Author Topic: On One swept handlebars (OG)  (Read 13558 times)

On One swept handlebars (OG)
« on: 23 November, 2014, 06:24:50 am »
A tangent from the Fat Bike thread:

Had a few rides on these now, much better than Mary bars. They're wider with a slightly different angle/sweep back. They come in carbon and aluminium flavours, recommended :thumbsup:

A question for the OG bar users if I my?

I have Titec H-bars on one bike (similar sweep to Mary bars), but found that while the sweep made for a very comfortable position, I didn't quiet get on with them for technical MTBing as my hands wound slide forwards/inwards on steep descents. So I'm running Fleegle bars on my main MTB; not quite so comfortable, but my hands stay put (and I can run old-fashioned bar ends)

The OGs seem to lie, sweep-wise, mid-way between the Fleegles and the Marys... Does anybody have experience of using these in steep terrain? Do your hands stay put?
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: On One swept handlebars (OG)
« Reply #1 on: 23 November, 2014, 07:06:20 am »
I'm running Marys on both my mtb's without a  problem. Maybe that I'm not doing such steep stuff as you but no problems with my hands moving.

Not answering your question I know but is it worth looking at your grips before you start changing the bars?

« Reply #2 on: 23 November, 2014, 08:02:35 am »
Well, the RH tended to only move a bit, because the Rohloff shifter would stop it. The left hand, on the other ...er... hand, would keep going until it reached a brake lever. I suppose I could fit a dummy LH gripshift.  :-\

TBF, it was a significant problem only on steep terrain under heavy braking - most noticeably when I investigated the new downhill track at Cwmcarn. Some of the hillsides round here go down at 45 degrees. :-)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #3 on: 23 November, 2014, 08:29:07 am »

TBF, it was a significant problem only on steep terrain under heavy braking - most noticeably when I investigated the new downhill track at Cwmcarn. Some of the hillsides round here go down at 45 degrees. :-)

OK you win ;D not much round my way that's quite that steep, at least for any distance.

« Reply #4 on: 03 May, 2015, 05:06:36 pm »
Just to wind this up, I finally got around to fitting an OG bar to my bike. Exhaustive testing around the Ebbw Valley and Black Mountains leads me to give it a big  :thumbsup: from me.

« Reply #5 on: 03 May, 2015, 06:31:16 pm »
 :thumbsup:

I've got them on both fatbikes. Love the angle they give my wrists, very natural and uber comfy.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #6 on: 03 May, 2015, 07:45:37 pm »
I find myself contemplating the compressed soot version... :demon:

« Reply #7 on: 03 May, 2015, 07:47:30 pm »
wait until they're on offer  ;)
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert