Author Topic: Gospel Pass 2017  (Read 1052 times)

CountrySickness

• mostly puzzled
Gospel Pass 2017
« on: 15 March, 2017, 09:16:33 pm »
It is somewhat unusual that there was no thread for this year's event. I enjoyed the ride as always (not so much the Vale of Ewyas heavy rain) but note I have not been listed in the ride results, anyone else finding the same? No one from the event was there to great us at arrivee and after a fair while of waiting a few of us left our cards with the barman, who I hope didn't just use them for beermats?

Good rides are better than points, but points are good too :thumbsup:

Re: Gospel Pass 2017
« Reply #1 on: 16 March, 2017, 08:24:31 am »
I'm listed in the results, but at the time I finished there was a basket in the Three Tuns for brevet cards to be left in. I guess it's possible that cards handed to the bar man earlier didn't get added to the collection - the number of listed finishers does seem smaller than the impressive group that assembled in front of the castle at the start.

This is always one of my favourite rides of the year, although you never know what weather the pass is going to throw at you! Thanks to Jenn and helpers for carrying on Nik's legacy.

« Reply #2 on: 17 March, 2017, 10:59:30 am »
I hear that all the cards from the basket were retrieved by Jenn! Need every AAA point I can get

CountrySickness

• mostly puzzled
« Reply #3 on: 18 March, 2017, 08:05:40 am »
Given the event apparently had 190 entries, only 70-odd were validated, the organiser took in near £1k with few overheads they could have paid an extra barman to collect the cards, gives us a complimentary pint and still be in the black. As it is I have a month full of family commitments so I'll have to take a day off work if I want to keep a long run of AAARTYs going. A first non-validation for me apart from DIYs organised by the mate of the GP organiser (theme ???)
(I might also be grumpy after my baby got me up at 5)

« Reply #4 on: 18 March, 2017, 10:55:02 am »
After investigation, some additional cards have been validated.