Linked Events

• Thames Path Meander, overnight version: 15 September, 2017 - 16 September, 2017

Author Topic: CANCELLED Overnight TPM, Mk III (15-16 Sept)  (Read 2108 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
CANCELLED Overnight TPM, Mk III (15-16 Sept)
« on: 22 August, 2017, 10:59:17 am »
EDIT 2017-09-10: This ride is cancelled.

It's time for the overnight version of my Thames Path Meander.   :thumbsup:
Previous years' threads can be found here (2015) and here (2016).

The details:
* Depart 23:00 from Southwark Needle, south end of London Bridge The Mudlark public house.
* Standard Thames Path Meander route, with some diversions due to closed parks
* Finish near Tower of London; 50km, more or less.
* Along the way I will regale/bore (delete as appropriate) with historical trivia.
* We will stop for threeses before crossing at Woolwich.  Nothing is open at that time so pack your own picnic (tbc: That Scottish Restaurant may be open).  Adult beverages may be consumed along the route (again, BYOB).
* Breakfast will most likely be at Hamilton Hall, Liverpool Street Station.  This is officially post-ride, so no obligation to join in.
* If you employ flashing front/rear lights on the ride you will end up in the Thames - you're bike will be spared if I happen to like it.
* A good front light is vital.  Many stretches are unlit and surfaces can be less than perfect.
* If you commit to doing the ride, please send me your mobile number via PM; I will reciprocate.
* IMPORTANT: The Woolwich ferry does not operate overnight so we will use the tunnel.  There is no guarantee either/both lifts will be operational, necessitating the use of stairs (S: _?_; N: 126).  Keep this in mind when choosing your steed.

Who's in?

Riders
Andrij
Nicholas (notp)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Re: Overnight TPM, Mk III (15-16 Sept)
« Reply #1 on: 22 August, 2017, 11:23:41 am »
Didn't we go past an open McDonalds last time, about 5 minutes after we'd picnicked by the Thames Barrier control ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2017, 11:31:48 am »
Didn't we go past an open McDonalds last time, about 5 minutes after we'd picnicked by the Thames Barrier control ?

Ah, yes, between where we stopped and the crossing.  I just checked - it is open 24/7.

I haven't decided where we'll stop, but it could easily be after we pass McD's so people have that option.

« Reply #3 on: 22 August, 2017, 11:48:07 am »
Indeed, there's a Scottish Restaurant at the end of the bit where the Thames path is diverted along the main road, just before you cut back to the river under some flats.

It's got a drivethrough though, so there's a chance only that bit is open in the small hours.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #4 on: 22 August, 2017, 11:50:02 am »
I'll investigate access on my next recce.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #5 on: 06 September, 2017, 11:32:39 am »
*bump*

If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP.  With the current level of interest I am considering cancelling.  :(

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Re: CANCELLED Overnight TPM, Mk III (15-16 Sept)
« Reply #6 on: 12 September, 2017, 10:01:14 pm »
It's a shame I couldn't make this, due to other commitments. I do hope you run it again Andrij.
Milk please, no sugar.

Andrij

• Андрій
« Reply #7 on: 12 September, 2017, 10:10:30 pm »
Life permitting, I'll try running it again next year.

« Reply #8 on: 12 September, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »
*bump*

If anyone is interested please let me know ASAP.  With the current level of interest I am considering cancelling.  :(

Sorry Andrij! I did see this thread when you first posted it, planned to return to the matter, then promptly forgot about it. Would consider it next time around - perhaps earlier than mid-Sept?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9 on: 12 September, 2017, 10:49:58 pm »
If anyone's at a loose end, there's always the Pie Run.