Author Topic: Boardman's top ten things  (Read 4101 times)

Re: Boardman's top ten things
« Reply #25 on: 14 June, 2020, 03:46:07 am »
If we were serious for a moment, what would be your top ten things to keep cyclists safer ?
It's fairly well known that the number of cyclists itself seems to have the biggest effect - the more bikes, the safer it is for each individual rider. So anything that successfully promotes cycling.

But then some of things I mentioned before.

« Reply #26 on: 14 June, 2020, 09:57:40 am »
Presumed liability in UK law.

This would not only help cycling, it would also preclude the need for special legislation covering cyclist/pedestrian accidents.

« Reply #27 on: 14 June, 2020, 12:14:03 pm »

« Reply #28 on: 14 June, 2020, 02:16:51 pm »
^^  Neat. Thank you.
Rust never sleeps

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #29 on: 14 June, 2020, 04:21:00 pm »
Presumed liability in UK law.

This would not only help cycling, it would also preclude the need for special legislation covering cyclist/pedestrian accidents.
Amen brother!

(This is the one I find most frustrating - I think every other euro country has it (plus lots of others), and the cost to HMGov would be tiny. Just what is not to like?? <sigh> )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #30 on: 14 June, 2020, 04:26:43 pm »
If we were serious for a moment, what would be your top ten things to keep cyclists safer ?
It's fairly well known that the number of cyclists itself seems to have the biggest effect - the more bikes, the safer it is for each individual rider. So anything that successfully promotes cycling.

But then some of things I mentioned before.
FWIW, I'm still noticing more wide and fewer close passes even now the traffic is back to ~90% of pre-covid levels, and I'm sure this is the main reason.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.