Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 889364 times)

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #1700 on: 28 January, 2016, 08:02:30 pm »
Priti Patel.
I thought she already had honorary life membership?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1701 on: 28 January, 2016, 09:45:43 pm »
While I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn is an excellent human being, the idea that we would spend billions on Trident submarines without Trident missiles is extremely twattish.  Why would you still want to incur billions and billions of expense just to keep people in a job at the shipyards? Re-train them or pension them off; stuff their mouths with gold in compensation and you're still quids in.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rr

« Reply #1702 on: 29 January, 2016, 12:11:24 am »
Priti Patel.

What has she done now? One of the good things about moving to Chelmsford is that I am no longer "represented" by her.

« Reply #1703 on: 31 January, 2016, 05:43:39 pm »
Priti Patel.

What has she done now? One of the good things about moving to Chelmsford is that I am no longer "represented" by her.

Stating that Iain Duncan Smith is doing God's work.

« Reply #1704 on: 31 January, 2016, 05:44:31 pm »
Melanie Phillips, for her comments about sex education.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1705 on: 31 January, 2016, 05:49:49 pm »

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #1707 on: 31 January, 2016, 10:25:12 pm »
Melanie Phillips

FTFY...

Thanks. I agree, but MM's latest piece (in the Spectator, about transgender issues being discussed) really got under my skin. One of EMinor's friends is struggling to come to terms with being trans.

rr

« Reply #1708 on: 31 January, 2016, 10:43:29 pm »
Priti Patel.

Stating that Iain Duncan Smith is doing God's work.

Good god  :sick:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1709 on: 01 February, 2016, 05:08:31 pm »
Jeremy 'OnLineRashClinic' Hunt
Getting there...

« Reply #1710 on: 02 February, 2016, 06:20:08 pm »
Andrej Ciesielski
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1711 on: 02 February, 2016, 07:02:18 pm »
While I'm sure Jeremy Corbyn is an excellent human being, the idea that we would spend billions on Trident submarines without Trident missiles is extremely twattish.  Why would you still want to incur billions and billions of expense just to keep people in a job at the shipyards? Re-train them or pension them off; stuff their mouths with gold in compensation and you're still quids in.

Agreed Roger.   Where does that put the twattish ConDems who decided that we will actually have aircraft carriers but no planes on them?

red marley

« Reply #1712 on: 02 February, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »

*Jeremy Corbyn condemned for his pragmatic response to realpolitik and is urged to take a principled uncompromising stance instead*

« Reply #1713 on: 02 February, 2016, 07:48:39 pm »

Agreed Roger.   Where does that put the twattish ConDems who decided that we will actually have aircraft carriers but no planes on them?

That's comparing apples and oranges. Corbyn would have no intention of seeing the subs fitted with their intended primary armament, whereas it is very much the intention to see the carriers fitted out with aircraft. There's just the non-trivial matter of the testing and development of the F-35 taking rather longer than was anticipated back when the Sea Harriers were retired.

As far as the retirement of the Harrier GR7/9s under the 2010 SDSR is concerned, there was the non-trivial matter of a multi-billion Pound hole in the MoD's procurement budget, that had arisen from the serial procurement and project management fuck-ups that had occurred on Labour's watch, most notably Nimrod MRA4, Type 45, Astute and the carriers.

Edited to add:

The decision as to which aircraft type to retire was probably based on recommendations made by the RAF, who would have a better idea than practically all of the forum membership regarding which out of Harrier and Tornado was worth keeping. My wild-assed guess is that Tornado was kept because it had better performance and could carry the full range of ordnance, and the process of certifying Typhoon for strike operations had only just begun.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1714 on: 02 February, 2016, 11:21:22 pm »
It wasn't just the procurement budget, it was the operating budget. Something had to go, and go quick. The Harrier was going anyway, and had an issue with fatigue that was going to be quite expensive (though far from impossible) to fix. The capabilities of the Harrier and Tornado are not comparable in any realistic way. The Harrier was designed for very short-range battlefield use, which adapted acceptably (given that there wasn't a choice and the Navy already know how to operate the thing) to the carrier scenario. The Tornado is infinitely more capable, so long as decent infrastructure is available to support it.

« Reply #1715 on: 03 February, 2016, 12:33:40 am »
The Harrier [...] had an issue with fatigue that was going to be quite expensive (though far from impossible) to fix.

How well does that tie in with the fact that the US Marine Corps (IIRC) bought the ex-RAF fleet and was reported to be planning to keep its own planes running until 2030 or so? Were the UK planes simply to be broken for parts?

« Reply #1716 on: 03 February, 2016, 12:37:07 am »
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1717 on: 03 February, 2016, 09:42:15 am »
Yes, I don't remember the details of the issues the RAF Harriers faced, but they wouldn't have been helped by their relatively intense usage rate versus the US Marines' fleet. However, the largely composite structure (made mostly in the USA, I believe) is fairly easy to look after and repair if you have the facilities of the largest military support infrastructure in the world! To all intents and purposes, the AV8B (Harrier GR5/7/9) is an American, not British, product.

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1718 on: 11 February, 2016, 12:24:36 pm »
Jeremy Hunt for obvious reasons. And the rest of the weasels in the NHS apparatus whom only care about their futures in private business and gongs from the queen. Fuckers the lot of them.

rr

« Reply #1719 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:00:54 pm »
Jeremy Hunt for obvious reasons. And the rest of the weasels in the NHS apparatus whom only care about their futures in private business and gongs from the queen. Fuckers the lot of them.
There really ought to be a "these people are hyper- twats and always will be, so we don't need to keep mentioning them" thread.
First in Hunt and Priti Patel

« Reply #1720 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:25:55 pm »
There really ought to be a "these people are hyper- twats and always will be, so we don't need to keep mentioning them" thread.
First in Hunt and Priti Patel

I don't think it can be stated too often what a twunt hunt is

« Reply #1721 on: 11 February, 2016, 01:32:37 pm »
Jeremy Bastard Hunt and his pack of cronies.   I see this as a deliberate attempt to destabilise the NHS in readiness for privatisation.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1722 on: 11 February, 2016, 03:17:45 pm »
On the flip side, I suppose the staffing shortages in Scotland, Wales and Northern ireland are suddenly going to become a lot less accute ::-)

So now he's imposing a contract, last time he refused to honour the recommendation of an independent arbiter on nurses' pay. Negotiation in good faith isn't exactly a skill of his is it! What ever happened to supply and demand?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1723 on: 11 February, 2016, 04:23:13 pm »
On the flip side, I suppose the staffing shortages in Scotland, Wales and Northern ireland are suddenly going to become a lot less accute ::-)

So now he's imposing a contract, last time he refused to honour the recommendation of an independent arbiter on nurses' pay. Negotiation in good faith isn't exactly a skill of his is it! What ever happened to supply and demand?

demand already outstrips supply, but the greater the gap, the more money Twunt and his arse kissing cronies can make...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1724 on: 11 February, 2016, 05:48:19 pm »
Torysaurus venerabilis Kenneth Clarke has weighed in with "the BMA are a bunch of bolshies", the great twatty.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime