:03 PM, and the order has been delivered to the neighbour.
May I ask if you have checked with your neighbors, household members or possible safe places where the carrier may have delivered the package?
Me: yes, I know that tracking says it has been delivered. I told you that.
it says it has been delivered to a Mr Fall at 1/1
there is no Mr Fall in this stair
there is no 1/1
and I have been in all day, waiting for the packages
so it should have come to me anyway
Rajkamal: I am really sorry that your order was not delivered to you when you were available. I will escalate the issue to the transportation department and ask them to take necessary actions against the delivery drivers.
May I know if you have checked with your nieghbours for this order?
Me: there are at least 40 buildings in this street with at least 10 flats in each of them
I can't knock 400 doors
and I don't even know if it's been left in the right street
can you find out from them where they left it?
Rajkamal: I can see the tracking shows:
Delivered to: Mr Fall
Door Number: 1/1
Me: yes, but there isn't a door number 1/1, and there isn't a mr fall
so they haven't left it in the right building
Rajkamal: Please don't worry, Kirsten.
Sometimes a carrier will accidentally scan a parcel as 'Delivered' when it's actually still on the way. It’s our experience that orders are delivered within a day or two of being scanned as delivered. I’d like to ask you wait until Tuesday, 1 November 2016 in case your order does arrive.
Me: no, that's not acceptable.
and it's not a good advert for amazon prime either
if you can't help me, can you escalate this to someone else please?
Rajkamal: I understand that you wish to escalate this issue to someone else.
I will try my best to fix this issue for you.
Me: please escalate this
Rajkamal: The highest point of escalation from our end is escalating the issue to supervisor.
May I know how you want me to proceed?
Me: escalate please
Rajkamal: Even if we escalate this issue, my supervisor will tell you the same, Kirsten.
Rajkamal: I will ask my supervisor to send you an email regarding this issue.
You can expect an email within 5 - 6 hours.
Me: no, I want to speak to them on chat or on the phone
Rajkamal: Unfortunately, there is no supervisor available at the moment, Kirsten.
So, I am suggesting you a supervisor email option.
Me: when will the supervisor be back from their break then? or are they dealing with another call? because I've already waited all day for a parcel that's been left god knows where, I can keep waiting
why is it so hard to phone the delivery people and find out where they have left it?
Rajkamal: To resolve your issue, I can make an exception and replace the Amazon item in your order and refund the seller item, Kirsten.
Me: they won't be here today though will they?
why can't you phone the delivery centre and get them to find out where the stuff is?
look,you're not answering my questions
I want to know
1) why you can't or won't find out where the stuff is
2) when a supervisor will be available to speak to
Rajkamal: Please bear with me for a moment.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #239 on: 29 October, 2016, 03:25:24 pm »
I think Rajkamal just failed the Turing test.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #240 on: 29 October, 2016, 03:36:38 pm »
In contradiction of the thread title .. . .

Parcel today (ordered on Friday morning from a well-known emporium in N Ireland) en route via Royal Mail "tracked" - email timed at 0530 to say that it was at the local SO and would be delivered at approx 1050 - 1012 door-bell rang with parcel (OK he was early, I can live with that) - he scanned the package (no signature) . .. by the time I walked the length of the hall to where my computer sits there was an email confirming delivery.  Pretty good. (No Haribo though :-( )

AND yet last Monday I was expecting a Fedex package delivered "before 1800" - Fedex man usually comes at about 1300 so when I went out for a couple of hours on the bike at 0830 I left a note in case he came to try No 39 or No35 (I live at 38) - got back and no sign of Fedex by 1600 . . . checked the online tracking and it said delivery was at 0905 to No35 .... collected package ..... about 1830 neighbour from No 39 had been to No 35 to see what Fedex had delivered for her and left at No 35??? - huh, Fedex man had put card through letterbox at 39 (despite my piece of paper stuck on my front door)  Aaaargh!

Rob

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #241 on: 29 October, 2016, 03:44:01 pm »
Our online chat isn't going well.

