Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 212345 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #150 on: 01 April, 2015, 08:34:19 am »
For those interested, this may compile into an indicator of what my pet is doing at any particular moment.

#include stdcatbed.io
{
char CatThings[]={ "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "Waiting for food", "Eating", "Evacuating", "Deigning to be stroked",  "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping"}

printf( "Right now my cat is %CatThings[ rand()]" )
}

ian

« Reply #151 on: 01 April, 2015, 11:02:10 am »
Bad Cat likes to roll around in the (empty) bath in the Epic Battle with that Fiendish Tail. She's been battling that tail all her life and it still gets the better of her. I like it when she walks along, twitches her head back to notice her tail and then pretends she hasn't, so she can pounce on it unsuspected a few seconds later.

Little Monster Cat is currently sitting on my notepad, which isn't helping as I'm trying to write a report based on what's written on it. It's time for her mortal enemy to make an appearance: the Laser Pointer.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #152 on: 01 April, 2015, 10:03:15 pm »
Pumpkin and Ninkasi are unknowingly enjoying their last night with all their reproductive giblets intact. Bet it's quiet tomorrow night....
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #153 on: 02 April, 2015, 12:17:18 pm »
For those interested, this may compile into an indicator of what my pet is doing at any particular moment.

#include stdcatbed.io
{
char CatThings[]={ "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "Waiting for food", "Eating", "Evacuating", "Deigning to be stroked",  "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping", "sleeping"}

}

https://hedwig.davelodwig.co.uk/cat/ if you like

Ignore the certificate it's my test server and I've not yet got a proper certificate.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #154 on: 02 April, 2015, 07:55:34 pm »
Pumpkin and Ninkasi are unknowingly enjoying their last night with all their reproductive giblets intact. Bet it's quiet tomorrow night....

2 cones of shame. Not much sign of them doing as they're told and resting quietly. Ninkasi keeps getting her lampshade stuck on the floor, and Pumpkin smashed my bedside lamp almost as soon as she got home.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #155 on: 03 April, 2015, 11:14:49 am »
Morphy has just had an essential operation. This was carried out by Dez and involved hacking loads of felted fur from behind Morphy's front legs. Dez sat on floor with legs outstretched, Morphy lay on his back between Dez's legs, and hacking commenced. Morphy didn't complain a great deal - just the occasional mumble - and he has since been rewarded with a suitable quantity of liver cake.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #156 on: 03 April, 2015, 04:00:54 pm »
Barry and Isabella the Adolescent Cats have just conquered the cat flap. It's a right of passage.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #157 on: 04 April, 2015, 08:01:07 pm »
Flynn, my cockatiel is busy pondering on whether he was named after Kevin Flynn of TRON fame, or Erol Flynn of Robin Hood fame!
Guess I should see if he is a dab claw at using a wee cockatiel sized bow and arrow, or a wee cockatiel sized TRON light cycle  ;D

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #158 on: 04 April, 2015, 08:11:35 pm »
Here is a hint
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #159 on: 04 April, 2015, 08:13:55 pm »
And...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #160 on: 04 April, 2015, 09:28:01 pm »
Not Barbara Flynn then?

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #161 on: 04 April, 2015, 11:04:33 pm »
Being very bemused and not sure about our new foster dog from Romania. Who just arrived smelling very dirty, kennely and pooey. Pictures to come when there is day light.

« Reply #162 on: 05 April, 2015, 12:32:05 pm »
Being whippets both are asleep on their backs with legs in every direction. It's a whippety life for some!

PH
Bees do nothing invariably.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #163 on: 05 April, 2015, 12:39:13 pm »
Whippets have so many legs, don't they!  The most adorable of dogs.
Milk please, no sugar.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #164 on: 05 April, 2015, 12:46:44 pm »
Being very bemused and not sure about our new foster dog from Romania. Who just arrived smelling very dirty, kennely and pooey. Pictures to come when there is day light.
Here we go

ian

« Reply #165 on: 07 April, 2015, 11:13:11 am »
Probably destroying something. To prevent Bad Cat from pulling up the stair carpet (her latest thing), we made an avenue of stuffed toys (she's scared of stuffed animals). Thwarted! Except we came back yesterday evening to find little scraps of black paper around the living room. Couldn't think what it could be, but it was noticeable around the TV. Occurred to me later that's she's been eviscerating the subwoofer. Yup, shone a light inside the speaker hole and she's had her paws inside. Still seems to work. I'm having that bloody cat euthanized later.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #166 on: 07 April, 2015, 11:27:35 am »
... I'm having that bloody cat euthanized later.

;D

You love her really!

« Reply #167 on: 07 April, 2015, 07:52:09 pm »

#include stdcatbed.io
{

}

https://hedwig.davelodwig.co.uk/cat/ if you like

Ignore the certificate it's my test server and I've not yet got a proper certificate.

Brilliant!  And, it seems to work!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #168 on: 11 April, 2015, 03:42:59 pm »
Pete is fast asleep, after a tiring morning of being fast asleep.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #169 on: 11 April, 2015, 04:04:23 pm »
Twix is, currently, bravely battling with a blade of grass that he managed to hunt down earlier. Oreo, meanwhile, is sat under the bird feeder, mouth open.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #170 on: 11 April, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »
Oreo, meanwhile, is sat under the bird feeder, mouth open.

If what happened to me on today's ride is anything to go by, that may not be an optimal strategy...

ian

« Reply #171 on: 11 April, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »
Bad Cat just ate my contact lens.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #172 on: 11 April, 2015, 09:55:44 pm »
Was it in your eye at the time?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #173 on: 12 April, 2015, 08:16:25 am »
Bad Cat just ate my contact lens.

I think that creature needs a spell in a Cat A prison.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #174 on: 12 April, 2015, 12:14:47 pm »
Fortunately, it wasn't in my eye. I'd just got back from a nice ride en velo and was preparing for an evening of beer and bad TV (as my wife, for some reason, is in Altrincham). With one lens marinating in solution, I turned around to turn the shower on so the water would be toasty by the time I'd taken out the second lens. Except when I turned around there was Bad Cat eagerly lapping the up the contents of the case. Then she makes the groo-what's-in-my-mouth motions before I see a glint of blue lens disappear in the direction of her belly. Then she jumps down and wanders off. Result: empty contact lens container. No lens, no solution. I should know better, she loves lens solution.

She's off to cat prison next week, as we're both away. We once jokingly considered that perhaps we could just leave her at home for a few days, unsupervised, have someone come feed her like we used to do with our previous cat. How we laughed.