Author Topic: Volunteers/Helpers wanted - Borders and Flatlands 1000km 23-26 August 2024  (Read 235 times)

Some of you will be aware I'm organising this event in August.
See link www.audax.uk/event-details/10107-borders_and_flatlands_thousand, it’s currently full with a waiting list and I’m expecting about 100 riders to start.
There are a number of locations where riders will get some support and food as part of the event. Obviously this takes quite a bit of organising and needs volunteers. There’s nothing complicated to volunteering and it doesn’t take any special skills.
I’ve got some volunteers at some locations but I definitely need more at the following locations, particularly Bassingham and Great Dalby. If you, or any family, friends or fellow cyclists/club members are willing to help can you please ask them to get in touch with me.
Helping at events is normally an enjoyable, rewarding and entertaining experience. For anyone thinking of riding longer events at some point in the future it can also be very useful and you can learn a lot even though you aren’t riding. It’s usually very good fun, albeit possibly tiring.
As a thank you to any helpers I’m offering a free entry to one of my events up to and including 600km events in 2025. This will also include the C2C2C, it might be the only way some people will get an entry to this unless you’re very quick when it opens. The offer of a free entry can be for the helper or they can gift it to a nominated person eg a family member or friend.
I’m not paying expenses, that’s why this event is such good value for the entry fee given what’s being provided. It’s an Audax, it’s run on goodwill and volunteers for the benefit of all. If you’re not aware we run the events on a non-profit making basis and usually give any surplus at the end of the year to the Air Ambulance Charity.
Volunteers are currently required at the below controls
Clarencefield (near Annan) 3 Volunteers - on Friday 23 August provisionally between 5pm and 11:30pm but it could be earlier (although I expect the control to close well before then)
Great Dalby (near Melton Mowbray, Leics) – 3 Volunteers overnight on Saturday 24 August 8pm – 6am at Village Hall.
Bassingham, Lincolnshire – I need a total of about 15 volunteers for three shifts, Saturday Day/Evening, Saturday overnight and Sunday early morning until about 3pm. This control is used southbound and northbound so will obviously be very busy.
Milton (Brampton) – finish control – I need a total of about 10 helpers for 3 shifts Sunday Day time, Sunday overnight, Monday morning to close (about 3pm)
If you or someone you know anyone who may be able to help please get in touch by email, address on Calendar event page, organiser information or send me a message.
Many thanks
Andy

Happy to help if I can at Brampton. Email sent.

Happy to help if I can at Brampton. Email sent.
I don't seem to have had an email, I've sent you a direct message from the YACF system or if you can resend the message. Thanks, Andy