Author Topic: Campsites near Mildenhall?  (Read 1300 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Campsites near Mildenhall?
« on: 25 June, 2012, 01:24:49 pm »
This thread is not connect to the Rally (but may be useful for those not staying on site).

Prior to my holiday at the end of July I'd like to do a 'trial run' one weekend.  Basically, I want to load up with everything I'm taking on tour, cycle out from London around 100km, camp for the night, then cycle back the next day.

Mildenhall happens to be the right distance from London, there are a few camp sites in the area and I'm vaguely familiar with the roads between here and there.

Any views on the sites linked above?  Other than toilet/shower I really don't have facility requirements.  I will feed at pubs and cafes (as I plan to do on holiday).  Alternatively, I am open to invitations to pitch my tent in the garden of any forumite located ~100km from East London.  ;D

TIA
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Re: Campsites near Mildenhall?
« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2012, 02:04:49 pm »
We (and cycleman + others) have camped at The Willows. It's a nice site, friendly and with reasonable showers. Cycleman camps there for the Mildenhall Rally because their toilets are cycleman friendlier than those at the school. They always give him a space nice and close to them. The only downside is the airbase next door. They don't generally fly overnight or at the weekend though.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: Campsites near Mildenhall?
« Reply #2 on: 25 June, 2012, 07:44:31 pm »
Just what I was looking for - thank you.  :-*   I've dropped them a note asking about availability, etc.  As for planes, I'm not worried, as I'll have tiredness and earplugs on my side. :)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: