Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Knowledge / Re: Straighten a bent derailleur cage
« Last post by Frank9755 on Today at 06:04:30 am »
Interesting.  It seems possble that I've got the wheels the wrong way round.  However, the problem was there before I put the new wheels on.  It could have been that the old lower wheel being worn caused the original issue.

I'll investigate.

I've had a look at it and I had the right wheel at the bottom, but it was the wrong way round.  I've reversed it and it looks like it has fixed the problem.  I'll know for sure when I've done a ride on Sunday.
Health & Fitness / Re: Poo sticks
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 03:13:10 am »
What they said.
Audax / Re: Random audax questions
« Last post by D.A.L.E. on Today at 02:15:26 am »
I enjoyed the northern section of the 400 from Nanaimo. Fairly quiet roads with lots of trees and some big lakes. Seeing a firebomber flying boat picking up water beside me a couple of times and almost running over a young bear probably coloured my memories. I admit that the southern section was not quite so pretty.

There's some lovely pockets of riding, but in terms of long distance, these are linked up with long stretches of (often busy because there is no other road) highway. Not my idea of fun.

Sorry to hear that.  My miniscule experience was that it got rather good if only you traveled two or three dozen miles up north.  Not that that helps those of us who don't drive of course.

Probably. If I was staying here longer term I'd want to drive 100%.

This was a 400 BC Randonneurs put on recently - https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36798706 400km of the Sea to Sky highway. You couldn't pay me to do it.
I can't help you specifically with the B'twin childrens bikes, but I bought a B'twin 3 Road bike in 2013, having ridden several 1000Km on it and still use it on a regular basis as my commute bike. My experience of Decathlon generally is that they sell good quality products and affordable prices.
Audax / Re: Hamburg-Berlin-Cologne 2022
« Last post by FifeingEejit on Today at 12:51:14 am »
Hastily prepared sauerkraut?

Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

The Pub / Re: What's in your bedside table?
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:43:25 am »
Mine – left behind by Miss von Brandenburg – has drawers.  Dunno what's in them except for a watch I haven’t worn in years and a small velvet-lined box intricately wrought by the Natives of the East* with a pair of silver cuff links in which I also ent worn in years.

On top of it is a yellow rubbery alarm clock from the Happy Swedish Halls Of Joy and a copy of “Climax In Coventry**” by Walter Hassan.

* a present from Professor Larrington from her time living in Japan.
** not a grumble publication, Roger.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Today at 12:36:28 am »
Electrical Kittens ~ BRITISH Sea Power
« Last post by LittleWheelsandBig on Today at 12:14:13 am »
I enjoyed the northern section of the 400 from Nanaimo. Fairly quiet roads with lots of trees and some big lakes. Seeing a firebomber flying boat picking up water beside me a couple of times and almost running over a young bear probably coloured my memories. I admit that the southern section was not quite so pretty.
« Last post by Karla on Today at 12:12:18 am »
Say hello to Steven and Carol Hinde for me. I enjoyed staying at their place (and borrowing one of his bikes) for a Vancouver Island 400 a few years ago. A lovely part of the world to ride.
You've done a lot more audaxing around the globe than I have, so that last sentence scares me. I've haaaated it here* in terms of bike riding.

(* here being the lower mainland and Vancouver Island. Not sure what it's like in the interior.)

Sorry to hear that.  My miniscule experience was that it got rather good if only you traveled two or three dozen miles up north.  Not that that helps those of us who don't drive of course.
Racing / Re: Women's LEJOG record attempt
« Last post by Ian H on Yesterday at 11:26:16 pm »
From the RRA: "Christina has finished with a provisional new record time of 2d 3h 5m 27s."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10