Author Topic: Which shirt size?  (Read 2569 times)

Which shirt size?
« on: 13 April, 2022, 07:53:31 pm »
The webshop is open, but the measurements are not terrible insightful (depending on the measurement I'm somewhere in between M and XL). Does anyone know if the fit of the shirts is Northern European (equivalent to say Tørm, or Rapha and their Brevet/Core-range) or Southern European (Castelli, Sportful)?

alfapete

• Oh dear
Re: Which shirt size?
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2022, 09:23:00 pm »
They're still waiting for the samples to arrive so I don't think anyone knows just yet. Hold fire for now, more info soon I believe.
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #2 on: 28 June, 2022, 01:10:54 pm »
Have the samples arrived yet? I'd like to know if the sizing is comparable to the LEL 2017 shirts.

Jersey sizing varies a lot, and measurement tables too often are a work of fiction. Last spring I ordered an XS of the Rando Imperator jersey as their table suggested this would be a comfortable fit. In reality XS would only fit a 12 year old and the Medium was race fit. Whereas the XS LEL 2017 jersey is has more of a club fit for me  ;D

« Reply #3 on: 28 June, 2022, 01:26:15 pm »
The webshop is open, but the measurements are not terrible insightful (depending on the measurement I'm somewhere in between M and XL). Does anyone know if the fit of the shirts is Northern European (equivalent to say Tørm, or Rapha and their Brevet/Core-range) or Southern European (Castelli, Sportful)?

The kit is measured accurately. I challenged some of the sizes and received a battery of emails with jerseys laid against tape measures. Texmarket appear to set great store by the accuracy of their sizing.

If you want general comparisons, the kit this time is very similar in size to ForceGB's 'event' kit, ie their basic model that is roomier than their 'race' kit. We sold both in 2017.

It also appears to be about two sizes larger than PBP's tight kit in 2019.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 28 June, 2022, 01:28:38 pm »
IME Rapha kit is just as tight as Italian stuff.  It's the shoulders that are the problem, not just the gut.  You can't lose the shoulders.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #5 on: 28 June, 2022, 02:12:36 pm »
That’s a point that not many folk take into account - the cut makes a huge difference. Forcegb’s kit was about average in terms of “tightness”, but it was heavily waisted. This was great if you were broad shouldered and thin waisted (ie “buff”) but less flattering it you had to make the choice between a snug fit on your shoulders or your belly.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #6 on: 28 June, 2022, 03:33:00 pm »
Thanks, I ordered the XS; I'm just thin, not buff ;-)

To be honest I'm rarely wearing "event" jerseys (and only have a few), only on special occasions. Will ride LEL mostly in a pair of battered merino jerseys, then wear the LEL jersey from Louth down to the finish.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #7 on: 28 June, 2022, 04:09:44 pm »
Having reached the age at which, sez my doc, body fat migrates to the midriff, I'm wishing I'd ordered two of each of my event shirts, one to wear during the event and a larger one to wear in my ventripotent old middle old age.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #8 on: 03 July, 2022, 03:02:36 pm »
I'm looking at the t-shirts, I've looked on the manufacturers website but the 'size chart' takes me to a blank page/image not displaying. Anyone know what 'sleeve centre back' means (sorry if I'm being thick)?  Or width - is that armpit-to-armpit?

I'm hoping if I order a jersey it might fit me by the end of LEL... ::-)
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.