Chat
End Chat
Sound
Me: Hi
You're now connected to Rajkamal from Amazon.co.uk
Me: Hi Rajkamal
Rajkamal: Hello, my name is Raj Kamal.
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.
Am I chatting with Kirsten?
Me: I have just had two emails telling me that two orders 2X
and 2Y have been delivered to a neighbour Mr Fall at 1/1.
yes, this is Kirsten
I have been in all day and there has been no attempted delivery. There is no Mr Fall in this building, and there is not a flat numbered 1/1
so god knows where they've taken it
Rajkamal: Hi Kirsten. Good day!
I understand that you received an email stating that both your orders has been delivered, but you were in waiting for delivery and no delivery attempt was made.
I will check that for you.
Me: well they've obviously been left at the wrong address, so the delivery person needs to go get them and bring them to me
Rajkamal: Are you referring to following items:
A and B?
Me: yes
Rajkamal: Thanks for confirming.
May I place you on hold for 2 to 3 minutes while I check this for you?
Me: yeah
Rajkamal: Thanks for waiting patiently.
I've checked your order and see that tracking shows the order has been delivered today at 02:34:03 PM, and the order has been delivered to the neighbour.
May I ask if you have checked with your neighbors, household members or possible safe places where the carrier may have delivered the package?
Me: yes, I know that tracking says it has been delivered. I told you that.
it says it has been delivered to a Mr Fall at 1/1
there is no Mr Fall in this stair
there is no 1/1
and I have been in all day, waiting for the packages
so it should have come to me anyway
Rajkamal: I am really sorry that your order was not delivered to you when you were available. I will escalate the issue to the transportation department and ask them to take necessary actions against the delivery drivers.
May I know if you have checked with your nieghbours for this order?
Me: there are at least 40 buildings in this street with at least 10 flats in each of them
I can't knock 400 doors
and I don't even know if it's been left in the right street
can you find out from them where they left it?
Rajkamal: I can see the tracking shows:
Delivered to: Mr Fall
Door Number: 1/1
Me: yes, but there isn't a door number 1/1, and there isn't a mr fall
so they haven't left it in the right building
Rajkamal: Please don't worry, Kirsten.
Sometimes a carrier will accidentally scan a parcel as 'Delivered' when it's actually still on the way. It’s our experience that orders are delivered within a day or two of being scanned as delivered. I’d like to ask you wait until Tuesday, 1 November 2016 in case your order does arrive.
Me: no, that's not acceptable.
and it's not a good advert for amazon prime either
if you can't help me, can you escalate this to someone else please?
Rajkamal: I understand that you wish to escalate this issue to someone else.
I will try my best to fix this issue for you.
Me: please escalate this
Rajkamal: The highest point of escalation from our end is escalating the issue to supervisor.
May I know how you want me to proceed?
Rajkamal: Even if we escalate this issue, my supervisor will tell you the same, Kirsten.
Rajkamal: I will ask my supervisor to send you an email regarding this issue.
You can expect an email within 5 - 6 hours.
Me: no, I want to speak to them on chat or on the phone
Rajkamal: Unfortunately, there is no supervisor available at the moment, Kirsten.
So, I am suggesting you a supervisor email option.
Me: when will the supervisor be back from their break then? or are they dealing with another call? because I've already waited all day for a parcel that's been left god knows where, I can keep waiting
why is it so hard to phone the delivery people and find out where they have left it?
Rajkamal: To resolve your issue, I can make an exception and replace the Amazon item in your order and refund the seller item, Kirsten.
Me: they won't be here today though will they?
why can't you phone the delivery centre and get them to find out where the stuff is?
look,you're not answering my questions
I want to know
1) why you can't or won't find out where the stuff is
2) when a supervisor will be available to speak to

I’m sorry this is taking longer than expected. Please bear with me while transfer this chat to my supervisor.
Me: thank you
Rajkamal: I am really sorry, Kirsten.
My supervisor is stuck in a long call, so I am unable to transfer this chat to my supervisor.
So, I've requested my supervisor to send you an email regarding this issue.
You can expect an email from my supervisor within 5 - 6 hours.
Me: no, your supervisor should phone me
can you please tell me why you can't contact the delivery people and find out where they have left it?
Rajkamal: Unfortunately, the supervisor callback option is not available, Kirsten.
Me: why not?
and why can't you find out where they leftit?
Rajkamal: I can either transfer the chat to my supervisor or I can ask my supervisor to send you an email regarding this issue.
But since the supervisor is on other chat, I am unable to transfer this chat to supervisor. So, there is a supervisor email option left, Kirsten.
As informed earlier. Sometimes a carrier will accidentally scan a parcel as 'Delivered' when it's actually still on the way. It’s our experience that orders are delivered within a day or two of being scanned as delivered.
Me: why can't you contact them and find out?
Rajkamal: I will contact the carrier and check what exactly happened with the delivery of the order and make sure the mistake won't be repeated.
Me: no, I'm asking you to contact the carrier, ask them where they actually left it, and let me know so that I can go and get it, or they can get it back and deliver it
the stuff was supposed to be delivered today not Tuesday when I will be at work
Rajkamal: I am unable to contact the carrier right away, Kirsten.
I will escalate the issue to my supervisor and ask him to call the carrier to check what has happened with the delivery. He'll send you an email with the details.
Me: that's not helpful - that means it could be 10pm before I know what's going on
what's the point of paying for amazon prime when stuff goes missing and nobody can find out where it is?
Rajkamal: I can confirm you that you'll receive an email from my supervisor within next 2 hours.
Me: is the supervisor finished with the other call yet?
Rajkamal: No Kirsten.
The call has not completed yet.
Please don't worry, Kirsten.
I can confirm you that my supervisor will send you an email within next 2 hours.
Is there any thing else I can help you with today?
Me: well, there are a few things I want help with - I want you to find out where the stuff is, I want to speak to a supervisor, but apparently you're unable to help with any of that. And I realise that's not your fault, but I have to say amazon's customer services processes suck
Rajkamal: My supervisor has completed the call now. As per your request, I'll transfer this chat to one of our supervisors who will assist you further. Please stay online while I complete the transfer.
Me: thank you
A Customer Service Associate will be with you in a moment.
You're now connected to Subramanian from Amazon.co.uk
Subramanian: Hello Kirsten, this is Subramanian.
I'm a part of the leadership team here at Amazon.co.uk.
Just a moment please while I read your previous conversation.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #242 on: 29 October, 2016, 04:12:17 pm »
Subramanian: Hello Kirsten, this is Subramanian.
I'm a part of the leadership team here at Amazon.co.uk.
Just a moment please while I read your previous conversation.
Thanks for waiting.
I'm sorry to hear that you've not received the items yet.
This might be the wrong tracking update by the carrier. Some chances are there that the driver might incorrectly updated the tracking as delivered or updated someone's tracking.
In these cases, the driver won't come back again for the same route as they need to finish the deliveries within 9 pm for the allotted areas.
They will deliver the order within 1 or 2 days.
I can certainly understand that you're not satisfied with the service from Amazon Logistics.
We continually monitor the service provided by our carriers and take complaints of this nature very seriously.
We’ll replace any items lost or damaged during delivery at no extra charge and monitor our carriers very closely.
We realise this incident reflects negatively upon Amazon.co.uk and the feedback you've provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by Amazon Logistics.
Me: I might believe the tracking was updated incorrectly for one parcel, but not for two
Subramanian: The same driver might be had your both parcels in the van.
Me: the delivery person has obviously delivered both packages to the wrong address and I can't understand why you won't contact them to find out
Subramanian: I'm sorry that we are unable to contact the carriers to investigate about this.
Usually we will request the customers to wait 24-48 hours to receive the order.
If you are not willing to wait, I can create a replacement order for the item sold by Amazon and issue refund for the items sold by seller.
I can replace this item " Slumberdown All Seasons 15 Tog Combi Duvet- Double Bed, White " and issue refund for other.
Me: you're seriously trying to tell me that a company the size of amazon has no way to get in touch with the people it employs to deliver things?
you must think I button up the back
Subramanian: If there is an option to investigate this, we can do this at first instance.
There is no option to raise investigation, we do give some time for the drivers to turn back and deliver the parcels. Time is fixed based on the recent deliveries.
I suggest you to wait 24-48 hours to receive the order.
As a token of apology for the delay, I can extend your prime membership for 1 month.
Me: why not ring the distribution centre and get them to ask the driver what's going on?
Subramanian: Please understand that if there is an option to do that , I should have done this earlier.
I can confirm that there is only one option, you should wait for the order to receive or I can issue refund or replace the items.
Me: I do not believe it is impossible to contact the distribution centre. It's in Glasgow, not on Mars
Subramanian: Kirsten, I informed you many times that we are unable to contact the carriers for these delivered not received problems.
The parcels will be automatically delivered by the drivers within 1-2 days.
Me: yes you informed me and I'm telling you that although that's what you're told to say, I don't believe it
the distribution centre has phones and computers
you have phones and computers
you could use your phones and computers to contact them
and the driver has clearly left the parcels somewhere else
it was ordered for delivery today, it says its been delivered today, it's been delivered to the wrong place, and delivery on Monday or Tuesday is no good because I will be at work
Subramanian: I'm not lying, Kirsten.
They won't pickup the phone, it is not possible to discuss the Amazon logistics delivery problems over phone.
Yes, I agree with you that the driver has left the parcel somewhere else.
I'm trying to resolve the issue here by using the available policy and resources.
Me: where we also have phones and computers for contacting people
your available policy and resources are not helpful
Subramanian: Okay, I take this as a feedback and forward this to the appropriate department. I hope they will consider this and looking for a change.
Just to confirm, do you wish to wait 48 hours to receive the parcels or wish to get replacement/refund?
Me: I don't want either of those options
I want the delivery today as I ordered it
Subramanian: I can not confirm whether the driver will come back and deliver the parcel today. We do have an approximate time for that, it is 48 hours.
I've provided all possible options.
Okay, could you please confirm how can I proceed further?
Me: can you escalate to someone who can contact the distribution centre please?
Subramanian: I understand that you wish to escalate this, confirm that no one can contact Amazon logistics carrier for delivered not received issues and ask them to deliver on same day.
We ask you to wait until 48 hours because this order may reach you before a refund or replacement is completed.
Me: can you give me their phone number then please?
Subramanian: If there is a contact number, I can give it to you straight away.
Customers can not contact them directly.
Me: you can't contact them and customers cant contact them?
are they like the A-team? do I have to put an advert in the paper?
Subramanian: We can contact them via internal mailing system if there is any delay with order.
Since the order was already marked as delivered, it should be driver's wrong tracking update.
The carrier will review daily deliveries either successful or unsuccessful after 9 pm in their depot.
Subramanian is typing...
Me: this is ridiculous. Your procedures are really so arcane that you can't get hold of another part of the company to find out what went wrong? this is not customer service, this is Dali-like surreality
but it will say delivery successful because they think they've delivered it

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #243 on: 29 October, 2016, 04:37:17 pm »
Subramanian: They can easily find the drivers who made the mistake because the driver must have the parcel in hand but marked the tracking as delivered.
In these cases, they will take action against the drivers and arrange a new delivery in the next delivery days.
Amazon logistics is our own delivery company.
We do respect your feedback on Amazon logistics delivery policy.
I assure you that the feedback will be forwarded to the delivery team and hope they will review customer's feedback, change the procedures in future.
Me: I don't want to be a learning experience, I just want to know where my stuff is
Subramanian: Since it is not with you in your address now, it should have been with the driver or in the delivery van.
You will receive the parcel in the upcoming delivery days, the maximum I ask you to wait is for 48 hours.
If I create a replacement or refund, there are more chances, the parcel will be delivered back to you, you need to return the original parcels.
Or there are some chances, your neighbours might have received the parcels and give it back to you within the next 48 hours.
We've driven this procedure because many customers keep on contacting us that incorrect delivery update orders are being delivered to customers.
Me: right, this is what I want to happen. Can you please email the top secret anonymous distribution centre and ask them to find out from the driver where he has left the stuff? Then when they get back to you, you email me by this time tomorrow to let me know what has happened. If it is on the van still you need to give me a notification of a 1 hour delivery slot because I actually have stuff to do which involves leaving the flat
and I am not prepared to waste all of tomorrow
as well as today
if the driver has left it in another building or another street, he or she needs to tell me where so I Can go and get it
Subramanian: I understand that you want these things to happen.
I'm really sorry to say that these option is not available.
The carrier investigation and re delivery will be happened in the carrier network and they won't reveal the outcome.
Here are the two options:
Please wait till 48 hours to receive the stuffs or
I can issue replacement for Slumberdown All Seasons 15 Tog Combi Duvet- Double Bed, White and issue refund for other.
Me: Amazon Logistics,which is part of Amazon, won't tell Amazon what they've done with the stuff they're supposed to deliver?
Am I on camera? Is this Noel Edmonds?
can't you see how ludicrous this is?
Subramanian: We understand how frustrating this is for you, and the inconvenience this has caused.
I hope you understand that we should stock with the available options and procedures to handle the delivery problems.
I've forwarded the formal complaint about this with Amazon logistics and they will review this delivery.
I hope they will take necessary actions and make sure this won't repeat again.
Me: but you told me you can contact them by email and now you say you can't.
Subramanian: I can send complaints to them but they won't reveal the outcome of the investigation, it will be done internally.
Me: I don't care about a disciplinary investigation of the driver, people make mistakes. I want them to find out where my stuff is and tell me
Subramanian: It is not possible to tell where your parcel is now.
As informed clearly, they won't reveal the investigation outcome.
Is there anything else I can help with?
Me: seriously, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard
and I work for a local authority
Subramanian: One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service and I realise that we have not met that standard in this case. Please accept our apologies.
Me: look I can accept that the courier has put the stuff in the wrong place. We all make mistakes. What I cannot accept is that amazon cannot or will not ask the despatch company to find it, and that even if you did, they wouldn't tell you
Subramanian: To be frank, if I am in your situation, I'll also feel the same.
I hope our transportation team will review the customer complaints about delivery and make necessary changes in future.
If you won't receive the parcels within 48 hours, please contact us we'll issue replacement or refund for the items.
Apart from this, is there anything else I can help you with?
Me: look I realise this hasn't been an easy call for you, and I know you and Raj hate me now, and I'm sorry, I know it's not your faults, I'm just flabbergasted
I hope you get to go home soon
Subramanian: Kirsten, it is our carrier's mistake. We should take responsibility for the mistake. Due to some policy procedures, I'm really sorry that if I was not much of help.
I wish and hope you will receive the items within the specified time period 48 hours.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #244 on: 29 October, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »
Yegods.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #245 on: 29 October, 2016, 06:12:00 pm »
TLDR: Amazon's courier gave my parcels to a complete stranger, can't tell me who or where and say that even if they were able to ask the courier, the courier wouldn't tell them.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #246 on: 29 October, 2016, 06:37:34 pm »
EG, if it all falls to bits and you don't get it, I can thoroughly recommend the Duvet Store, wot is based in your fair country, Arbroath, no less.  Very efficient delivery, by DPD. Ours made it all the way down to us on the South Coast, at precisely the time they said.  Shame the duvet covers from a different company (new ones needed 'cos its a super king size, to allow for cats stealing part of it) weren't as snappy arriving, but they are here now, and of course the weather is not fit to dry them after their initial go in the washing machine.
Wombat

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #247 on: 02 November, 2016, 12:53:07 pm »
A total stranger turned up at my door yesterday to say my parcels were delivered to him on Saturday afternoon. He lives on a completely different street; by no means of the imagination is he a neighbour.

« Reply #248 on: 02 November, 2016, 01:00:22 pm »
So he was the Fall guy?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #249 on: 02 November, 2016, 02:16:22 pm »
Have you any idea of his postcode? It might differ from yours by a single character...