Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 212770 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #225 on: 07 September, 2015, 01:41:51 pm »
Tilly is in her crate sulking. She has a pen round the crate and a nice comfey bed in it and a Kong stuffed with frozen treats but she would rather be snoozing on the sofa.
I have three weeks to get her used to being alone in her crate/pen before Pcolbeck junior goes back to Uni. I work from home a lot but sometimes I am away and Mrs Pcolbeck works 9am to 4pm three days a week and half days the other two so she needs to get used to being alone.
Stage 1 is some time in the crate/pen while I am working in teh room and stage 2 will be me working from the another room for periods of time.
She already sleeps in the crate/pen on a night and has no isues with that.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

ian

« Reply #226 on: 08 September, 2015, 12:03:47 pm »
Tag team annoyance. My wife, official favoured hoomin, is away on bear patrol in Rockies, so they're making do with me. Little monster cat wants to sit on my knee but won't because I don't have suitably comfy lady upholstery. So she paces around in front of me. Back and forth. Forth and back. Tentative paw. Yes, yes, no. I can't see the screen, gingernut. Shoo.

Bad cat, on the other hand, wants to sleep in the bed. We've discussed this and the answer is no. It's weird and you don't bath ever. So she's waiting until I sleep before trying to creep in behind me. No, no, no. I shoo her off. Fifteen minutes later I feel a cold draft on my toes and then the bloody cat sneaking in at the bottom of bed. Cheeky furball. Engage foot. Cat ejection mode active. It would be nice if I could sleep rather than be besieged.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #227 on: 08 September, 2015, 02:45:58 pm »
Her royal highness Milly Cat is sulking because the bloke is here trying to fix the boiler. The last bloke who came to fix the boiler let her sit next to him and watch, this one has lots of tools and she can't get near enough to watch.  I've removed her from the kitchen several times, so she's now sitting on the table outside. This is not what she likes doing unless it is warm and today is cold. So this involves a sulky face at the window.  I feel very cruel.  :demon:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #228 on: 15 September, 2015, 10:50:07 pm »
Snoozing, having swept the chimney for the third time this week...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

lou boutin

« Reply #229 on: 16 September, 2015, 10:01:19 am »
Very useful and helpful cats you have Mrs P.

Milly the Cat is sniffing the front door!!!! She wants to sit on the front mat but is trying to decided if the weather is suitable and if any other cats are around.

« Reply #230 on: 18 September, 2015, 11:52:38 am »
Looking smug as when I came back in from an hour in my office she was sat on the sofa with one of my slippers. I had left her shut in her pen but she had managed to open the door !
Its the poodle in her that makes her smart I think and the labrador that makes her a greedy dustbin of a dog (and very affectionate).

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #231 on: 18 September, 2015, 01:29:21 pm »
Making snuffly noises in his sleep.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #232 on: 20 September, 2015, 05:15:22 pm »
Well, half an hour ago, he was throwing up, for at least the second time today.  Was not hairball, so we suspect Baggins could have wormies, so he's just been glooped on the back of his neck, which he did not appreciate.  He was due for it anyway, but it always makes us unpopular with him.
Wombat

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #233 on: 20 September, 2015, 07:37:15 pm »
Pete is sulking because bobb and I trimmed off the manky hair at the back of his legs today, bobb's in his seat, and we're watching The Cat From Outer Space. So many indignities for one cat to suffer.

lou boutin

« Reply #234 on: 23 September, 2015, 06:36:24 pm »
Having taken Milly Cat to the vet yesterday I found that she is officially registered with them as Dr Milly Boutin. When was my cat conferred a doctorate? It's a shock to me!! Don't get me wrong, she's a clever kitty but.....

« Reply #235 on: 23 September, 2015, 06:41:20 pm »
Look again... are you sure that D isn't a P?

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

« Reply #236 on: 23 September, 2015, 07:04:54 pm »
Tilly is sitting on the sofa with me giving me sad eyes because no dinner.

lou boutin

« Reply #237 on: 23 September, 2015, 07:05:30 pm »
Perhaps she should be purrrr Milly Boutin

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #238 on: 29 September, 2015, 04:58:24 pm »
I can't let my cats outside cos there's a big ginger bastard sat on the doorstep waiting to biff them up. He chased our two into the flat and when I went out to scare him off he wouldn't move, so I shut the door to keep ours in and give him a chance to bugger off with dignity.

10 mins later I crack open the front door to see if I can let ours out and he's got his nose pressed up to the bloody thing, cheeky git!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #239 on: 29 September, 2015, 05:07:59 pm »
The bucket of cold water is recommended in cases such as these.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #240 on: 29 September, 2015, 06:09:54 pm »
Or someone with the correct aiming equipment to piss on it.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #241 on: 29 September, 2015, 06:54:26 pm »
After a few more minutes I opened the door and the coast was clear so I let them out again.
5 mins later they flew back in and the ginger terrorist was in our airlock where I shut the inner door on him.
He wasn't for moving, despite my best hard stare so I went and got munitions, flicked some water at him to get him out of the airlock and then followed him out with the rest of the cup, most of which probably missed. I then followed our kitties outside with another mugful just in case. A few mins later I heard caterwauling so he'd obviously found some other poor sod to bully.
After a while Pingu came home and he also requested a mug of water but again mostly missed I think, Pumpkin got some friendly fire though :(

I suppose this would be the advantage of a sureflap over a shut door with a kitty monitor. ....

Here is the offending oik - butter wouldn't melt in his mouth...

IMG_5154 by The Pingus, on Flickr

« Reply #242 on: 29 September, 2015, 07:29:47 pm »
4 bantam chickens roosting on the top perch in the pen, 2 gold fish swimming around in the tanks doing .... oops I forgot what they were about to do !!!  1 mad black cat curled up on my lap telling me he loves me.  8)

ian

« Reply #243 on: 29 September, 2015, 08:15:40 pm »
I can't let my cats outside cos there's a big ginger bastard sat on the doorstep waiting to biff them up. He chased our two into the flat and when I went out to scare him off he wouldn't move, so I shut the door to keep ours in and give him a chance to bugger off with dignity.

10 mins later I crack open the front door to see if I can let ours out and he's got his nose pressed up to the bloody thing, cheeky git!

I have a pump action water pistol for this eventuality. Our cats' mortal enemy (other than each other, they're self-nemesisizing) is the GGMFC (Giant Grey Monkey-Faced Cat – I think it might be part baboon). I got sick of a caterwauling and one day I thought it had ate the little monster cat because there was a huge cat-shaped pile of ginger fuzz but it seems she just sheds it when alarmed. Actually she sheds fur all the bloody time. It's bloody everywhere despite a daily furmination. Anyway, I went all Terminator. It got the message. I see if peering over the fence periodically to see if the coast is clear. I can hit it between the eyes from 30 metres. I'm deadly.

It's a skill I learned at University, we used to shoot tourists mooning at the Penny Lane sign opposite our Halls of Residence. Thank you Liverpool, thank you for your schooling in the arts of water marksmanship.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #244 on: 29 September, 2015, 10:25:49 pm »
Barakta's mum went down the super-soaker route in a similar situation.  Just ended up with the cats relying on her to defend their territory for them (which might have worked better if she'd been around more).

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #245 on: 01 October, 2015, 07:39:33 pm »
Eating.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #246 on: 01 October, 2015, 10:34:29 pm »
Sat next to me on the settee but we barely tolerate each other so she's facing the back of it pretending I'm not here. I'm ignoring her, too.

Chris S

« Reply #247 on: 01 October, 2015, 11:00:00 pm »
Sat next to me on the settee but we barely tolerate each other so she's facing the back of it pretending I'm not here. I'm ignoring her, too.

Fboab: "Drinking the loo water? Sleeping in the basin? Really??"
The Cat: "Yeah, yeah... whatever; you don't own me - fuck off."

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #248 on: 02 October, 2015, 08:03:15 am »
Pestering me for breakfast, even though he's had it.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #249 on: 10 October, 2015, 05:28:54 pm »
Dear Pumpkin, please to be stopping using downstairs neighbours lawn as a litter tray, it's embarrassing  :facepalm: