Author Topic: Take a Seat  (Read 1361 times)

alan

Take a Seat
« on: 24 July, 2009, 06:37:13 pm »
ITV 4 : 8 p.m.

Dominic Gill cycles from Alaska to the tip of South America

Re: Take a Seat
« Reply #1 on: 24 July, 2009, 08:40:56 pm »
Damn, could have watched all of this but switched the TV off after TDF highlights. He's currently in the Atacama Desert looking at geysers (nice) and swigging olive oil out of a bottle (yuk).

Edit: now I see why it's called Take a Seat, he's on a tandem and getting others to join him on the back seat when they can. Like members of 'Los Cyclistas Furiosos' cycling club in Chile, now that is a cool name for a cycling club!

« Reply #2 on: 24 July, 2009, 09:19:16 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up, alan - that was top viewing.  Dom was an engaging character, and I enjoyed the fact that it was compressed down so much, so you could see how much his appearance changed across the two+ years.

It's given me seriously itchy feet, though.

*glances across at touring bike and Carradice luggage*

*twitches*

« Reply #3 on: 27 July, 2009, 06:12:44 pm »
I missed the start of this but what I saw was good.  Wasn't he advertising for stokers for this trip on the C+ site a few years ago ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Flying_Monkey

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2009, 10:29:29 am »
advertising for stokers

Oh yeah, I'm certainly not falling for that old line again...  ;)

« Reply #5 on: 28 July, 2009, 08:57:51 pm »
advertising for stokers

Oh yeah, I'm certainly not falling for that old line again...  ;)

He managed to get several very photogenic young ladies (and men) to spin his cranks.....   perhaps I should give it a try..... :P     You could pop across to the west coast for the section through BC?

Checks price of 2nd hand tandems and tickets to Alaska*.........

* Employer is currently offering a years sabbatical on 1/4 pay...... but I'd be straight into the 'Transition Centre" when I got back.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #6 on: 18 June, 2011, 05:33:37 pm »
The bike is in the very excellent Mountainfeet in Oldham.

Ernie (rest in peace) didn't make it on the Coast to Coast they'd planned but he did manage to ride with a whole bunch of other folk who wouldn't otherwise have been able to ride a bike, apparently.