Author Topic: Scorchio...  (Read 43151 times)

Re: Scorchio...
« Reply #25 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:55:57 pm »
I have been eating salad. This is Not Common.

Understood.
But surely not, not, not with coleslaw?
Heaven forbid.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #26 on: 07 July, 2013, 08:57:00 pm »
Countryfile just said that the high pressure is staying all week and may even strengthen it's hold at the weekend. Looks like we're finally getting a summer :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #27 on: 07 July, 2013, 10:27:39 pm »
Why not just write them down and then take the 2mm off later? One fewer thing to do at once :)

I could barely even manage that. My multitasking centre had gone offline. Just reading the tape was a challenge.

It's so hot I completely mis-contexualised "reading the tape" there   :facepalm:

Morrisette

• Still Suffolkating
    • Now Suffolkating on the internet:
« Reply #28 on: 08 July, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »
We have waited a long time to see an entire week of 'Big Sun' on the forecast! And people are complaining about the heat ALREADY??
I am never too hot.
Loving this weather, absolutely loving it!!!!!!!
Not overly audacious
@suffolkncynical

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #29 on: 08 July, 2013, 12:10:10 pm »
Don't worry.  It will be pouring down next week.  It will be a week of torrential rain, high winds, possibly a bit of snow and hail.  Some shall think it the beginning of the Second Coming.

I will be on holiday in the UK.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #30 on: 08 July, 2013, 01:01:12 pm »
We have waited a long time to see an entire week of 'Big Sun' on the forecast! And people are complaining about the heat ALREADY??
I am never too hot.

Definitely this.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #31 on: 08 July, 2013, 01:51:10 pm »
I am never too hot.

Some of us find heat hard to cope with. Coupled with working outdoors in a physical job, then yes, I'm too hot, and likely to complain.

If it were low to mid 20's, I'd be fine. Any nearer 30 and I'd mostly like to lie down in the shade and sip cool drinks. Sadly, I have to work for a living, so that's out.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #32 on: 08 July, 2013, 02:35:13 pm »
Well we've been able to put the air-con on at work today, and no-one complained! Result! 
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #33 on: 08 July, 2013, 02:39:02 pm »
I was going to say that I can see just one tiny little white cloud from my window at work, but it seems to have disolved.

We've all just agreed that it would be nice to put the air-con on.  The only problem with that is,  we don't have any air-con.  :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #34 on: 08 July, 2013, 02:43:23 pm »
I'm only really comfortable outdoors between about 15C and 24C.  I know this 9C range is pathetic compared to the range that humans on Earth can and do live in, let alone the range of temperatures on the surfaces of all the planets in the Solar System.

I was going to look up those facts and convert to some percentage thing.  But I'm too hot.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #35 on: 08 July, 2013, 02:45:12 pm »
I am never too hot.

Me too - it's ace   :thumbsup:

Anyone complaining about the heat within my earshot will receive a brisk slap upside the head and a short lecture on their being a colossal divvy.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: 08 July, 2013, 02:57:14 pm »
I don't mind the heat.  It's what it brings out.  Thankfully SouthWest trains are air conditioned, as being 5ft 2 does tend to put one within armpit level on public transport.  I wouldn't get on the tube in this unless desperate, and for some reason heat addles pedestrian brains so they are even more likely than usual (and in the tourist area of London where I work, this is already common) to step out into the road for an interesting photograph and ignore any cycles heading towards them.  I work on one of the most polluted roads in London according to today's Guardian report, and heat seems to exacerbate that.

If you can get away from the main roads, it is glorious though.  I wish I had my old commute that could go through Bushy Park  :(

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #37 on: 08 July, 2013, 03:49:30 pm »
I don't really mind being hot, so long as I don't have to *do* anything.
Heat makes the symptoms of my MS worse so I'm able to do less than the minimal pathetic things I normally do.

« Reply #38 on: 08 July, 2013, 04:07:45 pm »
I am never too hot.

Anyone complaining about the heat within my earshot will receive a brisk slap upside the head and a short lecture on their being a colossal divvy.

Big burning thing in the sky can go and f*k off behind a cloud where it belongs, IMO.

Ideal cycling temp is about -5C
 :P
<i>Marmite slave</i>

fuzzy

« Reply #39 on: 08 July, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »
Saturdays activity included repointing a considerable number of patio slabs followed by a couple of hours decluttering activity in the loft.

Activity one include my bright idea of taking my t shirt off for 10 minutes cos I was hot. 2 hours later I remembered to put it back on ::-)

Activity two included not being able to breath.

Sundays activity included a day in the bike shop followed by being head chef at the Clan Fuzzy BBQ. Hot activity followed by hot activity. I didn't burn anything.

Todays activity has involved sitting on my arse in an office working out how to persecute someone. At least I am about to say "Screw you guys, I'm going home" before mounting G G G G Granville and riding off into the haze 8)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #40 on: 09 July, 2013, 11:02:34 am »
What I enjoy about hot weather, and even more a hot climate, is the feeling of lightness that comes from wearing t-shirt and shorts (or similar). But there is such a thing as too hot, especially in a humid atmosphere.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #41 on: 09 July, 2013, 11:43:54 am »
I am never too hot.

Some of us find heat hard to cope with. Coupled with working outdoors in a physical job, then yes, I'm too hot, and likely to complain.

If it were low to mid 20's, I'd be fine. Any nearer 30 and I'd mostly like to lie down in the shade and sip cool drinks. Sadly, I have to work for a living, so that's out.

Come to work with me Arch.
This week it's minus 25 degrees C. :o
Just my luck during a heatwave.Murphy's Law rooles OK ::-)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #42 on: 09 July, 2013, 11:52:59 am »
Working in an industrial freezer jogler?
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #43 on: 09 July, 2013, 12:12:46 pm »
aye

& the cooling plant is struggling to cope.There are some serious H&S issues developing within the warehouse with defrosting/re-freezing.
Ice skates may become company issue PPE ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #44 on: 09 July, 2013, 01:52:51 pm »
I wouldn't mind the heat if it wasn't for all the ejaculating plants causing my head and lungs to malfunction...

« Reply #45 on: 09 July, 2013, 02:00:26 pm »
Don't worry.  It will be pouring down next week.  It will be a week of torrential rain, high winds, possibly a bit of snow and hail.  Some shall think it the beginning of the Second Coming.

I will be on holiday in the UK.

Looking good into next week here:  http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/li/weather.in.Oxford/   :thumbsup:

If the forecast is correct...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #46 on: 09 July, 2013, 02:05:38 pm »
I am never too hot.

Absofuckinglutely. Those who like cold miserable weather have approximately 51 weeks of the year to indulge themselves. So let those of us who like it hot enjoy our week in the sun. You can go back to miserable normality next week, as soon as Reg puts his sunnies on.

« Reply #47 on: 11 July, 2013, 03:55:17 pm »
It's definitely not right, thobut. My kids' sports day took place today and there was not a cloud in sight. This time last year both the scheduled day and the standby day a week later were both rained off.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #48 on: 11 July, 2013, 07:06:35 pm »
Saving it all up for LEL, innit...

« Reply #49 on: 13 July, 2013, 04:08:42 pm »
32C out, 25.5C in.  I'm laying some turf at the wrong time of year...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson