Author Topic: Mac users - Help wanted!  (Read 4214 times)

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
Re: Mac users - Help wanted!
« Reply #25 on: 18 July, 2008, 05:08:48 pm »
The saga continues. I've just bought a G4/400 with 512mB memory, 30 Gb hard drive, DVD reader and OS X 10.4 from the 'bay for the grand total of £2.20 - which wasn't that bad. Master plan is to fill it up with surplus PC drives, a DVD burner and possibly, when I can find one at a reasonable price, a Sonnet processor board.

It seems to work. However my disfunctional cat managed to knock a cup of coffee over my only mac keyboard the other night and now this is equally disfunctional, not working on some keys and generating the occasional keystroke of its own.

Do I need a replacement Mac Keyboard or will a USB PC keyboard work? I'd try it but all my PC keyboards are min-din. I realise it won't have an Apple key but I've never needed it yet.

Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #26 on: 18 July, 2008, 05:32:00 pm »

Do I need a replacement Mac Keyboard or will a USB PC keyboard work? I'd try it but all my PC keyboards are min-din. I realise it won't have an Apple key but I've never needed it yet.

A USB PC keyboard 'should' work - but I recall having a minor problem with one. So minor that I can't remember what!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #27 on: 18 July, 2008, 10:14:36 pm »
The Apple Key comes in handy :) How do you copy and paste?

Anyways, a PC keyboard will work but you'll have issues like, no apple key, @ swapped around, no eject or volume shortcuts on the keyboard.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #28 on: 19 July, 2008, 03:53:21 pm »
The Apple Key comes in handy :) How do you copy and paste?

I use a proper mouse with two buttons ;D
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie