Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 144016 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #750 on: 06 April, 2022, 07:01:39 pm »
I haven't been following this thread and my story is probably not unusual. DPD email 'sorry we missed you' and taken my parcel to local Homebase for collection. That's not too bad because it's not far away and I can easily call in there when on other errands. I haven't been anywhere, I stayed in waiting for there van between 11.30-12.30.

« Reply #751 on: 06 April, 2022, 08:14:10 pm »
Mrs was talking to neighbours when DPD van stopped and asked for directions to Mr.G (It's a small village so not that difficult).
Neighbour says "I think you have a parcel for me as well".
"Yes, I do but as I'm  ahead of your scheduled delivery time, I can't deliver it." :facepalm:

« Reply #752 on: 07 April, 2022, 08:53:17 pm »
Went to collect my parcel this am and the staff in Homebase confirmed my observations were not unusual.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #753 on: 08 April, 2022, 09:14:56 am »
DPD yesterday, loud knocking, did not use bell which has 2 sounders and can be heard all over the house.
I go out of the back door (self-isolating for appointment), DPDroid approaches - "stop" - what? - approaching - "stop, I'm isolating" - approaches - "STOP" - stops about 4" away. Drops parcel, pic of it and my feet, FsO.

e-mail 'how did we do'. Book ring back, explain, driver will be re-educated (I didn't say where I was from or anything else, so might be some random driver or 0.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #754 on: 08 April, 2022, 04:54:31 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #755 on: 12 April, 2022, 06:37:47 am »
Mrs was talking to neighbours when DPD van stopped and asked for directions to Mr.G (It's a small village so not that difficult).
"Yes, I do but as I'm  ahead of your scheduled delivery time, I can't deliver it." :facepalm:

This isn't the actual delivery drivers fault. Their PDA won't let them scan it. Our DPD driver often has to wait in our goods inwards before he can scan. I think its partially to stop them racing between dropa

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #756 on: 12 April, 2022, 09:46:56 am »

This isn't the actual delivery drivers fault. Their PDA won't let them scan it. Our DPD driver often has to wait in our goods inwards before he can scan. I think its partially to stop them racing between dropa
Audax meets parcel delivery.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #757 on: 12 April, 2022, 03:25:06 pm »
Amazon driver who ignored me then turned and said oh not you again when I asked why he had thrown the parcel down in our lobby at work instead of bringing to goods inwards as I've told him repeatedly

Yes there is a BIG pile of parcels but they're for our courier to collect and a big sign on my door saying goods inwards

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #758 on: 15 April, 2022, 11:48:20 am »
O hai UPS!

Since Garmin's own tracking wossname has my item* departing Stanford le Hope at hours 05:39 this morning how is it that yours says it'll take another four days to cover those last twenty-six miles?  Especially as it did Southampton to Stanford le Hope in four fucking hours yesterday, the day before a Bank Holibob weekend?

sort it out u muppets!

kthxbai

* Emily the TwatNav v2.0
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #759 on: 18 April, 2022, 06:53:42 am »
Be on the lookout for Evri (a possible re-brand of Hermes).

Evri, the new Hermes

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #760 on: 18 April, 2022, 08:13:44 am »
Be on the lookout for Evri (a possible re-brand of Hermes).

Evri, the new Hermes

Keep up  https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=83743.msg2707548#msg2707548   - I've already had two issues with the new/renamed outfit - both involving blatant lying by drivers. 

« Reply #761 on: 18 April, 2022, 09:16:02 am »
Keep up  https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=83743.msg2707548#msg2707548   - I've already had two issues with the new/renamed outfit - both involving blatant lying by drivers.
I am not going to read every single message posted on any topic. :hand:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #762 on: 19 April, 2022, 09:08:53 am »
Hurrah!  My arj TwatNav is now “Out for delivery” as of ten to six this morning.  From Barking.  Seventeen of your Earth miles from Stanford-le-Hopeless.  I am starting to suspect Emily v2.0 spent Easter on the razz in Amsterdam or Prague and will be in no state to navigate me anywhere when she shows up :-\

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #763 on: 20 April, 2022, 11:43:29 am »
“Next day delivery” said Ebuyer, yesterday.

“Your parcel is at our national hub” said Yodel, at half past one this morning.

“Sorry we couldn't deliver to you today. Check back here for updates” said Yodel, just now.

