Author Topic: Fenix 5 notifications no longer auto-clear  (Read 425 times)

Fenix 5 notifications no longer auto-clear
« on: 10 April, 2024, 11:07:02 pm »
Maybe I'm going mad, but my Fenix 5 watch seems to have changed behaviour recently. Notifications such as "Move!" now just stay on screen indefinitely. I'm sure they used to clear themselves after a certain time. I severely limit notifications because they are such a nuisance (and, when riding, I don't really want to be taking my hand off the bars and my eyes off the road to clear them them). I'm quite happy for anything that does pop up to go away by itself after 30 seconds or so. Now I can't see part of the screen till I press something, which is a complete pain.

Is it just memory playing tricks, or has something changed, and can I change it back? I notice that Garmin have shut down the Fenix 5 support forum, though I suppose it might be worth trying in the Fenix 6 one.

ravenbait

• Someone's imaginary friend
  • No, RB3, you can't have more tupperware.
    • Someone's imaginary friend
Re: Fenix 5 notifications no longer auto-clear
« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2024, 09:47:26 am »
Garmin Forums suggest removing the Explore APP (whatever that is) if you're running it. Otherwise, no clue, but you are not alone. Could be related to the 5 being discontinued -- the forums are all archived.

Sam
https://ravenbait.com
"Created something? Hah! But that would be irresponsible! And unethical! I would never, ever make... more than one."

« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2024, 12:58:13 pm »
Thanks. I don't believe that I have Garmin Explore installed. But I'm interested that you've found others on the Garmin forums talking about this, as I didn't, so I'll have another look. If you've got any links, I'd be interested.

« Reply #4 on: 11 April, 2024, 09:05:03 pm »
Thanks. My Google-fu is normally good, but I missed that one. That rather obvious fix seems to have resolved it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: