Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1575895 times)

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #400 on: 14 July, 2011, 06:13:20 pm »
Quote from: Kim
...  A bit like traffic lights with placebo buttons on the pedestrian crossings that do nothing to the timings.  ...
Tell me more.  The traffic light to get to the co-op used to turn pedestrian gree straight off.  Now it waits until the road is empty anyway.  I've long suspected something's up ...
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #401 on: 14 July, 2011, 08:44:57 pm »
Oh FFS, bloke in pub.  No.  You didn't see me on the Hagley Road in Quinton yesterday.  This is the third time someone has told me this in as may weeks.  I hardly ever venture out that way.  Except on the way to collect the YACF Baton some time ago.

OMG  :o  There's some poor bugger out there who looks like me!
Poor sod.  ;)

Actually "Looks like me" probably means "not riding a BSO on the pavement"  ::-)
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #402 on: 14 July, 2011, 08:57:45 pm »
Actually "Looks like me" probably means "not riding a BSO on the pavement"  ::-)

That's what I was worrying.   :-\

Thankfully I wasn't anywhere near the Hagley Road yesterday either...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #403 on: 14 July, 2011, 09:04:52 pm »
Aldi ice cream 4l tubs are no longer sold.

It was amazing ice cream and now no more.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #404 on: 14 July, 2011, 09:06:04 pm »
Kim, you know when the wind catches that hair of yours, and a thick strand of it attaches itself across your top lip....................

« Reply #405 on: 15 July, 2011, 04:15:03 am »
Airline - charging ridiculously expensive fares and then requiring me to tag and check my own luggage is a bit rich!
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #406 on: 15 July, 2011, 09:02:43 am »
Philip, Sir.  I have just spent the last 20 minutes redoing the visitors book for tomorrow after the Adjt pointed out that you use the full stops after the H, the R, and the H.

None of the rest of your family do it.  Why you?  It just makes more WERK for me.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #407 on: 15 July, 2011, 11:00:12 am »
Why does BBC News website say NoW when it should be NotW?

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #408 on: 15 July, 2011, 11:18:37 am »
Philip, Sir.  I have just spent the last 20 minutes redoing the visitors book for tomorrow after the Adjt pointed out that you use the full stops after the H, the R, and the H.

None of the rest of your family do it.  Why you?  It just makes more WERK for me.

Philip is a bit of a pedant when it somes to such things (as is Brenda).  The kids and their sprogs seem to be afflicted by modern curse of failing to understand the value of proper punctation.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #409 on: 15 July, 2011, 11:20:08 am »

Philip is a bit of a pedant when it somes to such things (as is Brenda).  The kids and their sprogs seem to be afflicted by modern curse of failing to understand the value of proper punctation.

And spelling?  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #410 on: 15 July, 2011, 12:09:37 pm »
If the following:

Username:
Error reading command input
Timeout period expired

appears on your screen, it does not mean that you are unable to log in.  It means you are one of the Slow Children, you big dopey doppo.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
« Reply #411 on: 15 July, 2011, 01:17:47 pm »
Similarly, if

'hinstall.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

appears, it does not mean that the command ran successfully and without reporting any errors.  The fact that you have admin rights to that machine is just scary.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #412 on: 15 July, 2011, 01:19:45 pm »
If the following:

Username:
Error reading command input
Timeout period expired

appears on your screen, it does not mean that you are unable to log in.  It means you are one of the Slow Children, you big dopey doppo.
Ah yes, the classic 'PICNIC' situation.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #413 on: 15 July, 2011, 05:18:32 pm »

And spelling?  ;D

Punctation - isn't that lactation from pierced nipples?
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #414 on: 15 July, 2011, 11:41:03 pm »

Are the dots after H, R and H the equivalent of the Greengrocer's Apostrophe but at the other end of the social spectrum? ;)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #415 on: 18 July, 2011, 12:40:01 pm »
While it is better that the mains wossname from which my netbook may be supplied with electrickal voles chose to die now rather than while I'm on holibobs, I'd prefer that it had not died at all, as it severely limits my ability to view pr0n in bed.  Bum willy toilets.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #416 on: 18 July, 2011, 05:19:41 pm »
My new rim hasn't arrived from France so it looks like I'll be doing the South Downs Way on singlespeed next weekend ???

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #417 on: 18 July, 2011, 05:31:26 pm »
Earwigs.  Also, weather with comedy timing.

« Reply #418 on: 18 July, 2011, 07:05:43 pm »
Dad, there's not much food I get for myself that I'm not happy to just share without you asking, but my expensive strawberries and clotted cream ice cream what I don't get very often is one of those things. Finding several giant scoopfuls missing does rather leave me feeling miffed. I'd eat your sacred stilton in retaliation if I didn't hate the stuff.

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #419 on: 19 July, 2011, 07:47:13 am »
Would whatever it is that is chewing holes in my socks please just stop it.  They don't grow on trees you know.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #420 on: 19 July, 2011, 10:09:47 am »
Due to another family members catastrophic work/life balance fail, I find myself on the way to Lichfield to accompany my Dad from hospital there to hospital in Burton, and back again.
Happy to do so, obviousl, but a little more than 11 hours notice would have been good.
Just had an interesting phone conversation with my manager.
Asking for annual leave with zero notice is never good. 
I ended up saying that at least I was being honest.  Most people would have simply thrown a sickie as an easier option.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #421 on: 19 July, 2011, 11:38:49 am »
While it is better that the mains wossname from which my netbook may be supplied with electrickal voles chose to die now rather than while I'm on holibobs, I'd prefer that it had not died at all, as it severely limits my ability to view pr0n in bed.  Bum willy toilets.

It's spontaneously started jbexing again ???  Iz pleased that I didn't order a new one yesterday.

« Reply #422 on: 19 July, 2011, 11:42:24 am »
Sister. We had a phone call last week and it ended - as I recall perfectly - with your final words of "Leave it to me, I'll get back to you." So I did. But you didn't. So nothing happened on Sunday. Now you are complaining that you have to drive the 15 miles to Warwick to give my son his birthday present. Tough shit.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #423 on: 19 July, 2011, 01:11:39 pm »
Still don't know what's wrong with the car.
It runs, for now, and we've managed to narrow the cause down to three possible units (all computerised, natch) but we won't know *which* unit is to blame until the car starts sulking again. Hmmph.

On the plus side, the garage haven't charged me for the Tech2 diagnostic. Which is nice.

Maybe this is the universe telling me to ride more.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #424 on: 19 July, 2011, 02:53:05 pm »
Has my phone been hacked by lowlife scumsuckers working for News International? Or, has someone here been giving away my secrets? Or, is it my local vendor of newsprint and periodicals who has put the word out about my subscription to Amateur Proctologist (incorporating Enema Weekly)?

These are the only explanations I can find for the behaviour that I witness daily, where I stop at a red light and then in the period before the lights change to green cyclists that I have previously overtaken come past and stop in front of me, and then when the lights do change to a man (for sadly they are all men) raise their arses in the air and wave them at me as they impede my acceleration. I try and tell them "People, put your arses down and learn to ride your bicycles you bunch of tossers" as I go around them.

Obviously this is just code for "I have promised to gaze only up the botty of two holes Greg"

Won't somebody think of the hamsters!