Author Topic: Neoprene wellies  (Read 798 times)

Neoprene wellies
« on: 10 July, 2022, 09:08:40 pm »
Just a note to say that Aldi have neoprene wellies on sale for £19.99 atm. Bargain.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Neoprene wellies
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2022, 10:36:08 am »
Funny fing with Aldi: Yesterday I ordered an impact driver on Amazon and I've been looking at motorized hoists on line. Our local Aldi today have el cheapo impact drivers & electric hoists. Spooky.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2 on: 11 July, 2022, 11:01:54 am »
I bought some of these when they had them in stock a couple of years ago. Not bad at all, especially at that price, but the join between the rubber bottom part and the neoprene section has deteriorated quite quickly (due to flexing) and now leaks.

Fortunately, this is only a problem if I step into *very* deep puddles - and not too many of those around right now.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

ian

« Reply #3 on: 11 July, 2022, 11:36:14 am »
Mine didn't come out of their encounter with a cunningly disguised calf-height barbed wire fence too well (generally, I'm of a view that anyone who uses barbed wire deserves to have it noosed around their nuts and yanked hard). Slapped loads of neoprene glue on the holes, but eventually the joins between rubber and neoprene start to go, even on the expensive ones (and the seal at the back, not sure why the entire bottom isn't just sealed rubber). They're comfy though, I spent the winter stomping through ~ 25km hikes in them.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #4 on: 11 July, 2022, 01:00:01 pm »
25 km?  That’s not a “hike”; that’s deportation!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5 on: 11 July, 2022, 04:16:48 pm »
eventually the joins between rubber and neoprene start to go, even on the expensive ones

Interesting. I assumed the more expensive ones would be better designed to cope with this. More fool me!

They're comfy though, I spent the winter stomping through ~ 25km hikes in them.

I've not done anything like that distance in mine, but we did a few long walks last winter (10-15km) and they were certainly comfy enough for that kind of distance - and very warm.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."