Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2971869 times)

Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Reply #18800 on: 24 April, 2015, 07:39:54 am »
It's not worth the hassle. I've already lost money and a wind up petition would cost even more money and time.

Karma, it will come back to bite him on the arse eventually ;)
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #18801 on: 24 April, 2015, 12:34:11 pm »
Dear customer

Your bike is ready. It was ready when I said it would be - about 8 weeks ago. The price has not varied since you dropped it off - minus the front disc pads and with a leaking caliper - saying it doesn't stop very well. 'The extra tenner' is what you owe me from 12 MONTHS AGO. I have a very good memory, especially where you are concerned.

Your OTHER bike is not ready. It's in the cellar, where it has been since last July. No the repair cost has not changed but I haven't put a wheel on it yet and, NO, you cant just replace the bearings when there is no bearing surface in the hub. You can't make a non-standard disc fit an ISO wheel either.

I have no way to contact you as every time you leave your mobile number it's the wrong one. You have my card & mobile yet you can't send me a text so I can get the correct number.

Flouncing out of the shop with 'Oh I thought they'd be done by now!' wins you no friends.

The bill just went up considerably or next time you come back I'll be giving you two broken bikes that I don't want to repair.

Ignorant fuck. Die in a fire.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #18802 on: 24 April, 2015, 04:41:16 pm »
Keep smiling as you relieve him of his wonga , it's the only way you can keep dealing with the feckers:thumbsup:

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #18803 on: 25 April, 2015, 12:51:54 pm »
Damned Endura Coolmax socks.  Not the socks themselves but the damned packaging, so complex that by the time I had just 3 pairs of socks in my hands I had removed about a foot of cunningly-wrapped cardboard, six wee aluminium staples and one of those plastic push-through ties with a T at each end, which was inserted so tightly that removing it pulled threads on two of the socks.  Bloody idiots.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #18804 on: 26 April, 2015, 09:40:03 am »
I would be absolutely fuming also. Its stealing at the end of the day.
It's stealing. Small Claims

TBH, your alarm bells should have been ringing when he asked to split the bill and cited VAT as the reason.
There is no good reason for a company not to want to get billed for *more* VAT in a period, it has no detrimental effect on a VAT registered company. He was scamming you from the start.

It sounds like he's asked to be invoiced, but with the payment terms split - ie billed for all the VAT in the first period. If so, he'll have already reclaimed the VAT that he hasn't paid yet.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

essexian

« Reply #18805 on: 27 April, 2015, 11:51:28 am »
People of Macclesfield…. Good Morning….hope you are well.

Actually, delete that. I know you aren’t well as the half a dozen of you who got onto “my” train heading to Manchester at 9.11am this morning certainly were not!

If I hear another cough, or sneeze, or sniff from a person on a train for the next 12.4 years then I won’t be getting the tissues out…. No, I will invest in a folding shovel of doom so I can remove some of you from the gene pool. I am fed up of catching illnesses from public transport.

It’s about time that travelling when ill with a cold or the flu was made punishable by having to travel on the roof of the train…. A little harsh perhaps given there are a few tunnels just north of Macclesfield.... but totally justified.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #18806 on: 01 May, 2015, 11:36:44 pm »
One of my Twitter contacts has just lost her father.
Her request for her child's school absence to attend the funeral was not approved.

What kind of education is that?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #18807 on: 01 May, 2015, 11:37:44 pm »
An education in the importance of league tables.

(Presumably they can go anyway, it will be recorded as an unauthorised absence, and all will be well.)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #18808 on: 01 May, 2015, 11:45:41 pm »
They went and it was recorded as unauthorised but
I AM FUMING!

Bereavement is stressful enough without stupid hassles like this.

Surely education is also about respect, compassion, sadness and growing up?

I am lucky enough to have both parents and to have been pretty well middle-aged before losing grandparents so actually have little personal experience of these things but...

« Reply #18809 on: 02 May, 2015, 11:52:40 am »
Bit worrying that we have prats like that administering our education system.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #18810 on: 02 May, 2015, 12:15:18 pm »
That is quite astoundingly callous in its overzealous jobsworthiness. I'm sure funerals are actually one of the things Teh Roolz allow absence to be authorised for.

Also on education (this wasn't going to be a rant, I'm just putting it here) my son's got SATs in a couple of weeks. I can't see what these things do. They don't decide anything for the children, unlike ye olde selectivee elevenne plusse. They become the overwhelming focus of education for the last two years of primary, so they don't seem to do anything apart from maths and 'literacy', and despite their personal irrelevance, kids gets stressed. There are far funner ways to learn about league tables (Bristol City already promoted before the season ends, Man Utd struggling to stay in top four. Wiggins on 999 points. Or something.)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #18811 on: 02 May, 2015, 12:15:54 pm »
Fucks sake, we've just had the second election leaflet through the door in five minutes!

« Reply #18812 on: 02 May, 2015, 01:41:30 pm »
Her request for her child's school absence to attend the funeral was not approved.

How callous.
I lost my grandmother recently. Both schools gave prompt authorisation for absence, and indeed I never imagined that it was more than a formality to notify rather than a "request" in the real sense of the word.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #18813 on: 02 May, 2015, 01:52:26 pm »

How callous.
I lost my grandmother recently. Both schools gave prompt authorisation for absence, and indeed I never imagined that it was more than a formality to notify rather than a "request" in the real sense of the word.

That is what I would have expected.
I am appalled that my contact has had the hassle of bureaucratic disapproval in the midst of her grief.

It just seems SO WRONG to me on every level.

I am not a parent.
I am not an educationist.
I am not religious.

Maybe I am not qualified to have an opinion on this matter.
Maybe I am.

I am human.
It stinks!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #18814 on: 02 May, 2015, 01:54:30 pm »
^ This.

« Reply #18815 on: 02 May, 2015, 05:18:45 pm »

How callous.

That is what I would have expected.
I am appalled that my contact has had the hassle of bureaucratic disapproval in the midst of her grief.

It just seems SO WRONG to me on every level.

It stinks!
+1
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #18816 on: 02 May, 2015, 06:01:02 pm »
Also on education (this wasn't going to be a rant, I'm just putting it here) my son's got SATs in a couple of weeks. I can't see what these things do. They don't decide anything for the children, unlike ye olde selectivee elevenne plusse.
but guess what - I learnt from younger guy this week (he's currently in year 10) that they used sats results to decide who goes in which group for geography! (for the uninitiated sats are done in year 6)
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #18817 on: 02 May, 2015, 06:13:21 pm »
Indeed, it was a pretty large part in the streaming for year 7 for Miss Dan the Elder.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #18818 on: 02 May, 2015, 06:32:58 pm »
Well, he's clever anyway, he has his mum's brains and my good looks.*

And Helly's friend's situation still stinks.

*Half of that might be a lie.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #18819 on: 02 May, 2015, 06:43:11 pm »
And we've now had three election leaflets in one day - two from the same party. At least they didn't try to disguise this one as a letter.

« Reply #18820 on: 02 May, 2015, 07:23:18 pm »
And we've now had three election leaflets in one day - two from the same party. At least they didn't try to disguise this one as a letter.
I have had my hands on exactly 2,387* election leaflets over the last few weeks, luckily no BNP this time, so I am very pleased the fiasco is drawing to a close. The only party manifesto I read was the Monster Raving Loony Party. Their proposal to introduce a 99p coin to use in 99p Shops would get my vote were I in that constituency.

* For which I receive 5p each.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #18821 on: 02 May, 2015, 07:25:50 pm »
Your colleagues are innocent this time, AWL. Hand delivered stuff. I'm sure the same guy came round twice - first with a Green Party leaflet, then later Labour. I can only assume he's undercutting you!

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #18822 on: 02 May, 2015, 07:39:02 pm »
The worst of it is that they're far shinier and harder than Izal so you can't even put them to good use. :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #18823 on: 03 May, 2015, 08:07:51 am »
I've delivered addressed and unaddressed leaflets, so your bloke could be a postie doing it in addition to his normal walk.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #18824 on: 03 May, 2015, 11:58:35 am »
My postie brought me a UKIP leaflet despite a sticker on my letterbox imploring him not to.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.