Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208886 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #375 on: 08 February, 2016, 12:41:45 pm »
Making loud noises which can be roughly translated as "Come on, you slackers! You haven't taken me for my walk yet!"
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #376 on: 08 February, 2016, 04:43:54 pm »
Lounging around as she is tired after a good run with her bestest friend ever Charlie dog (a lab). Tilly lurves Charlie dog and goes all silly when he's around.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #377 on: 08 February, 2016, 05:53:31 pm »
Sitting on my knee, although I have stuff to do which involves standing up.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #378 on: 08 February, 2016, 06:12:23 pm »
Back from the vets. Clean bill of health and a bit hissing to boot.
It is simpler than it looks.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #379 on: 08 February, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »
Ninkasi went to the vet and got antibiotic and anti emesis jabs and then I brought them both home, 700 quid lighter over the weekend.

Pumpkin of course smells a bit funny now. Ninkasi is not impressed, much hissing and spitting at Pumpkin.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #380 on: 09 February, 2016, 10:09:45 pm »
Dog fast asleep (again) on sofa  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #381 on: 10 February, 2016, 08:53:22 am »
On her bed looking sheepish as she has been very naughty. Ran away across two fields and a road (luckily its a single track dead end that only goes to the church) because she saw her friend Reggie dog at the top of the hill where our village is.
By the time I got back up to the village she was wandering round by herself. Naughty Tilly !
She's never done that before. She will run across a field to her friends but no further normally. I am going to have to put some work in on the stop and recall commands.

« Reply #382 on: 10 February, 2016, 09:06:30 am »
Our small female farm cat just had a go at a large cock pheasant  ::-) fortunately she missed as pheasant about twice her size !!
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #383 on: 11 February, 2016, 07:24:19 am »
Tilly is looking confused as breakfast didn't appear at 6:30 as it usually does. She keeps going to where her bowl usually is then coming up to us and giving us the sad eyes treatment.
Unfortunately for her she is off to the vets to be spade this morning so breakfast isn't happening at all today. No off the lead runs for 10 days either after this morning. Poor lamb.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #384 on: 11 February, 2016, 07:37:12 am »
Take care Till(without an e)y. Our Till(with an e)y is awaiting her walks with stare down and big sigs. Next step will be standing on the sofa leaning over to the table nudging my face with her wet nose, well I better get my boots on before that happens.

Walkies!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

ian

« Reply #385 on: 11 February, 2016, 10:59:20 pm »
Weirdly they're both sleeping on the bed almost next to each other without a battle breaking out. This is very rare detente. It won't last.

« Reply #386 on: 12 February, 2016, 05:36:11 am »
Tilly is OK but very sad. Brought her back from the vets yesterday tea time and she was very woozy just stood in the kitchen wobbling slightly. After effects of the anaesthetic.
Put her bed against the sofa and put her on it and she just flopped over. I slept on the sofa and she didn't really move all evening and night. Occasional whistley little wines.
She's stood up this morning when I made a coffee so that's good and she will have her breakfast in an hour (chicken and rice for the patient) and can have some pain killers with it.
Sad eyes treatment all round since we got home. They do make you feel like you betrayed them when you take them to the vets even though its for their own good.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #387 on: 12 February, 2016, 07:32:20 am »
I know what you mean, been there a few times.

Though our Tilley didn't, when she had her legs operated on. It was like she knew that we were trying to help. Then again she is very happy go lucky mutt.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #388 on: 12 February, 2016, 09:11:58 am »
Flynn is wolf whistling to his right foot! Must be practising for valentines day... ;D

« Reply #389 on: 12 February, 2016, 09:16:17 am »
Oh no she's whinning for a walk now. No walks today I am afraid. She is going to drive us potty over the next 10 days as she is used to two 45 minute off lead running across fields and hills walks every day. She isn't a pavement  on a lead sort of dog as the fields start where our drive finishes ....
I think her or me will need sedatives to get through the next week.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #390 on: 12 February, 2016, 09:26:14 am »
Brian: that is some foot fetish :)

pcolbeck: good luck :)

« Reply #391 on: 12 February, 2016, 04:48:32 pm »
Frozen Kongs stuffed with some of her food might help keep her occupied.

« Reply #392 on: 12 February, 2016, 05:13:09 pm »
Frozen Kongs stuffed with some of her food might help keep her occupied.

Yes she likes those. We gave her one when we go out and have to leave her in her crate.  We have several in the freezer usually. Will give her one tomorrow, today she is on chicken and rice as advised by the vet so as not to upset her tummy after the anaesthetic.
She has been very good today I must say. Much brighter than last night as well. Hasn't mythered too much. I have asked Pcolbeck junior not to come with his girlfriend for tea tomorrow though (he pops home most weekends) as Tilly goes bonkers when he comes home and gets really excited and bouncy as she loves him but its not what we need this weekend. Now if I could just have a word with the cat and get her not to wind Tilly up ....

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #393 on: 13 February, 2016, 05:29:32 pm »
Brian: that is some foot fetish :)

pcolbeck: good luck :)

I think it's a cockatiel thing, as he does it quite often   :)

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #394 on: 14 February, 2016, 03:05:28 pm »
Pete's on my knee, watching The Last Leg.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #395 on: 15 February, 2016, 08:30:08 am »
Tilly is OK but very sad. Brought her back from the vets yesterday tea time and she was very woozy just stood in the kitchen wobbling slightly. After effects of the anaesthetic.
Put her bed against the sofa and put her on it and she just flopped over. I slept on the sofa and she didn't really move all evening and night. Occasional whistley little wines.
She's stood up this morning when I made a coffee so that's good and she will have her breakfast in an hour (chicken and rice for the patient) and can have some pain killers with it.
Sad eyes treatment all round since we got home. They do make you feel like you betrayed them when you take them to the vets even though its for their own good.

Mrs W walked our dog Surya to the vet to be spayed, as we reckoned getting her in and out of the car would likely be more strain on her stitches than a gentle walk.  Mrs W goes back to vet to collect hound, to be greeted by a bouncy dog saying "C'mon, lets go for a run round the fields!"  Bloody silly dog didn't even seem to realise anything had happened to her.  She comprehensively broke the supposed rule about border collies being intelligent.  Thick as two short planks  ;D
Wombat

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #396 on: 20 February, 2016, 05:02:12 pm »
Milly is asleep on her new teddy.  Said teddy was won in a raffle at last nights performance of the village Am Dram Society and given to me for Milly.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #397 on: 20 February, 2016, 05:17:37 pm »
That's unusual for a cat to sleep on something procured specially for them...
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #398 on: 21 February, 2016, 06:37:03 pm »
That's unusual for a cat to sleep on something procured specially for them...

She seems to like it.  But I did give her treats a couple of times so that makes it a friend.

« Reply #399 on: 22 February, 2016, 08:16:32 pm »
Pouting.

Pouting, because there is a laptop occupying my lap, rather than a tubby tortoiseshell. So instead, she's sitting on the only white cushion in the entire room, rather than any other patch of the "better make it leather and black to hide the cat grot" sofa. And pouting. ::-)
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/