Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 146189 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #650 on: 11 September, 2021, 05:41:45 pm »
Had the old parcel-in-the-recycling-bin trick yesterday, it's been a while...

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #651 on: 12 September, 2021, 08:58:16 am »
Each year I buy cycling world championship shirt and sometimes shorts.  This is expensive because I have to pay whatever Santini decide is full price. I expect that.

Tomorrow I will be visited by UPS demanding a further £80 before handing over the parcel.

« Reply #652 on: 23 September, 2021, 11:23:54 am »
Yodel have apparently been to my house three times without leaving a card. The item is now irrevocably stored for collection at my “local” depot which is out by the M25 and at least an hour each way by any form of transport, at least during opening hours.

They might as well have thrown it in the bin.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #653 on: 23 September, 2021, 12:48:50 pm »
Order from Amazon for 3 items (all fulfilled by Amazon) - messages to say they have been shipped and will arrive Tuesday 21 September . . . . no sign of any deliveries . . . went to the tracking and it said:

Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking at the further details it seems that this was registered on the tracking:

Monday, 20 September
5:45 PM
Parcel was damaged and will be returned.
GB
5:21 PM
Carrier picked up the package.

All seems odd to me BUT even stranger and annoying is that I've had no notification on the cancellation, refund etc from Amazon - I could still be wating if I hadn't looked at the tracking.

I placed a fresh order for the same things on Tuesday evening and, so far, one item that's marked as shipped left Germany at about 0430 this morning .... nothing on the others.

« Reply #654 on: 24 September, 2021, 11:07:48 pm »
Had another reason to go to Enfield today, so in Yodel’s defence post Covid you now have to sit in your car (you brought a car, right?), read a 20 digit number over the phone and a few minutes later someone comes out and lobs your package through the car window.

Compared to some of the awful experiences I’ve had spending hours sitting (or standing) in grotty receptions wondering what’s going on, it’s a huge improvement.

« Reply #655 on: 25 September, 2021, 01:30:14 pm »
Order from Amazon for 3 items (all fulfilled by Amazon) - messages to say they have been shipped and will arrive Tuesday 21 September . . . . no sign of any deliveries . . . went to the tracking and it said:

Unfortunately, a problem occurred during shipping and we had to cancel your delivery. The package is being returned, and we will issue a refund within 5 - 7 business days after the return is processed. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking at the further details it seems that this was registered on the tracking:

Monday, 20 September
GB

All seems odd to me BUT even stranger and annoying is that I've had no notification on the cancellation, refund etc from Amazon - I could still be wating if I hadn't looked at the tracking.

I placed a fresh order for the same things on Tuesday evening and, so far, one item that's marked as shipped left Germany at about 0430 this morning .... nothing on the others.

I had a similar thing happen to me once, and then the seller disappeared. Got my refund.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

robgul

« Reply #656 on: 25 September, 2021, 02:59:16 pm »

Monday, 20 September
GB

I had a similar thing happen to me once, and then the seller disappeared. Got my refund.

That was my thinking - but it was 3 separate items from 3 suppliers??   What was more annoying was that I couldn't find anyway to ask WTF was going on - and complain.  The "phone Amazon" thing worked with a call-back BUT as soon as I pressed the number for the option it hung up with a robotic message.  I have yet to see my refund.

Fingers crossed the replacement order will be here shortly . . . tracking says it left Birmingham at 1152 this morning.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #657 on: 27 September, 2021, 03:09:00 pm »
Now, Mr Postman, what do you think might be packaged in a square cardboard wossname 30 cm on a side and having the words “Bandcamp Vinyl Pressing Service” written on the outside in large friendly letters?  Do you think it might possibly be an old-skool – gasp – 12” record?  In a cardboard sleeve?  So I'm sure it would be perfectly safe propped up against the wheelie bin and fully exposed to any weather that might happen by in the time that elapses between your delivery attempt and me going shopping.  As a bonus, you could not put a card through the letterbox where I might glimpse it through the window, nestling among the takeaway menus and shitverts from estate agents.  You div.

Fortunately Messrs Bandcamp packed it with an outer plastic sleeve so my precious limited edition vinyl pressing of “Insider” by the mighty Amplifier has neither dissolved in the rain nor been eaten by rats.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

robgul

« Reply #658 on: 27 September, 2021, 03:14:23 pm »

Monday, 20 September
GB

That was my thinking - but it was 3 separate items from 3 suppliers??   What was more annoying was that I couldn't find anyway to ask WTF was going on - and complain.  The "phone Amazon" thing worked with a call-back BUT as soon as I pressed the number for the option it hung up with a robotic message.  I have yet to see my refund.

Fingers crossed the replacement order will be here shortly . . . tracking says it left Birmingham at 1152 this morning.

The items all met up mysteriously in Birmingham and came sometime between 1700-1900 when we were out, but left on the doorstep.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #659 on: 28 September, 2021, 05:36:04 pm »
Text from Parcel Farce at 17:15 your parcel is due to be delivered between 13:26 and 14:26 ... It arrived at 14:15.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #660 on: 28 September, 2021, 09:13:31 pm »
TBF ,I don't think text messages (or email) have a guaranteed delivery time. Emails "should" be more reliable I think.

If they did it would be on a par with "first class post", any flight you book, or any response required from ATOS or Crapita.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #661 on: 28 September, 2021, 10:31:00 pm »
The online tracking link said delivery between 8-14:00 and that they had send a text with details when I looked at about 10am

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #662 on: 29 September, 2021, 05:41:04 pm »
Remember my attempt to send things to my mate in Sweden by registered post and international tracked post, which failed?

I sticky back taped 4 of the wee little electronic bits* to a bit of cardboard. Wrote hippy bathday on the letter stuck a 1st class queenie sticky thing on it and 8 days later it arrived ...

* usb-c charging ports for mobiles, they came in rolls of 30 or 50 and my mate only needed a few.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #663 on: 12 October, 2021, 12:00:47 pm »
I had just left for the station yesterday when my phone rang. I answered it, and it was a Yodel courier who couldn't find my house. Just as I was starting to try and give directions, the bloke walking towards me, with a phone at his ear in one hand and a package in the other,  realised that the voice on the phone was the same as the voice of the approaching pedestrian.  The handover took place there and then. He wasn't interested in where my house was, in case he had to find it again, because this wasn't his normal patch. So shite courier (Yodel) for sending someone who had no idea about the area,  but bonus point to the individual for a bit of initiative.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Jayjay

• Layin' back a bit these days.
« Reply #664 on: 16 October, 2021, 05:40:19 pm »
Amizon package expected sometime, not especially urgent so I didn't attempt to track it.
Email arrived: "Your parcel has been delivered". Odd, we didn't see one. Searched outside, ah! Parcel behind green bin  :)
SWMBO reports later that a delivery card appeared about 11pm "Behind green bin". That's about 5 hours after I fetched it in  :facepalm:

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #665 on: 16 October, 2021, 06:23:27 pm »

Ordered something from an online shop, didn't realise it was in Austria. Sent via post.at. It's apparently been delivered. But I have no idea where. No card is left. and I have no item. Have chased it with postnl (should be delivery partner) but they can't find it, have sent a message to post.at. No reply. Not pleased.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #666 on: 16 October, 2021, 07:30:43 pm »
Ordered something from an online shop, didn't realise it was in Austria. Sent via post.at. It's apparently been delivered. But I have no idea where. No card is left. and I have no item. Have chased it with postnl (should be delivery partner) but they can't find it, have sent a message to post.at. No reply. Not pleased.

Obviously the solution is to leave the European Union, as then you'd helpfully get advance warning of this sort of thing in the form of WTFBloodyHellHowMuch additional tax/shipping costs being added at the checkout, if they don't refuse altogether.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #667 on: 16 October, 2021, 08:37:08 pm »
Obviously the solution is to leave the European Union, as then you'd helpfully get advance warning of this sort of thing in the form of WTFBloodyHellHowMuch additional tax/shipping costs being added at the checkout, if they don't refuse altogether.

You say that, but the stuff I ordered from Mercian has not arrived, and I also have not received a "Oi, give us money!" ransom note from PostNL.

On the plus side, the book I ordered from the UK, and the thingy I ordered from Canada have both got past the ransom stage (I paid the ransom).

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #668 on: 21 October, 2021, 11:08:41 am »
Two Packlink/Hermes deliveries gone missing in 2 days.  The first from Wiggle, the second a purchase from ebay.

In both cases they claim to have been delivered.  I was at home on each occasion and no-one came near the house.  The "proof-of-delivery" photos are a joke - both just a blur and show absolutely nothing.

This seems more like fraud than incompetence.  Of course there is absolutely no way of contacting anyone to alert them to the problem other than a chat bot.
The sound of one pannier flapping

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #669 on: 21 October, 2021, 01:44:23 pm »
I’m waiting to two items from different sellers. A delivery van just pulled up outside our house, the driver got out and looked at our front door as he passed from view (I can’t see our up-street gateway from my current seat) so I got up and went to the door to receive my delivery. Imagine my consternation when he didn’t arrive at my front door, but was then seen walking back down next doors drive.
Bloody stupid delivery driver. Park outside the proper house you fool.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #670 on: 21 October, 2021, 07:16:41 pm »
Two Packlink/Hermes deliveries gone missing in 2 days.  The first from Wiggle, the second a purchase from ebay.

In both cases they claim to have been delivered.  I was at home on each occasion and no-one came near the house.  The "proof-of-delivery" photos are a joke - both just a blur and show absolutely nothing.

This seems more like fraud than incompetence.  Of course there is absolutely no way of contacting anyone to alert them to the problem other than a chat bot.

Two google sources give 0330 808 5456 as a number
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #671 on: 28 October, 2021, 04:02:41 pm »
See div thread for background

Phone ordered Sun eve. Delivery on 28th if I ordered then and paid extra for courier. Phone to be dispatched 27th.

I expected that it would be 29th, not 28th, but that would be ok.

Vodafone hand over phone to courier on 27th, as promised.  Courier tracking link - estimated deliver 3rd Nov. Not 27th.

Since I placed the order, I've also ordered a new phone case and waterproof pouch. They arrived yesterday!

Phone has sat in the same birmingham depot for 24hours now. FFS!

This would be a bit of a 1st world problem if it wasn't that I need a mobile with that exact phone number to get access to some files.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #672 on: 09 November, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
UPS again, just how can they think they are something special, yet have zero idea of what providing a service is.

Item (a very hard to get, resin 3D printer) ordered months ago from firm in Austria.  Obviously its made in China, so its no surprise that its delayed.  Seller gives me options to cancel or wait, very solicitous and efficient.

I get a message from them to say its on its way, and will be delivered on 10th Nov, by UPS.  Groan from me, as UPS are just plain dreadful round here, and just don't do customer service.

Get an email from UPS to say its been rescheduled, to a day earlier.  Ok, we shall see...

Message from seller, UPS tell them (but not me) my address isn't valid (what, the same actual correct address you've eventually managed to deliver late to, a couple of times before?)

I use the UPS tracking notice from the rescheduling email, and it says that the address does not compute, and that they are attempting to resolve this.  Cue a succession of painful attempts to use their online AI bot thingy, which get us nowhere other than round in circles.  Next, an attempt to phone them, which results in nothing, they are closed.  In the process of following the tracking info, I take up its offer of updates on my shipments, so hopefully that'll confirm if there is or is not, a problem.  Nothing further from that.

This morning, Mrs W, who has better hearing on the phone than I do, phones them.  After talking to a crap voice recognition thingy she gets a semi-human, who says at about 3 decibels "mmmble, mmmble mmmble, mmm."  Mrs W tells said mumbler to speak up, no result, then tells it to call back as there is no point in carrying on like this, we can hear nothing.  No call back.  Mrs W calls again, gets another mumbler, but just loud enough for her to hear.  "it says here its on the van" is the only response we get.  Well if its on the van, why haven't I got an update to say so? We shall see. 

It may be we will actually get our parcel on time, but why do I feel as if I've carried it all the way from China myself?  Just provide a bloody service, acknowledge the folk getting stuff are your customers just as much as those sending it, and stop pissing me about!

Upon reading the rescheduling email, I notice they claim the colour brown is their copyright.  You can't copyright brown, you idiot fucknuggets!  Apart from anything else, I am the buildings manager of a railway, whose official colours are a sort of creamy gunk, and shit brown.  I think we've had that colour well before UPS started painting vans like the turds they are.

Meanwhile, both the window fitters, and the builders merchant, have successfully found my house.

If UPS don't deliver this afternoon, it'll be in the rant thread...
Wombat

« Reply #673 on: 09 November, 2021, 12:17:31 pm »
DPD rang my doorbell and left some parcels on my doorstep. I asked him that if I'm not in,
could he leave parcels (hidden by a wall) three feet away in my porch area, so that people
walking past my front door can't see the items.

He said he hasn't been told to do so, therefore cannot. I said that once he has taken his
photograph of packages on my doorstep it should be no effort to move them three feet
away, so that they are out of sight.

He said that they (the packages) could be stolen and he would have to pay for them. I replied
that they are more likely to be stolen in they are left on my doorstep unattended in full view
people walking by.

Some people just don't have common sense, think for themselves or use initiative. ::-)

*The Royal Mail / Parcelforce always leave items out of sight in my porch area if I'm not in.

« Reply #674 on: 10 November, 2021, 09:32:18 am »

Upon reading the rescheduling email, I notice they claim the colour brown is their copyright.  You can't copyright brown, you idiot fucknuggets!

There is something around trademarking (not copyrighting) specific colours (not any old brown, but pantone <whatever>) for specific purposes. So as a simple example you could run into problems if you run a courier company and paint your vans a similar brown to UPS, as that could be confusing to customers. They similarly trademark their traditional van shape, and never sell those when they are taken out of service, scrapping them instead. But if you run a plumbing company, no problem painting your van the same shade. Or if you run a courier company and paint your van a very light brown.