Author Topic: Quiet route into Oxford from West.  (Read 11203 times)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Quiet route into Oxford from West.
« Reply #25 on: 16 May, 2021, 09:59:40 am »
I've always gone Cumnor, Cumnor Hill (past Cumnor Rise Road  :D) then Botley.  No problem but it's generally been about 9am at a weekend.

Out or curiosity I came home via Cumnor Rise Road; it’s not as bad as Hurst Rise Road (which runs parallel) as I could get up it on my singlespeed.

PaulF

« Reply #26 on: 29 November, 2021, 06:26:53 pm »
Thankyou everybody

Where are you starting from? If you come via Witney I’d come down the A415 and then turn left just before Kingston Bagpuss and come in via Appleton

Starting from Stroud, coming through Lechlade, then picking up lanes through Clanfield and Bampton. We headed NE after Stanton Harcourt...so I guess we could head SE from there to avoid that hell route.

Anyway, whole purpose is to ride our fixies to Dosa Junction near the station, have a biryani then ride back.

The good news is that there’s a new Dosa Park opening at West Way so just hit the brakes at the speed camera after you’ve broken the land speed record down Cumnor Hill.

« Reply #27 on: 29 November, 2021, 06:32:43 pm »
They do a great thali  :thumbsup:

PaulF

« Reply #28 on: 29 November, 2021, 06:50:33 pm »
They do a great thali  :thumbsup:

Keep meaning to try them. I don’t have an excuse with their current location so when they are a mile away…

PaulF

« Reply #29 on: 05 March, 2023, 11:51:58 am »
Thankyou everybody

Where are you starting from? If you come via Witney I’d come down the A415 and then turn left just before Kingston Bagpuss and come in via Appleton

Starting from Stroud, coming through Lechlade, then picking up lanes through Clanfield and Bampton. We headed NE after Stanton Harcourt...so I guess we could head SE from there to avoid that hell route.

Anyway, whole purpose is to ride our fixies to Dosa Junction near the station, have a biryani then ride back.

The good news is that there’s a new Dosa Park opening at West Way so just hit the brakes at the speed camera after you’ve broken the land speed record down Cumnor Hill.

It opened last week