Author Topic: Jade Goody -The ultimate realty TV show?  (Read 11288 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Jade Goody -The ultimate realty TV show?
« Reply #25 on: 15 February, 2009, 08:54:36 pm »
The impression I have is that it is for real.

Perhaps her disease has now progressed to the point where drugs still under trial are being considered.

That is also my understanding.
With my medical hat on, hearing she has growths in her liver and two other sites, spells out H-O-P-E-L-E-S-S to me  :(.

She is clutching at straws, understandably, poor lass.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #26 on: 15 February, 2009, 10:05:29 pm »
What I've seen of the reports have said that they started her on a new drug, but following her recent surgery she's been told she has about 8 weeks to live.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #27 on: 15 February, 2009, 11:24:12 pm »
Her children and partner aren't going to get any privacy anyway; the press are all over her like a rash.  Given that she doesn't get much of a choice about her illness and likely death being transmitted to the ever-hungry mob, she may as well (a) control how it's done and (b) profit from it.  Hell, I would. 

Excellent post - I am amazed at how people are prepared to criticise others for the way they choose to die, and what they do while they are doing it. Do we really have that right?

Good luck to her - although as luck seems to have run off cackling over the horizon - good on her for getting all the money she can for her kids.

« Reply #28 on: 16 February, 2009, 12:48:16 am »
Thing is, I can't see her dying with any dignity or calm. I can just imagine her crying and wailing and if I were her kids, that's not the sort of record I would want of my mother.
In privacy, it's quite another thing, but this is a freak show.

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #29 on: 16 February, 2009, 09:44:58 am »
Nothing wrong with a good freak show.  C'mon, admit it, your prurient interest is piqued by The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off or Baby Faced Bodybuilders or Wife Swap.  As long as the freaks are consenting...

Growths in the liver mean that her cancer is, to use the most unfortunate phrase I've ever coined, "gallopingly metastatic".  Not long for this earth.  May as well get the exclusive rights so that the sprogs have plenty of cash, and pop your clogs as best befits your wishes.
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

« Reply #30 on: 16 February, 2009, 09:52:41 am »
I don't know why it reminds of the 'Restaurant at the End of the Universe'.. :-\

My sister-in-law is very ill with cancer.  Last thing she would want is such/any publicity.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #31 on: 16 February, 2009, 09:55:19 am »
As has been said previously, all she is doing is making sure that there are a few pounds for her children later in life. There’s nothing wrong with that, its made her a lot of money untill now. It’s amazing how many people queue up to knock a person who has come from nothing and made some money.
I seem to recall a programme about the newspaper photographers a few years ago, and most of them said unlike many other so called 'stars' she always let them have a photo and was a really down to earth person. 

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #32 on: 16 February, 2009, 12:00:30 pm »
I agree with Domestique (great user name btw) - there is something to be said for 'raging against the dying of the light' . Some people choose to die in the most dignified way (if possible) and thats how they would want it. Jade wants to get as much money as she can set those kids up for life by saying 'f*ck you mortality, I'm not going out without a public fight' then bloody good for her I'd say. I don't like the girl, but I commend her behaviour.

« Reply #33 on: 16 February, 2009, 12:22:10 pm »
I don't like the girl, but I commend her behaviour.
Snap.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Rob S

« Reply #34 on: 16 February, 2009, 12:23:39 pm »
As has been said previously, all she is doing is making sure that there are a few pounds for her children later in life. There’s nothing wrong with that, its made her a lot of money untill now.

What's she done with it all? Obviuosly she will have not much use for the money herself but I do wonder just how low she will go in the name of 'getting a few pounds for her children'. Perhaps her intended will have to work for a living like everybody else. Instead we'll have the engagement photos shoot, the wedding shoot, the probaby one month left shoot, the Jade and Shilpa kiss and make-up shoot, the possible final shoot, the funeral shoot, the definite final shoot, the 'how everyone is coping with her loss shoot', the 'how everyone is coping with her loss a year on shoot'. :sick:

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #35 on: 22 February, 2009, 09:49:17 am »
Why should Jade Goody go quietly? - Times Online

This is a beautifully expressed article and pretty much elaborates my viewpoint that Jade should not go gentle into that good night. Like I said before, I don't particularly like the girl but I hope she has a lovely wedding day.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #36 on: 22 February, 2009, 01:49:03 pm »
There is another good article in the Telegraph. It delve more deeply intoher background and is very moving.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/4742628/Through-her-dignity-in-dying-Jade-Goody-shows-us-all-how-to-live.html
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #37 on: 22 February, 2009, 02:05:24 pm »
Max Clifford is really doing a sterling job for her :thumbsup: (He is also Chris Hoys agent!)

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #38 on: 22 February, 2009, 08:16:50 pm »
Was everyone staying in to watch her wedding on the news today?  I thought the roads were very quiet today, almost like Princess Di's funeral.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #39 on: 22 February, 2009, 08:25:45 pm »
Funny way to make a living though.  Most people work a whole lifetime to earn what she's made in one day by allowing someone to take her weddings pics.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #40 on: 22 February, 2009, 11:38:19 pm »
Why should Jade Goody go quietly? - Times Online

This is a beautifully expressed article and pretty much elaborates my viewpoint that Jade should not go gentle into that good night. Like I said before, I don't particularly like the girl but I hope she has a lovely wedding day.

Good post, and thanks for the link.

« Reply #41 on: 23 February, 2009, 12:23:43 am »
I'd never even heard the name Jade Goody till this splodged across the media - now I learn that she had no accountable Dad, worked as a dental nurse and became famous by showing obtuseness and racist tendencies on BB. 

No doubt there are countless other similar cancer sufferers lurking in obscurity who are sadly denying us all the chance to work out our very human cathartic responses to such a plight - seeing as nobody goes to the theatre, reads decent novels etc etc any more, rather just centre their world around Big Brother and The Sun.

LinzWakeley

« Reply #42 on: 23 February, 2009, 07:19:19 am »
I'd never even heard the name Jade Goody till this splodged across the media - now I learn that she had no accountable Dad, worked as a dental nurse and became famous by showing obtuseness and racist tendencies on BB. 

No doubt there are countless other similar cancer sufferers lurking in obscurity who are sadly denying us all the chance to work out our very human cathartic responses to such a plight - seeing as nobody goes to the theatre, reads decent novels etc etc any more, rather just centre their world around Big Brother and The Sun.

:-\  That's a bit judgemental.  Lots of 'so called celebraties' sell their weddings to 'Hello'.  So what, she has decided to do the same.  If you don't want to read about it, don't buy it. Simple as.  She is using the only way she knows to make money to ensure she provides for the family she leaves behind.  Isn't that something most of us would do?  But I guess you know have me pegged as an illerate, Big Brother obsessed, Sun Reader!

LEE

« Reply #43 on: 23 February, 2009, 08:51:35 am »
I assume she's doing this to provide for her kids.  If that's the motive then it's almost impossible to stoop too low.

Good for her.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: 23 February, 2009, 09:06:01 am »
There's a touch of the Hummers about some of the proceedings, I feel...

Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #45 on: 23 February, 2009, 10:26:38 pm »

:-\  That's a bit judgemental.  Lots of 'so called celebraties' sell their weddings to 'Hello'.  So what, she has decided to do the same.  If you don't want to read about it, don't buy it. Simple as.  She is using the only way she knows to make money to ensure she provides for the family she leaves behind.  Isn't that something most of us would do?  But I guess you know have me pegged as an illerate, Big Brother obsessed, Sun Reader!

I don't blame her at all for doing it - the poor woman's got cancer after all - but there must be many others dying in obscurity who aren't able to rake it in like she is, who might well be a bit bitter.  It's really the BB-viewing public who I think could do a lot better for themselves - you can bet your bottom dollar I don't fund any 'so called celebraties' and their lifestyles!  Imagine if the money paid to footballers were reallocated to social welfare projects - because the public preferred to support these rather than their football team.

« Reply #46 on: 23 February, 2009, 10:34:17 pm »

On a complete tangent, can anyone explain the tattoos on the right arm of the bloke on the left? The three blue stencilled stars in increasing size. I see so many people sporting this design on their arms, hands, neck or feet, and they are people from all ends of the social spectrum: students, engineers, ex-convicts, LBS-workers, etc. Do they symbolise something, like support for some fupbal club? I can't believe that about 5% of the tattooed population just all simultaneously decided that it looked pretty, so where does the design come from?
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #47 on: 24 February, 2009, 10:54:11 am »
The nasty part of me wants to compare the new Mrs. Tweed with Jane Tomlinson...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #48 on: 24 February, 2009, 02:10:43 pm »
[On a complete tangent, can anyone explain the tattoos on the right arm of the bloke on the left? The three blue stencilled stars in increasing size. I see so many people sporting this design on their arms, hands, neck or feet, and they are people from all ends of the social spectrum: students, engineers, ex-convicts, LBS-workers, etc. Do they symbolise something, like support for some fupbal club? I can't believe that about 5% of the tattooed population just all simultaneously decided that it looked pretty, so where does the design come from?

Stars have been fashionable for a while now. I don't think people realise that tattoos which are fashionable will eventually become unfashionable.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #49 on: 24 February, 2009, 03:59:07 pm »
The nasty part of me wants to compare the new Mrs. Tweed with Jane Tomlinson...

In what respect Mr Larrington? I suppose they have both run the London marathon.

I always remember a bit of TV gold when they were interviewing Jade and Gordon Ramsey before the London Marathon. Jade said that she had ran about 12 miles on the old treadmill as preparation. Suddenly Gordon Ramsey looks at Jade and says 'you're wearing tennis shoes' and Jade says 'yes, what of it' as Gordon Ramsey starts to distance himself away from her!