Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1165034 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #4175 on: 22 July, 2011, 08:01:34 pm »
It's the holibobs. My work laptop hasn't been replaced, and the work email synch on my phone stopped working a couple of weeks ago. 5 weeks til the buggers can get me! 

« Reply #4176 on: 22 July, 2011, 08:39:43 pm »
It's the holibobs. My work laptop hasn't been replaced, and the work email synch on my phone stopped working a couple of weeks ago. 5 weeks til the buggers can get me!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4177 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:23:33 pm »
La famille Wow... Loads of people whose faces I recognised but whose names I couldn't remember,

Don't worry.  Amnesia is quite normal at your age. ;D
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4178 on: 22 July, 2011, 10:26:35 pm »

The team in 1992, with Frank.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #4179 on: 27 July, 2011, 08:21:40 am »
its our anniversary at the weekend and normally we'd get the train to london, go out for a meal, drink too much and stay in an overpriced, cramped, overheated hotel.  Not my favourite thing.

This year, Mrs M suggested cycling 40 miles to Lavenham, eating in a pub and staying in a B&B ;D ;D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4180 on: 27 July, 2011, 10:51:04 am »
Have a lovely time in Lavenham! And on the journeys, of course.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #4181 on: 27 July, 2011, 12:40:59 pm »
its our anniversary at the weekend and normally we'd get the train to london, go out for a meal, drink too much and stay in an overpriced, cramped, overheated hotel.  Not my favourite thing.

This year, Mrs M suggested cycling 40 miles to Lavenham, eating in a pub and staying in a B&B ;D ;D
Chris S used to recommend the Swan, tho I think it's quite posh.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

Si_Co

« Reply #4182 on: 27 July, 2011, 01:41:29 pm »
It's my last day before i go on leave for 11 whole days, so I am commuting tonight, bikely says 56 mile, should be great once i get through Salford  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4183 on: 27 July, 2011, 02:57:33 pm »
Nice. :D
Getting there...

pixieannie

• Partial to a dash of chainsaw oil
« Reply #4184 on: 27 July, 2011, 09:11:34 pm »
Nina came through her op and is comfortable after having an epidural.

JJ

« Reply #4185 on: 27 July, 2011, 11:56:36 pm »

You do realise that next year you're riding there?  S'only fair.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #4186 on: 01 August, 2011, 01:22:56 pm »
I just spoke to my l'il sis. She's in the corner shop. Yes, THAT Corner Shop. Paging CrinklyUncle - n+1 is ready!

« Reply #4187 on: 02 August, 2011, 12:33:06 pm »
Don't know if you are in the area but The Old White Hart at Lyddington is brillian, food everything excellent, recommend the suite with the Jaccuzi, trez bloody brilliant  ;D

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #4188 on: 02 August, 2011, 05:06:55 pm »
Finally managed to sell some shares today, that means I can now afford to go to PBP & finish building the Dave Yates frame I bought from Tiermat  :)
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #4189 on: 02 August, 2011, 07:21:17 pm »
Is that the purple sparkly one? Even I like that, despite it being Not Black!

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #4190 on: 02 August, 2011, 08:53:56 pm »
I've been given a date and time (Monday, 1330 hrs) that I must attend $PRESERVED_RAILWAY to be assessed in the post of Signalman.  If all goes well, I can drop the word "Trainee" when I answer the phone.

I can get there and back in the day.  No need to book the sleeper.  (Prolly a bit late to book now anyway, as it's August and everyfink.)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #4191 on: 02 August, 2011, 09:33:51 pm »
Barbara has got a new job after spending the last couple of months in misery, last shift today in old job Yippee  :)
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
« Reply #4192 on: 03 August, 2011, 04:55:29 pm »
Is that the purple sparkly one? Even I like that, despite it being Not Black!

Yes it is mate, there will be photies once it's finished  :)
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #4193 on: 05 August, 2011, 12:46:20 pm »
I had a job interview this morning (it was due yesterday but my back has been bad) for the role that I am temping in, and they called me back after an hour and offered me the job :thumbsup:

After 2 years of redundancy, unemployment, agency and temp contracts it feels a great relief to be back in full-time employment. Plus the people I work for are truly brilliant and the library is lovely.  :)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #4194 on: 05 August, 2011, 12:52:02 pm »
I had a job interview this morning (it was due yesterday but my back has been bad) for the role that I am temping in, and they called me back after an hour and offered me the job :thumbsup:

After 2 years of redundancy, unemployment, agency and temp contracts it feels a great relief to be back in full-time employment. Plus the people I work for are truly brilliant and the library is lovely.  :)
Yay!
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4195 on: 05 August, 2011, 01:05:54 pm »
Oh fantastic!  I've been worried about you.

Getting there...

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #4196 on: 05 August, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »

Yay!

Have a few more:   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #4197 on: 05 August, 2011, 02:26:53 pm »

Yay!

Have a few more:   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Likewise, great stuff. :)
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #4198 on: 05 August, 2011, 02:45:45 pm »
The dividends from the bastards who made me redundant are being paid today.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #4199 on: 05 August, 2011, 03:29:26 pm »
I've been given a date and time (Monday, 1330 hrs) that I must attend $PRESERVED_RAILWAY to be assessed in the post of Signalman.  If all goes well, I can drop the word "Trainee" when I answer the phone.

I can get there and back in the day.  No need to book the sleeper.  (Prolly a bit late to book now anyway, as it's August and everyfink.)

Yay! Sounds fun :D (and cool)

Yay again! Well done and congratulations :).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.