Author Topic: Mid-Essex and the Rest of the World Epiphany - 2023 edition  (Read 26861 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex and the Rest of the World Epiphany - 2023 edition
« Reply #225 on: 20 January, 2023, 02:18:06 pm »
Fabulous!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #226 on: 20 January, 2023, 06:15:02 pm »
I’ve just remembered to pack the snuff. G&T flavoured for those who like a cheeky scoop, medicated for the health conscious. All bases covered.

« Reply #227 on: 20 January, 2023, 06:29:14 pm »
Just checked the weather, and it's too cold and too much ice for a full day for me.

I hope to join you at the Viper for a swift one (or two) if I can fix the puncture I've just found  ::-)
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #228 on: 20 January, 2023, 06:42:34 pm »
So leaving spoons at 10:00? I'll see you all there at 09:59  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #229 on: 20 January, 2023, 06:58:21 pm »
Decided not to cycle tomorrow, but hope to see you at some point. Have fun.

« Reply #230 on: 20 January, 2023, 07:17:03 pm »
See you in evening to grab a bite to eat then awards ceremony.  Was originally going to cycle over but that’ll now be car.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #231 on: 20 January, 2023, 07:28:29 pm »
All packed up and ready to go: 2 x sleeping bags and mats, down jacket, breakfast-inna-tin, hat and glove selection. Two trophies and a stash of medals/year bars. I just hope all the other promised trophies are brought along by the 2021 holders!

« Reply #232 on: 20 January, 2023, 08:07:23 pm »
Sadly, I have had to bow out - josser collected the musty pelt of destiny from mine this evening (thank you, josser!).

I look forward to next year and I hope all you guys have a great time, I've been blessed by meeting with you. xx

Oscar's dad

« Reply #233 on: 20 January, 2023, 08:10:49 pm »
Sadly, I have had to bow out - josser collected the musty pelt of destiny from mine this evening (thank you, josser!).

I look forward to next year and I hope all you guys have a great time, I've been blessed by meeting with you. xx

Well done josser!  Who will wear The Pelt I wonder?

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #234 on: 20 January, 2023, 08:23:32 pm »
All packed up and ready to go: 2 x sleeping bags and mats, down jacket, breakfast-inna-tin, hat and glove selection. Two trophies and a stash of medals/year bars. I just hope all the other promised trophies are brought along by the 2021 holders!

Any chance of an extra SR badge as I'll be a last minute addition for the evening.

SR was LEL,A&S, G&YF & Richard Ellis perm
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #235 on: 23 January, 2023, 09:11:15 am »
Was great to see everyone on Saturday, albeit very briefly - conditions were pretty sketchy getting to the Compasses, so it was the right decision to cautiously limp the 50k home before things got any colder. Sorry I couldn't stick around for the awards, or catch up properly with everyone, it looked like it was shaping up to be an excellent evening and was very well attended. Hope everyone who camped had enough warm clothing (and beer in the system) to be comfortable, and that everyone cycling home did so safely  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #236 on: 28 January, 2023, 09:04:47 am »
I've never liked loose ends so here's a quick round up of the 2023 event.  By the way, thanks for everyone who took part and helped out, you're all amazing  :-*

As tradition dictates we started with breakfast in 'spoons, Witham.  Then it was off to the Chelmsford Brew Co for elevenses and The Viper for lunch.  Temperatures hovered around freezing and ice on the roads was a major challenge.  After lunch with snuff we set off into the dusk for The Compasses, Littley Green for more shenanigans and a prize giving.

Tomsk and I camped overnight in the Compasses garden with Elliot in his Landy plus BFC and Arabella in a camper van.  Temperatures dropped to minus 4.

We were also joined by special guests: