Author Topic: GPS Voice directions  (Read 1066 times)

GPS Voice directions
« on: 10 July, 2009, 10:00:56 pm »
I am (I suppose) after the holy grail of GPS. I wear specs so need voice directions (I would not be able to read the screen), I want a reasonable battery life and the ability to plot routes on the maps, is this attainable ?
       I have looked at the Nokia 6210 Navigator and if the staff in the phone shop are to be believed then this is the answer, having mis informed before I need advice.
                                                                               8)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Re: GPS Voice directions
« Reply #1 on: 10 July, 2009, 10:11:15 pm »
i have no experience of that Nokia, but I bought a nokia blackberry-copy on the recommendation of the phone shop and it was absolute rubbish.  I am now using a blackberry held together with duct tape in preference to their awful operating system.

I think they get more commission for Nokias, that's all.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July, 2009, 11:32:05 pm »
Garmin Nuvi 500 and 550 are ruggedised and do voice.
That's all I know about them (battery runtime might be a problem).

The thought of an audax bunch approaching a roundabout, all with voice prompts, is one that frequently gives me wet dreams ...
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #3 on: 16 July, 2009, 02:56:10 am »
That and the price could be a problem, the 6210 navigator is (evidently) the first "dedicated GPS phone" so I think as it's reasonable on a contract and I have interrogated Vodaphone and the Nokia shop I should be able to throw it back at them if it doesn't do what they say.
     By the by, does the auto reply notification not work, I haven't had any
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.