Author Topic: Etrex 20 - Disappearing map in Active Route  (Read 1016 times)

rwa.martin

Etrex 20 - Disappearing map in Active Route
« on: 09 November, 2011, 08:13:50 am »
I've recently taken delivery of an Etrex 20 (good bit of kit) and I've been experiencing a problem with the map disappearing randomly in "Active Route". I set up a route then go to the "Active Route" page. If I select a waypoint the dashboard info comes up along with the direction information and a map of the junction. Occasionally this map randomly disappears (in both simulation and live modes). It doesn't seem to happen after a set duration nor does it happen every time.
I'm still experimenting to see if it's something to do with autozoom or perhaps that I'm using OSM rather than a Garmin product.
The firmware is the latest version. Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution.?

Thanks
Rich.

PS - further to this, I can restore the map by leaving the page and returning to it. On approaching the waypoint it will beep, light the screen but not restore the map. Same for arriving at the waypoint. Leaving the waypoint and the next instruction comes up with the map displayed.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
Re: Etrex 20 - Disappearing map in Active Route
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2011, 10:11:09 am »
So that's where the Turn Preview has gone.  I assumed it had been lost entirely!
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll