Author Topic: DIY by GPS Perms in France  (Read 3405 times)

DIY by GPS Perms in France
« on: 26 July, 2011, 09:22:03 pm »
Do such things exist?
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Martin

Re: DIY by GPS Perms in France
« Reply #1 on: 26 July, 2011, 09:24:52 pm »
yes; they exist anywhere the gpx track can be validated using the official AUK app; but check with your DIY org first  :)

« Reply #2 on: 26 July, 2011, 09:29:16 pm »
Any idea which DIY org would be best suited Martin?

Martin

« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2011, 09:38:11 pm »
where do you live?; if in the SE it's me otherwise use this  :)

http://www.aukweb.net/_resources/files/diy/2011diy.jpg

« Reply #4 on: 26 July, 2011, 10:12:29 pm »
I thought that map referred to where the proposed ride went rather than where the rider lived. (i.e. if I planned a ride in the badlands of Cornwall I'd contact Ian H)

But if it means where the rider lives then poor old Rich F will have to deal with a track log of me getting lost in France...

Anyway eyethankewe

Martin

« Reply #5 on: 26 July, 2011, 10:28:08 pm »
it's a bit of a grey area; AIUI it can be either where you want to ride or where you live; but I don't want to tread on Rich's Manor or he'll send the boys round so best to deal with him  ;)

« Reply #6 on: 26 July, 2011, 10:34:05 pm »
Rich in a rage is to be regretted then? I'd rather ride rapid randonées round Rotherham than risk the wrath of an overwrought route rep...

Altogether now "ahhh..."

« Reply #7 on: 26 July, 2011, 11:13:35 pm »
...thritic.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #8 on: 27 July, 2011, 12:23:46 am »
But if it means where the rider lives then poor old Rich F will have to deal with a track log of me getting lost in France...

Will be no different to the tracks I get from people lost in this country  ;D
I have done some French ones for another rider so no problem, they are no different to how UK ones are entered.

Rich

« Reply #9 on: 25 January, 2012, 10:10:40 pm »
I'm glad I found this thread before asking the Daft Question  :hand:
I'm retiring in May and plan to spend quite a bit of time in France.

« Reply #10 on: 28 January, 2012, 12:21:57 pm »
I'm in a similar situation, spending some time in Brittany. I wanted to do some of the 200km Perms listed here: http://www.aukweb.net/perms/detail/LJ04/ , but could not get into contact with Linda Johnson. I tried several times be email. Next time I'll be there is in May this year. I have also completed the contact form on the aukweb site and offered help again no reaction from them. I'm quite a bit frustrated... If anyone knows how to get into contact of anyone taking care about this Perms?

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #11 on: 29 January, 2012, 11:01:41 am »
I have had DIYs in Brittany Normandy approved by Linda - when the route did not match her Perms all of which I think start from Roscoff and certainly by Sheila ( when she was my "controller") and also i think by Rich ( more recently).
I would suggest that you might try your current organiser to see whether they are happy to OK a French route using whatever standard minimum distance checker they would like you to use. I suspect that the fact that you may no longer be living in their patch is something that they are prepared to ignore in order to help you
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!