Useless divvy divvos >:(

« Reply #764 on: 20 April, 2022, 06:19:40 pm »
DHL parcel has been delayed (no reason stated) will be delivered tommorow as against today. Dental appt tomorrow.  ::-)
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #765 on: 20 April, 2022, 07:54:04 pm »
Probably can’t get any diseasel for the van.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #766 on: 21 April, 2022, 10:02:02 am »
Opposite of most: ordered stuffs so 8 deliveries, earliest today. One arrived yesterday evening, drop-and-ring-and-run type fortunately as I was out from 10 am 'til 2 pm.
For a couple of deliveries I have to prove my age, Driver seeing 75 yo isn't good enough so bus pass it is.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #767 on: 21 April, 2022, 10:12:53 am »
Hurrah!  Mine is out for delivery with only 83 stops before arriving at Larrington Towers :thumbsup:

« Reply #768 on: 07 May, 2022, 08:52:08 pm »
We had a delivery via Evri the other day. Correct address, correct postcode. A name neither of us recognise.
So, MrsC goes onto the Evri website to try to sort out what we are supposed to do.
It would appear that this is a set of circumstances they have not allowed for.

The parcel is still sitting on the windowsill downstairs...
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #769 on: 08 May, 2022, 07:49:38 am »
We had a delivery via Evri the other day. Correct address, correct postcode. A name neither of us recognise.
So, MrsC goes onto the Evri website to try to sort out what we are supposed to do.
It would appear that this is a set of circumstances they have not allowed for.

The parcel is still sitting on the windowsill downstairs...

Is it one of those ebay or Amazon scam deliveries I've read about?  - not sure how it works . . .   [If it's not ticking I'd open it and see what's inside  ;D]

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #770 on: 14 May, 2022, 11:11:22 am »
DPD @21:25 last night: we delivers ur parcel on teh 16th inst.  Time TBA.

DPD @07:36 this morning: Nikita delivers ur parcel between 09:58 and 10:58 today.

Who’s up at that time on a Saturday?  Not this Unit, that’s who.  Being early can be as much of a PITA as being late, y'know.

Also, Nikita didn’t look anything like this:

on account of being a bloke.  He didn’t even have a gun.

« Reply #771 on: 19 May, 2022, 08:14:32 pm »
DHL. Again. Package posted in Australia last Thursday. Got to the UK and onto a van to be delivered on Monday morning (I paid the customs charge online on Friday) :thumbsup:

Monday, didn't get delivered for an unspecified reason (likely from previous experience to be that I'm towards the end of the courier run so they run out of time or inclination). Since then it's not left the depot. It's spent longer with my local depot than it took to get literally from the other side of the world.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #772 on: 23 May, 2022, 12:05:46 am »
Amazon.
Got a "Notification" one day last week, at 3:15pm. It told me that my "Parcel containing !"£$ book has been delivered".
I was at home, Sprogs was here too. Neither of us heard a door phone, a Doorbell, or a Door Knock! There was nothing in my doorway, or in the shared entrance. I checked with all my neighbours. I checked a house with the same number and postcode, a different street name, but only 50 yards away. Nothing anywhere!
Much keyboard tapping and was told to contact the seller, give them 48 hours to respond.
I did that, got an Auto-generated response, telling me they would sort it out. It's now FIVE DAYS since the claimed delivery of my "Amazon Prime" order, the "Next Day Delivery" thing.
I have not seen requested replacement, or a refund yet.
Shite is not a suitable word. At least shite can make gardens grow!
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #773 on: 24 May, 2022, 11:23:27 am »
I ordered a few things last week.

The Evri driver turned up.  The door bell rang, I opened the door and the driver handed me a parcel for a different address.  I realised it was too small for my order and I immediately complained. He took it back  then rummaged in the back of his car and found my order.

The worst was Amazon.  I followed the tracking and it was delivered to Bristol depot and I thought it would be delivered on Thursday. It was not dispatched. On Sunday the Amazon orders were saying if it is not delivered by the end of the day on Monday I could have my money back. I noticed that the tracking information had changed.  Identical to Thursday evening but this time for Monday times.  So I wait one more day.  The parcel is delivered. 

When my Amazon 'Prime' deliveries came from Swansea next day meant next day. Since the big Amazon depot opened west of Bristol to supply Cardiff and everywhere else West Amazon Prime next day has become Amazon random number of days.

« Reply #774 on: 24 May, 2022, 05:17:58 pm »
Today is DPD's turn to claim no one was in when they tried to deliver, despite there being two people home at the supposed delivery time. Perhaps they didn't bother using the buzzer. ::-)