Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 211658 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #875 on: 09 April, 2018, 05:38:15 pm »
One of our feline friends has left a disembowelled rodent on the patio, much to David's disgust.

« Reply #876 on: 09 April, 2018, 05:57:28 pm »
One of our feline friends has left a disembowelled rodent on the patio, much to David's disgust.

That's how it starts.

Wait untill you start finding the bodies under your pillow.

;D
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #877 on: 09 April, 2018, 06:32:04 pm »

That's how it starts.

;D

;D ;D ;D

These cats are an excellent education for my squeamish partner!
He is having to come to terms with the realities of biology.

I am not sorry!

« Reply #878 on: 13 April, 2018, 08:15:55 pm »
Given the sheer number of cats round my way, the ritual offerings stopped years ago.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #879 on: 13 April, 2018, 09:32:39 pm »

That's how it starts.

;D

Or better still, like one of mine did, leave 3 bluetit chicks at the top of the stairs!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #880 on: 14 April, 2018, 11:48:06 am »
We are spending the weekend in Wales and have locked the cats out of the house...
There's food in the garage and assorted wildlife...

« Reply #881 on: 17 April, 2018, 10:24:15 am »
Barking and growling at the evil window cleaner who must be driven off before he breaks in and murders us all.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #882 on: 17 April, 2018, 01:15:50 pm »
Gone walkies, we think. Could be sleeping and hiding somewhere in the house.
Or outside.
Greeted David enthusiastically on our return, Blackie pretty well followed David to bed but then vanished.

ian

« Reply #883 on: 17 April, 2018, 08:48:35 pm »
Caught LMC hiding under a car on the other side of the road. She's not done her Green Cross Code and that's not approved. She darted back to the garden at a speed that was a large proportion of c as I came down the hill – mostly because there were two dog walkers. This nearly resulted in a high velocity collision with Big Bad Tom. That would have resulted in a gonad blanching burst of high energy miaowons. As it was, he just did the feline equivalent of WTF?

Big Bad Tom is just that. He stalks all the dogs in the area, taunting them. All the dog owners hate him because he sends the dogs crazy. Utterly fearless. I think he eats delivery men. Even the bears cut him a wide berth. He's at least three times the size of LMC (mind you, she's about the size of a self-indulgent hamster).

Bad Cat, on the other hand, jumped in my lap, managed to delete the entire graphic I was working on (thank god for ctrl-z), and then let out a smell that really was beyond categorization.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #884 on: 17 April, 2018, 09:04:03 pm »
Pretending to sleep but actually stalking me. We’re staying at my parents’ which she loves but she’s afraid I’ll leave her here so is like a little shadow

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #885 on: 17 April, 2018, 09:52:23 pm »
Someone rang the doorbell so long and hard that both resting cats bolted out of the cat flap.
They have since returned.

If any sh!te courier claims we didn't respond to our doorbell, I will not believe them.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #886 on: 18 April, 2018, 12:23:02 pm »

Bad Cat, on the other hand, jumped in my lap, managed to delete the entire graphic I was working on (thank god for ctrl-z), and then let out a smell that really was beyond categorization.
I think that means she loves you.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #887 on: 18 April, 2018, 01:21:22 pm »
Proving that this multitasking lark is a doddle by snoring and farting at the same time.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #888 on: 18 April, 2018, 01:38:22 pm »

Our dog Tilly likes to fart then leave the room in disgust at the smell.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #889 on: 18 April, 2018, 02:16:49 pm »
Proving that this multitasking lark is a doddle by snoring and farting at the same time.

Should fit right in at a YACF camping weekend.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #890 on: 18 April, 2018, 05:17:27 pm »
Basking in the sun, having disgusted David by leaving a dead mouse on a mat.

ian

« Reply #891 on: 18 April, 2018, 07:48:05 pm »
Bad Cat is generally not very odoriferous but has used the litter tray a few times recently to punish us for her incarceration in the local cattery. Though she did once plonk herself in my lap after, how can I put it, inadequate wiping. That outcome of that event involved both disgust and laundry in liberal quantities.

Anyway, I've just built her a large cat clambering tree for the bedroom. In fact I built it twice because I did it wrong the first time. Then it turned out I hadn't done it wrong and to be honest, I wasn't sure why I convinced myself I was wrong. Oh well. I was wrong about being wrong. Anyway, the aim of this structure is to enable her to get to the top shelf the wardrobe where she has taken to sleeping of an evening. Neither of us have any idea how she learned to open the sliding doors and clamber all the way to the very top to find a suitable nesting place. Anyway, it's a racket and it would be better for all concerned if she climbed something else to get there. And then there's the reverse, when she emerges. Imagine someone dropping a 5 kg bag of potatoes from ceiling height each morning. She actually sprained her front leg the other week (vet bill! vet bill!). The tree will, in theory, offer a more elegant route to floor level.

Of course, we know she'll ignore it and carry on as before. Cat owners can be identified by their foolish optimism when it comes to their pets.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #892 on: 18 April, 2018, 09:43:14 pm »
Chortle!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #893 on: 20 April, 2018, 02:50:53 pm »
Bad Cat is sprawled on the shady balcony outside my office. She can't even be bothered chuttering at the magpies, her avian nemeses.

LMC is sitting on the kitchen roof* surveying her domain. I think she's compensating for her small stature like a little feline Napoleon.

They're both reminding me that cats don't have to sit in front of computer all day.

*OK, not quite, the kitchen roof is level with the top garden terrace, but there's two terraces below her, the benefits of hilly living.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #894 on: 20 April, 2018, 03:30:52 pm »
Don't know.

Haven't seen cats today and litter trays are undisturbed. They've not eaten much cat food either.

Methinks they are basking somewhere and having fun with suburban wildlife, which might be more fun than Sainsbury's tinned pap.

ETA Blackie returned for quick nibble but left very promptly.
ETA They have both made transient visits for Big Evening Eats and scarpered as soon as stomachs were full.

ian

« Reply #895 on: 20 April, 2018, 08:35:12 pm »
Bad Cat is still on the balcony now. Gazing wistfully into the gloaming. The settling chill will get her soon, it's just driven us back indoors.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #896 on: 21 April, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »
Investigating the massive pheasant tail feather I picked up for them on today's ride. It was stood up in the verge like a flag. The dead bird itself a few metres further on.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #897 on: 23 April, 2018, 04:16:54 pm »
Both cats resting peacefully in lounge.
Ran away and squealed in FEAR when the doorbell rang.

DPD driver delivering big box of cat litter from Pets At Home...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #898 on: 27 April, 2018, 12:49:53 am »
Blackie is AWOL, having last been seen at around 3am 26/4/2018, feeding.

Big Tom is asleep on the carpet just outside the kitchen, having placed a forelimb over his eyes as a sleep mask.

ian

« Reply #899 on: 30 April, 2018, 01:35:41 pm »
Leaving muddy paw prints around the house. On the floors. Up the walls. On me. Pretty much any and every surface is now defaced by dirty paw prints. It's cold and raining, just stay inside you pair of furry idiots.