Author Topic: Producing a video of a presentation?  (Read 982 times)

Producing a video of a presentation?
« on: 10 March, 2020, 06:39:26 pm »
mini ao's presentation in person has been cancelled due to covid-19, and now needs to produce a video of her actually doing a short presentation, then submit it.

Any tips or good resources to look at, for a decent/professional result.  Uni AV studio can be booked apparently.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Re: Producing a video of a presentation?
« Reply #1 on: 10 March, 2020, 06:54:00 pm »
Are they wanting a video camera view of her standing up and droning, or do they want a screen-capture video of her PPT with her voicing-over?

One requires a video camera, the other just some software.
I do lots of short video presentations of our software products, and have used SnagIt, which is paid-for.

But there will be free options, I'm sure.

I just did a quick google, and it appears that there may be a tool in Win10 which can do video capture. I've not read it properly...
https://uk.pcmag.com/operating-systems/86044/how-to-capture-video-clips-in-windows-10

See also...
https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/the-best-free-screen-recorder

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2 on: 10 March, 2020, 06:54:46 pm »
Hmm,

Without experience, that's a bit tough.

I'd have looked at several cameras, and do a multi camera edit. It depends on what the presentation video is going to be judged mainly on, content or production?

Also mike her up with a radio mike as anything else will not have good sound... also I'd consider showing slides from the presentation (if there're any) in the video.
It is simpler than it looks.

rr

« Reply #3 on: 10 March, 2020, 07:22:58 pm »
Recent versions of PowerPoint have this built in, you can also do a narrated screen capture video.
Skype will also capture your screen and voice.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: 11 March, 2020, 12:12:06 am »
Thanks all. Good info/questions. 

Apparently needs to film herself actually standing in front of camera doing the presentation (on screen in Adobe software).  lighting may be tricky.  Content is key, but I expect the production is important to impress, as may detract if below par.
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #5 on: 11 March, 2020, 07:47:32 am »
iPhone or galaxy with a little stand or tripod.  As said a little wired microphone would be ideal.  I use this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MPDYGBE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which is perfectly acceptable.

Music stands make a great lectern.  Put a mark on the wall behind the camera which she can look at so that she is not looking directly at the camera but at the lecture theatre if that is what she wants.  Otherwise these days tlooking at the camera is fine and comes across as more of an intimate vlog.

you can sit behind the phone and do some zooming in and out if you want but I would not bother.  Stay relatively wide so that she can move a bit naturally and go for it.