Author Topic: Out and back  (Read 1206 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Out and back
« on: 14 May, 2022, 08:59:27 pm »
I'm going to cycle rom Southend to try out the camping at this pub: https://www.thehareandhound.co.uk/

I shall be setting of Tuesday pm and coming home again Weds am.

On the outside chance that any forummers want to join me, you'd be welcome.

Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Out and back
« Reply #1 on: 15 May, 2022, 04:05:46 pm »
I've only ever observed it from afar as I cycled past, thought it was a GK pub but looks not to be - shame you're not camping overnight on a Wednesday, could have been a MEMWNS venue on that basis :)
Regards,

Joergen

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #2 on: 15 May, 2022, 04:20:39 pm »
The pub has new liscenses, we had a very friendly welcome a couple of months ago. They serve some reasonable ales.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #3 on: 15 May, 2022, 09:16:26 pm »
I've only ever observed it from afar as I cycled past, thought it was a GK pub but looks not to be - shame you're not camping overnight on a Wednesday, could have been a MEMWNS venue on that basis :)

There is no reason I can think of not to change to Weds if MEMW peeps want to potter over. Could be a good social.

« Reply #4 on: 15 May, 2022, 11:16:37 pm »
I would join you but suffering from a bout of tendonitis atm which is a bit sore (as in bloody painful) and has kept me off the bike for a week or two, missing a couple of organised rides and an invite to visit the Hendon RAF museum.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: 16 May, 2022, 07:32:49 pm »
There's an outside chance I may wow. I've got clearances from the wife but having been away last weekend the house/kids/veg are rather bedraggled so will have to see how things go

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #6 on: 16 May, 2022, 11:12:12 pm »
There's a good reason to change to Weds. The pub is chefically challenged and isn't doing food on the Tues. but is on Weds.

I will have to be away early on Thurs as apparently we are heading to a pub lunch to celebrate my sister's 70th.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7 on: 17 May, 2022, 09:03:30 am »
And on the strength of that last point, I’m going to postpone.  I hate cycling to a deadline. It turns it into an audax.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #8 on: 18 May, 2022, 11:51:23 pm »
And on the strength of that last point, I’m going to postpone.  I hate cycling to a deadline. It turns it into an audax.
Avoids a potential very damp night too, good choice.
Regards,

Joergen