Author Topic: I seem to have elevated laziness to an art form  (Read 832 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
I seem to have elevated laziness to an art form
« on: 01 August, 2019, 09:29:15 am »
Following from this  https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=112798.msg2412952#msg2412952 I have added a smart plug which means I can control both the radio and bedside light without moving. The light is less than a metre from where I lie.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
Re: I seem to have elevated laziness to an art form
« Reply #1 on: 01 August, 2019, 09:52:58 am »
Watch it, you'll be getting a car next and parking outside the supermarket doors in the pickup-bay while you shop, because, well those parking spaces are far too far away to walk from there .. ;)

Whilst you're cycling you're all good in my book - relax :)
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #2 on: 01 August, 2019, 11:00:26 am »
Boy Wunja has one. It strikes me that saying 'Alexa turn on lamp' requires more effort than flicking a switch. On the other hand, crossing his room to get to the light is frought with danger of tripping over assorted audio equipment and discarded underwear so its use is probably justified.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

ian

« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2019, 12:10:06 pm »
All I use Alexa for is to pause or skip music (occasionally volume) – though I can do that from my watch, check the weather, and when the next bus at the local stop is due.

As mentioned elsewhere, there's a scene in the movie Us demonstrates why you shouldn't rely on voice control.