Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Signs of Spring
« Last post by Kim on Today at 08:57:50 pm »
The Silly Oak empty-houses-with-windows-open-and-the-burglar-alarm-sounding-continuously season has officially started.

*fondles Knippex wire cutters*
The Pub / Re: Investing in whisky - maybe a scam?
« Last post by Polar Bear on Today at 08:54:14 pm »
I have been researching bottled whisky with a view to investment partly for fun, partly because I do like a wee dram.

I'm not brave enough to go for barrels.

On The Road / Re: Cyclist who knocked down and killed pensioner
« Last post by Kim on Today at 08:53:47 pm »
In the UK, cyclist speeding (cycle speed limits) wouldn't be enforceable IMO.  Drivers may choose not to look at their speedometer, and still be guilty of speeding, but the fact remains the speedo is required to be fitted, functional, & visible by law, for drivers of multi-ton vehicles (capable of massive damage) to check, and drive safely...

The speedometer thing's a red herring, IMHO.  Not all motor vehicles are required to have one, and their drivers are still required to conform to the speed limit.
Status update:

At present there is teh Bears with our non-yacf friends on one pitch from Thursday for 4 nights and Kim, andrewc and cycleman on a second pitch.  Kim for 2 nights, andrewc and cycleman for 3 nights from Friday.

We will be having a firepit on our pitch so please feel free to bring your camping chairs, preferred victuals and convivial nature and join us at any time*.

*  Well, perhaps not between the hours of 11pm and 8am ... 🤔😉
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by JefO on Today at 08:38:57 pm »
 The Ying Tong Song - The Goons

Sorry Bluebottle, had to be done.

Wreck on the Highway - Townes van Zandt

Highway to Hell - AC/DC
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Bluebottle on Today at 08:33:02 pm »
Wreck on the Highway - Townes van Zandt
The Pub / Re: Science that makes you cringe
« Last post by Bluebottle on Today at 08:31:23 pm »
I submitted a whole load of grading of science exams and coursework yesterday. Reactions from "Yay" to "Was I in the room when I delivered the material?" The latter part, much cringe  :-[
^ thanks grams and everybody for keeping it simple with me🙏

I think I will try the/a mobile phone big screen thing (with suitable mount) as display first and go from there, hopefully learning that curve and making whatever of it all

🙏🙏👍👍

The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by Diver300 on Today at 08:23:41 pm »
I put the 100 Ohm resistors, labelled "1000"* in the space for the 1000 Ohm resistors, and found out some months or years later when a circuit didn't work.

*"1000" meaning a value of 100 with 0 more zeros added on the end. 1000 Ohm resistors are marked 1001, meaning 100 with 1 more zero added. It makes more sense when you consider that the system has to cater for values up to 10,000,000 Ohms which can be written as 1005 and the four characters can be written on the resistors.
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by JefO on Today at 08:18:46 pm »
https://www.strava.com/activities/11361625334

Had a great day in the saddle - without my smart watch though, we would never have found my phone, money and credit cards.

Full story in the link.

About 60km
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10