Author Topic: When was your last interaction with Picolax?  (Read 11346 times)

Re: When was your last interaction with Picolax?
« Reply #25 on: 18 May, 2023, 07:14:19 pm »
All done, everything was sparkly clean inside.

Looks like I do have a squatter that will need to have the boys to go in and forcefully evict him.  Pictures are available if that is your thing. The inflation made me fart for at least an hour after.  Actually still farting now.

The painkillers and sedative made everything very calm.  Even went to Lidl near UCHL to do a bit of shoplifting.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Read the release paperwork, since when do you get release paperwork, and now I see the location and size of my squatter. :o

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #26 on: 18 May, 2023, 08:58:22 pm »
Glad it went well but sorry to read of your squatter.
Hope he's successfully evicted, without too much trauma!

« Reply #27 on: 20 May, 2023, 07:55:02 pm »
Never had Picolax.
Had moviPrep before colonoscopy, nearly 10 years ago.
I was told I was 'clean inside.

Low residue diet for days beforehand was dull as hell.
Clear apple juice is your friend.

Drink plenty.

I had moviPrep in february. Vile stuff, choose whatever flavour you like, orange or lemon, they're both equally foul. I read the "mode d'emploi" and it appears it is just a hideous overdose of common salt. The colo went ok, results said "nettoyage incomplète" (or something to that effect) but still gave me the all clear. It was drinking the 1l of water in the hour after the dose in the evening that defeated me, I just can't drink flat water that fast (and sparkling water was not allowed, presumably because of the salt). Apparently "nettoyage incomplète" is a completely normal comment in France, they're never satisfied. Any way that's it for 3 years and I'll just have to try to do better next time!

Better than mine of waiting 6 months and nothing being organised in la belle france.

In my case the gp made the colonoscopy a requirement of her taking me on (family history etc). We insisted on going public rather than private, made a rdv in may for the following november for the consult and the procedure was in the following february (earliest date available). Nb we had to ring up and organise the initial appointment ourselves, it doesn't get done for you!
 By squatter you mean polyp? or worse? I had seven polyps, all removed during the procedure, biggest one 1cm but the doc said they didn't seem malign to him and sure enough the biopsy results are all clear. However that's why I'm being inspected again in 3 years time.

« Reply #28 on: 26 May, 2023, 12:23:51 pm »
After having to go back and get a CT scan, as I wasn't well, no nicks or bowl damage.

Phone call today from the hospital. The eviction notice is the 6/6.  Seems a bit quick, which is a worry and also not quick enough as I want this squatter out of me. ::-) . Welcome to my mind.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #29 on: 28 May, 2023, 12:49:30 pm »
6/6 is next Tuesday.
At least next week is not perturbed by a Bank Holiday Monday.

Hope eviction goes well!

« Reply #30 on: 05 June, 2023, 01:18:24 pm »
Good afternoon, just a quick update.

The eviction is set for tomorrow, yet no bowl cleanser has arrived.  So I have to pop to UCLH to collect the goodies. 

This is not a good sign, still no idea what is happening.  Is it general/local am I staying over night?

Am scared.

« Reply #31 on: 05 June, 2023, 01:34:45 pm »
Fingers crossed that it goes well.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #32 on: 05 June, 2023, 08:26:09 pm »
Hope all goes well!
Have you been given any written instructions?
Doesn't look like they've communicated well!
Wishing you well...

« Reply #33 on: 05 June, 2023, 11:35:16 pm »
Here is an update of sorts.  So UCLH have the wrong address for me for some reason.  For some reason my address has been changed to my doctors surgery address.  Was told that I'm having a flexible sigmoidscopy, so does that mean that they are looking at more stuff in my bowel that the earlier colonoscopy missed.

Am now worried.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #34 on: 06 June, 2023, 01:13:13 am »
No, flexi-sig is less invasive than a whole endoscopy.
It is simpler than it looks.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #35 on: 06 June, 2023, 01:49:19 am »
Flexi-sig goes in less than 50cm.
Colonoscopy goes more than a metre or so…

No great shakes IME.

I just had a preliminary enema.

« Reply #36 on: 06 June, 2023, 09:04:49 am »
No, flexi-sig is less invasive than a whole endoscopy.

Am at the point of don't care about invasive, I want the creature from the poop lagoon evicted.

Flexi-sig goes in less than 50cm.
Colonoscopy goes more than a metre or so…

No great shakes IME.

I just had a preliminary enema.

Reading up, the flexi sig just does the sigmoid part of the bowl and the squatter ain't there.  They gave me an x marks the spot diagram for the squatter location.  There was a polp in the sigmoid part of the bowl, that was removed at the time of my colonoscopy.  The Squatter was removed as they were too big to remove.  Thought this was a removal procedure.

So am a little lost/don't understand/afraid.

Hope all goes well for you Helly.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #37 on: 06 June, 2023, 03:44:42 pm »
Thanks! I'm not in line for anything at the moment, in case you misunderstood.

I had a flex siggy in 2013 & polyp removal, followed by a full colonoscopy a few weeks later.

Sounds like your Squatter needs something more extensive than a quick grab via a 'scope but your team's comms aren't quite joined up…

I understand your worries and wonder if loads of horrible phoning might bring you some clarity.

« Reply #38 on: 06 June, 2023, 08:14:25 pm »
Good afternoon all,

So it was eviction day after all.  The little (big 25mm growth) bugger played hard to get and required two people to manoeuvre.  I was earthed by two patches on my legs as electricity was used to cut the bugger up and then needing 6 yes 6 clamps at the colon wall.  Even have had my first tattoo on the inside of my bowel. This was needed to locate the area as it looks like I'm going to need another operation from the outside of the colon as the squatter was very very deeply rooted in.

Those that want to see the six clamps on my colon wall...go to my facebook page it is my avatar.  Don't tell people what it is am I'm letting people guess.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #39 on: 06 June, 2023, 09:58:22 pm »
They put in a little tattoo when they took out my polyp.

It really is 'where the sun don't shine'!

Hope your onward patient journey is smooth!

« Reply #40 on: 07 June, 2023, 10:32:26 am »
25mm!

That sounds major, as does the 'outside' op.

Hope it goes well.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #41 on: 11 June, 2023, 01:41:42 pm »
25mm!

That sounds major, as does the 'outside' op.

Hope it goes well.

Yep, it was a Paris polyp (which was a hey there coincidence moment) maybe it was the fact the polyp looked like it wore a beret. with a size that I felt  Decided the polyp was male as he was being a dick.

Was an interesting procedure and may write the procedure up to match the humour of the picolax story.

Re: When was your last interaction with
« Reply #42 on: 12 June, 2023, 02:06:22 pm »
Got a few missed calls from the doctor that removed the paris polyp and looks like I need a full chest and abdomen ct scan...

Mentioning the word spread seems to have focussed my mind on that word and not on the the rest of the conversation.

Oh fuck.

Re: When was your last interaction with
« Reply #43 on: 12 June, 2023, 04:19:23 pm »
Got a few missed calls from the doctor that removed the paris polyp and looks like I need a full chest and abdomen ct scan...

Mentioning the word spread seems to have focussed my mind on that word and not on the the rest of the conversation.

Oh fuck.

Well that is more than a bit rubbish.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #44 on: 13 June, 2023, 06:32:38 pm »
Yeah, had a call later in the day (yesterday) from the imaging team and had a 9am appointment for the next as in today.

The CT scan was with contrast in the blood and of my chest, chin down.  Did not type anything yesterday and sort of in shock/do something else to occupy my mine so I cleaned my friends flat.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #45 on: 13 June, 2023, 07:03:04 pm »
Hoping imaging is clear and your squatter hasn't sent squatlings far & wide!

I totally get needing distraction whilst awaiting anxious things medical.

I went away for a friend's birthday party when I had anxieties…

Wishing you well!

« Reply #46 on: 23 June, 2023, 08:17:37 pm »
More details:

So I called the endo people at UCLH on Wednesday and was told my review was Thursday and I would have more information on Thursday.  Called back on Thursday and was told we passing you to another department for a follow up and rest of the stuff needs further review.  Asked if I could be told over the phone if it was serious and needed more treatment but no answer.

Got a call today and have an appointment for Monday...

So still no further info.  Just want to know either way.

(sorry for going on, no real other outlet)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #47 on: 23 June, 2023, 10:33:42 pm »
Understandable. Fingers crossed, of course.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #48 on: 27 June, 2023, 01:11:14 am »
Got the answer, that I didn't want to hear.

Am getting a bit of my colon removed, the bit with the squatter.  It is being removed next tuesday. So a week in hospital then a few weeks of recovery.

« Reply #49 on: 27 June, 2023, 07:57:16 am »
Ugh. That is dire.

A friend, ex colleague, went into hospital with agonizing abdominal pains. Came out with a colostomy bag and several feet less colon than she used to have. Bit of a slog for recovery, but is doing well now (she calls her colostomy bag 'Boris', because it makes farting noises and is full of shit).
<i>Marmite slave</i>