Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 208963 times)

ian

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #1550 on: 19 January, 2021, 11:17:06 am »
Cats and food. Bought some different stuff for variety. They both wolf it down. For about two weeks. Now Bad Cat just sits there and refuses to eat it. Obviously, having waited for me to buy two big boxes of the stuff.

And stop pooping in the house*. God, the stench permeates and my office is on a mezzanine level and doesn't have a door to shut it out.

*they're both doing it now, I did blame the weather but I think it might be foxes putting them off. I'm sure they've made a den under the summer house and often lounging up there in the sun. Anyway, I can't poop when a fox is looking at me either. Well, I've never tried doing it in front of any woodland creature, but you know, any audience is offputting.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #1551 on: 19 January, 2021, 11:40:09 am »
As far as I have experienced, providing variety just makes for fussy bastard cats.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1552 on: 19 January, 2021, 10:29:31 pm »
Snoring... loudly.   He makes some humans seem positively quiet.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1553 on: 31 January, 2021, 05:16:23 pm »
Guarding the fire.  That won't be escaping then.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1554 on: 10 February, 2021, 09:31:14 am »
Has anyone else's cat realised that the WFH laptop is a nice warm spot for a nap?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1555 on: 10 February, 2021, 02:55:35 pm »
Has anyone else's cat realised that the WFH laptop is a nice warm spot for a nap?

ian

« Reply #1556 on: 10 February, 2021, 08:30:10 pm »
They don't like Macbooks because they're not warm enough (now Flash is deprecated), a friendly Dell or Lenovo, on the other hand.

« Reply #1557 on: 12 February, 2021, 11:55:26 am »
Mainly Tilly is on guard at the patio doors.
There has a been a squirrel and a pheasant in the garden this morning and its just not right and shouldn't be allowed.
She tells me if she doesn't keep an eye out they will break in and murder us all.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1558 on: 12 February, 2021, 02:42:55 pm »
Getting over the sulk after her trip to the vet for a ultrasound scan. Where most of her belly and other areas got clean shaven.

Still haven't found out why she suddenly dropped from her normal 16-16.5Kg to about 15kg and no matter how much we feed her nothing stays on her.

All the bloods, poops, wee tests etc have been down twice and still none the wiser. She is her normal happy and healthy self (bar the weight loss). If the last lost of test don't show anything new, we are going to try another food to see if that will help gaining some back. Cause she is just a bag'o'bone.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #1559 on: 12 February, 2021, 02:51:55 pm »
Woolly try Simpsons Premium 80/20. Not many places stock it but its 80% protein and grain free. We mail order ours from the manufacturer which is in the UK. They also do a 60/40 if 80/20 doesn't agree. They do trial sized bags as well.

https://www.simpsonspremium.com

Its good for no loose poop as well! Our Tilly was terrible when younger until we switched to this,

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1560 on: 12 February, 2021, 02:59:33 pm »
Thanks. Let's see what the vet says. It will be a change for Tilley since we have fed her raw or raw'ish food. We are now on https://forthglade.com/ She have had that for at least 5 years and always (which she still is) produce nice and easy pickup able nuggets.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #1561 on: 12 February, 2021, 04:53:22 pm »
We use Forthglade treets.

« Reply #1562 on: 15 February, 2021, 05:15:52 pm »
Zeppy is sitting on my lap so I can use a flea comb on her ears.
She caught a rabbit nearly as big as she is, but needed a bit of help to get it through the cat hatch.
She has been pigging out all afternoon and now has twitchy ears.

« Reply #1563 on: 16 February, 2021, 09:41:50 am »
Looking sad. She threw up yesterday evening and was listless and couldn't settle all night. A bit of crying but went to sleep on the sofa with me about 4:00am (I know but she's my best friend).
She's keeping water down and ate reduced breakfast (we only gave her half) with normal gusto so I'm monitoring it and if she gets worse or isnt looking better by tomorrow its off to the vets.
Almost certainly she has eaten something horrid in the field or possibly its due to the huge rolling session he had in slurry that was spread on the field yesterday - took four showers to get rid of teh smell.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1564 on: 16 February, 2021, 07:34:50 pm »
Pumpkin woke us up at 0245 this morning and proceeded to moan for the next 90 minutes that she needed a runny poo and she didn't want to use either of the available litter trays (I'm not letting you out at that time of the night, cat). Eventually she capitulated and peace was restored. Until Ninkasi woke us up plucking at the hall carpet about an hour later.  :facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1565 on: 16 February, 2021, 09:38:05 pm »
Big Tom (neutered) is not a happy bunny; he nearly smashed the cat flap trying to fend off wandering Local Ginger, who visited the kitchen door.

« Reply #1566 on: 17 February, 2021, 07:18:01 pm »
Well Tilly went to the vets yesterday evening. Vet said two unrelated issues:

1) She ate something nasty

Well yes she's half labrador she eats everything and anything. she can find. Temperature fine, stomach seems not distended all good now she vomited teh problem up.

2) Tail down between her legs and whining and cant settle

She's wagged her tail too much or something and sprained it !
The vet gave us anti inflammatories and she's much happier now. Slept through the night and he tail is up to 1/4 mast today. Got to not exercise her much for a week and let it recover.

Blooming dogs its like having small children,

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #1567 on: 18 February, 2021, 12:00:07 pm »
I have a young cat called Gerrard (le chat noir).  He is currently sat on the cat tree/ climbing frame that is in the corner of my home office, looking at me and licking his lips, which means he is asking for food.  Having checked all the food bowls around the house, I've noted that they are full!  So he is obviously asking for something different to what he has.  #FirstWorldCatProblems

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1568 on: 18 February, 2021, 12:38:52 pm »
Hello! Good to see you! Hope you are well, glad you've got a cat again :)

lou boutin

« Reply #1569 on: 18 February, 2021, 12:58:49 pm »
Hello! Good to see you! Hope you are well, glad you've got a cat again :)

Thank you.  I adopted a cat from my local cat rescue just over a year ago.  He was a really sad little thing that hissed at everyone who viewed him to adopt him.  So I decided to bring him home and see if he would settle down in a house with no other cats.  Luckily he did and has become quite a friendly little thing.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1570 on: 18 February, 2021, 04:54:00 pm »
Aww, happy kitteh!

lou boutin

« Reply #1571 on: 18 February, 2021, 05:11:01 pm »
He is much happier now.  It is lovely to see what a friendly and affectionate cat that he turned out to be.  He loves to be on camera and often joins my teaching sessions. 

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #1572 on: 18 February, 2021, 05:20:31 pm »
Gosh, that was very brave of you! Glad he has blossomed and repaid your faith in him :)

« Reply #1573 on: 18 February, 2021, 10:21:57 pm »
Tilly's tale is back up to half mast now.

lou boutin

« Reply #1574 on: 19 February, 2021, 08:37:54 am »
Gosh, that was very brave of you! Glad he has blossomed and repaid your faith in him :)

He was such an unhappy cat in the rescue centre, that I didn't mind if he was happier and we just shared a house.  We did for the first few months and then he decided I was okay.  Lockdown made the difference, he just wants company and fuss (but on his terms).