Author Topic: iPhone apps  (Read 23822 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: iPhone apps
« Reply #125 on: 12 April, 2012, 01:48:16 pm »
Pony Unicorn Astronoaut

Now you command a mighty Pony Unicorn that braves the space only with his magical powers and his Astronaut Helmet with WiFi antenna. You won't something crazy like this on App Store!

Unmissable.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #126 on: 02 May, 2013, 04:45:39 pm »
FStream is useful because unlike most of the internet radio apps available this allows you to get BBC radio. See BBC Radio iPhone Streams for details.

Thank you!
Thread necromancy time.
Does anyone know if there's a version of this app for ios 6.1.3?
Or another app which'll let me stream BBC6 music?

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #127 on: 02 May, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »
Tunein radio is my app of choice for such things.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #128 on: 02 May, 2013, 05:01:43 pm »
There is an official BBC Iplayer app that lets you stream radio.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #129 on: 02 May, 2013, 05:15:43 pm »
I also use Tunein Radio. I find it often works better than the official BBC iPlayer app, which occasionally hangs (probably due to my crap internet connection at home - Tunein gives you a choice of streaming quality and I usually choose the lowest quality available).
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #130 on: 02 May, 2013, 05:16:54 pm »
Coming up to 4 years of iPhone ownership and I still haven't bought a single app. All installed apps have been the free ones.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #131 on: 02 May, 2013, 05:30:44 pm »
At a guess, I've probably spent something like £100 on apps over a similar period. It's far too easy to do at 69p a time - though I've paid considerably more than that for some apps, if I thought they were really worth it.

£25 a year isn't too much of a hardship. It's a tiny sum compared to what I spend on the contract.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #132 on: 02 May, 2013, 08:41:05 pm »
Don't ever download doodlejump, no, just don't  :demon:
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

« Reply #133 on: 02 May, 2013, 10:29:34 pm »
Coming up to 4 years of iPhone ownership and I still haven't bought a single app. All installed apps have been the free ones.

I look to you as my role model. ;)

« Reply #134 on: 03 May, 2013, 09:43:54 am »
If you need to read a lot of PDFs then PDF Expert is very good (paid app) but I recommend an iPad not an iPhone.

AmpLitube is a brilliant if you have an electric guitar. It emulates loads of amps, cabinets and stomp boxes plus you can get an 8 track recorder. There is a free version with a single amp and the a paid for version with more. Loads of tempting in app purchases though so be warned (such as a licensed Fender pack with a Supersonic, Blues Junior etc). You need an iPad or iPhone to guitar interface (I use an iRig stomp).

I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #135 on: 24 February, 2020, 04:00:49 pm »
Otter is excellent for speech-to-text transcription - amazing if, like me, you're the kind of person who'd like to use a dictaphone but can't be arsed to listen back through your recordings.
Google Translate really comes into its own when you point the camera at text...
Garmin Connect and Strava, obviously.
Tesco Clubcard because you need it to get Clubcard Plus benefits (yes, I've sold my soul to the Church of Tesco).
Night Sky is a neat stargazing app.

« Reply #136 on: 25 February, 2020, 12:04:46 pm »
also Tiny Scanner...