Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 209013 times)

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1025 on: 27 August, 2018, 06:12:44 pm »
Sitting some 10m up in a tree  ::-). Whether or not she has any idea how to get down who knows  ???  Still she’s not making much noise so I guess she’s not that bothered yet tho my wife is. Thankfully the forecast is benign and if she’s not been down by morning we’ll call the RSPCA and see what they say. In all probability I’ll come down to another dismembered mouse (we had 2 this morning and all will be well.

ETA she came down of her own accord and is now eating her favourite (for now) cat pate.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1026 on: 29 August, 2018, 11:42:04 pm »
Big Tom is sleeping halfway up the stairs.

Blackie returned carrying a live mouse in her mouth, played with it for a while, then took it back outside.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1027 on: 30 August, 2018, 09:59:54 am »
Big Tom is sleeping halfway up the stairs.

In my parents' house this used to be an indicator that someone had left the light on in the cupboard underneath.  Presumably the advent of LED lighting has put an end to that.

When the light was off the cat would tend to sleep at the top of the stairs, for maximum trip-ability.  What is it with cats and stairs?

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1028 on: 30 August, 2018, 11:53:11 am »
I don't know.
Despite the hall/stair/landing carpet being mainly blue, Big Tom seems quite well camouflaged.

He sprawled on this half-landing long before dusk and didn't budge for hours.

I think cats sometimes like being sheltered when they snooze, though this is not consistent.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1029 on: 30 August, 2018, 11:18:17 pm »
Despite the hall/stair/landing carpet being mainly blue, Big Tom seems quite well camouflaged.

My parents in their infinite wisdom chose a hallway carpet with a pattern that, if you don't have the right glasses on, looks a bit like the back of a tabby-point Siamese.  After several rounds of the obvious, I once caught my mum telling her wooly hat (which had fallen off the hook and turned out to have a not-entirely-dissimilar pattern) to get out of the way as she was coming down the stairs carrying a large box.

I reckon cat camouflage is as much about staying still and general affinity for shadowy corners and edges as their coat colour/pattern.  They can be surprisingly invisible at times, especially when they're in one of those random uncomfortable-looking sleeping positions rather than an obvious cat profile.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1030 on: 31 August, 2018, 12:23:49 pm »
[OT] I think camouflage/conspicuity is about soft/hard edges and 'expected/unexpected' colours.

Camouflage Cat's colour edges are soft.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1031 on: 31 August, 2018, 02:30:37 pm »
One or both have stolen my copy of mario cart for the DS. 

Small square has been used to play and now is somewhere they can't get too.  Hence me spending ages looking for it.  Cats looking on and awaiting me bringing things out for them to play with once more.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1032 on: 12 September, 2018, 04:45:37 pm »
Big Tom is SITTING ON MY CHAIR!

Goldilocks is Not Amused...

« Reply #1033 on: 15 September, 2018, 10:13:12 pm »
Swapping mouse for treats.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1034 on: 18 September, 2018, 11:16:29 pm »
Playing silly buggers by the kitchen door.
Big Tom is lounging on the doormat inside, Blackie is just outside the glass door, unwilling to use cat flap and land on Tom...

« Reply #1035 on: 28 September, 2018, 08:44:51 pm »
Sleeping on the sofa smelling faintly of shit.
Its my fault, I didn't notice that they had spread slurry on the middle of the big stubble field until it was too late and she merrily rolled in it about a hundred times.
Two showers with different shampoo each time and their is still a whiff about her, mind you as we walked back from tyeh field at tea time you could smell her several yards away.
As usual she thinks she smells like she doused herself in Chanel No 5.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1036 on: 04 October, 2018, 08:19:33 pm »
Sleeping on David's bar chair, having been unable to eject me from mine, despite the use of CLAWS.

FARTING
FARTING
FARTING

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1037 on: 07 October, 2018, 02:08:52 pm »
Big Tom followed David when he finally got ready for bed, after spending many cool hours in the observatory.

David opened a wardrobe and Tom jumped inside and settled for the night, only emerging for breakfast around 13.00.

I don't like leaving wardrobes open cos moths but...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1038 on: 07 October, 2018, 02:19:46 pm »
Big Tom followed David when he finally got ready for bed, after spending many cool hours in the observatory.

David opened a wardrobe and Tom jumped inside and settled for the night, only emerging for breakfast around 13.00.

The cat'll eat them.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1039 on: 07 October, 2018, 02:40:43 pm »
Blackie chases moths and butterflies, Tom less so. Wardrobe is dark and cramped. Tom is HYOOGE. Little scope for chasing ickle woolly bears...

« Reply #1040 on: 07 October, 2018, 02:49:45 pm »
Weve had unfortunate incidents in the past with our cats peeing in the wardrobe  :facepalm:
Double points for if they do it on a sleeping bag in the bottom ....

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1041 on: 07 October, 2018, 05:03:26 pm »
Eek!
I don't think either cat has ever peed indoors outside a litter tray.

I don't think there are shoes in that wardrobe; my old bathroom scales live there.

This is a built-in job, made of laminated board, with rails on two levels.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1042 on: 08 October, 2018, 11:16:20 pm »
BIG TOM:
DON'T CLAW ME IN THE BUM IF YOU ARE HUNGRY! I do NOT like it!

I fed you just an hour ago; I know Blackie finished some of the food I put out for you but you've been asleep in the wardrobe most of the afternoon/evening.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1043 on: 08 October, 2018, 11:40:55 pm »

The cat'll eat them.

Yep, the two snack on many flying and crawling things.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1044 on: 08 October, 2018, 11:43:45 pm »
BIG TOM:
DON'T CLAW ME IN THE BUM IF YOU ARE HUNGRY! I do NOT like it!

I fed you just an hour ago; I know Blackie finished some of the food I put out for you but you've been asleep in the wardrobe most of the afternoon/evening.

Big tom is teaching you your place in the cat and slave relationship....

I had this pointed out to me by one of the furry overlords being annoying till I allowed her to remove a tasty bogey from my nose and inform me that my facial hair is too long for her to enjoy rubbing her face against mine.

« Reply #1045 on: 14 October, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »
Our cat, Dougie, still has to wear a collar because of his accident a month ago. He has to wear it 'cos the daft bugger keeps biting the stitches on his stump despite the collar - which is regularly tightened. He can't scratch his neck, so guess who has to do the scratching every time he appears in the kitchen? And, as soon as he's had enough, he jumps down and goes back to his slumber - the cat, not me.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #1046 on: 18 October, 2018, 08:19:31 am »
Just finishing gestating apparently. I have been worn down by my wife and son into finally getting a dog. Which we will get, despite all those 80s ads to the contrary, just before christmas.

ian

« Reply #1047 on: 18 October, 2018, 09:05:57 pm »
Yes, remember– a dog is just for Christmas, not for life.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1048 on: 18 October, 2018, 09:37:36 pm »
Or
Christmas is for dogs, get a life.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
« Reply #1049 on: 19 October, 2018, 02:23:25 pm »
Two are taking turns in using me as a pillow and demanding fuss.