Author Topic: People who park like fuds  (Read 233674 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: People who park like fuds
« Reply #1275 on: 14 May, 2022, 07:44:25 pm »
I don't think pavement parking was permitted on Abbey Road in the 1960s BICBW.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1276 on: 14 May, 2022, 08:41:33 pm »
Well there was public information films about pavement parking in 1982 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zjo7B5T0CU which is a bit later than Abby Road but suggests it was an increasing problem.

I REALLY need to get some sticky stickers made to stick on the windscreens of pavement parked vehicles saying what a selfish twat they are.

Cudzoziemiec

• Моя планета голубая, я люблю тебя и обнимаю
« Reply #1277 on: 15 May, 2022, 11:42:43 am »
I think you'd struggle to get a wheelchair or pushchair through there.

You'd even struggle to get some people through there, and I don't mean the obese. I have a friend who has ataxia – a balance condition* – she sways from side to side like a drunken sailor as she walks and frequently collides with parked cars. Amazingly, I've not yet seen her set off a car alarm!

*Technically it's not about balance but that is how it manifests.
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #1278 on: Yesterday at 11:12:47 am »
I think you'd struggle to get a wheelchair or pushchair through there.

You'd even struggle to get some people through there, and I don't mean the obese. I have a friend who has ataxia – a balance condition* – she sways from side to side like a drunken sailor as she walks and frequently collides with parked cars. Amazingly, I've not yet seen her set off a car alarm!

*Technically it's not about balance but that is how it manifests.
I have to confess that there was a small temptation to embellish the side of the car with a crafted-by-key pinstripe.
But someone had already beaten me to that privilege.
Unsurprisingly.

Steve S.

• Coince ma propre tete.
  • aka Pedaldog.
« Reply #1279 on: Yesterday at 12:38:16 pm »
Well there was public information films about pavement parking in 1982 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zjo7B5T0CU which is a bit later than Abby Road but suggests it was an increasing problem.

I REALLY need to get some sticky stickers made to stick on the windscreens of pavement parked vehicles saying what a selfish twat they are.

Set it up, I'll subscribe to a load too!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #1280 on: Yesterday at 12:59:43 pm »

The lovely chaps at YPLAC will happily sell you stickers and parking tickets.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1281 on: Yesterday at 03:16:43 pm »
Took my phone with me on the way to MSHoTC earlier:

Officially Sanctioned Fud Parking 1 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  Larrington Towers Road - wide enough to permit a car and a W15 bus to pass simultaneously, although the drivers are still getting used to the new anbaric buses, which are a bit bigger and a lot heavier than the old diseasel ones.

Officially Sanctioned Fud Parking 2 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  Larrington Gardens Road.

Officially Sanctioned Fud Parking 3 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  You can j-u-u-u-st get a bin wagon through there.

Officially Sanctioned Fud Parking 4 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  See! Iz offishul!

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1282 on: Yesterday at 07:59:24 pm »
Leicester and Nottingham were doing a load of those official half-pavement parking and I used a video of a blind friend challenging this bullshittery as part of a legal fundraising campaign to try and challenge the government for allowing it anywhere in the UK.

What they need is for a disabled person to sue them but it'd be public law which is monstrously expensive, risky and loopholed.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1283 on: Yesterday at 08:07:14 pm »

Officially Sanctioned Fud Parking 3 by Mr Larrington, on Flickr.  You can j-u-u-u-st get a bin wagon through there.

Ooh, Oi reckons I could get a bin waggon through there /no problem at all/.
The next bin collection might have some wing mirrors and door trim in it, mind.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #1284 on: Yesterday at 08:13:28 pm »

I see someone's wasting valuable parking space with a bike hanger.  Which is obviously what will be at fault when the bin lorry does the inevitable.

Cudzoziemiec

• Моя планета голубая, я люблю тебя и обнимаю
« Reply #1285 on: Today at 08:55:14 am »
I'd like to know where the other end of the bike hangar is; is it all on the carriageway or is partly paveparked too?
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #1286 on: Today at 09:48:34 am »
I'd like to know where the other end of the bike hangar is; is it all on the carriageway or is partly paveparked too?
Round here (or there^) they're fully on the carriageway.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #1287 on: Today at 10:48:19 am »
Wot Jurek said.  There’s another one on the same side of the road around the corner, both fully on the cabbageway.  Pavement parking is only on the right in pics 2 & 3, and stops beyond the sign on the fence and the silver Ford.